Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

should somalia become multi cultural country?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

should somalia become multi cultural country?

Postby Advo » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:09 pm

Our land is too big and we have the longest coastline for immigrants from fishing communities. We need skillful people though no matter which country of origin. I prefer African countries though to stay black but other races are welcomed. I say atleast 2 million dispersed around the country. I believe this will solve all our problems.

AbdiJohnson
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: should somalia become multi cultural country?

Postby AbdiJohnson » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:11 pm

Yes. We are living in a globalized world. Borders should also be erased and free movement of people. Except of course you're a terrorist; they should have no free movement

I am,

Abdi "Eritreans are hardworkers" Johnson

Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advo » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:15 pm

Whoa u going too far. We just need mostly muslim immigrants and minority non muslim population like skillful indian farmers.

Gabre
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Gabre » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:19 pm

The problem is, who wants to go to Somalia?

Do you realize the reason Somalia's EAC application was rejected was because member states feared Somalis flooding into their countries?

jalaaludin5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: “Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”

Postby jalaaludin5 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:33 pm

Because of the racist nature of our people there will be multiculturalism.
One in the form of bantu integration and mass impregnation.

The recent story of AMISSOM Soldiers raping Somali women and Somali men acting as pimps for even 13 years old. The reaction of people to the news was quiet interesting. The outrage was not so much about the crime but the thought of a Bantu been the culprit.

But when it comes al-shabab taking girls to hairy afghans using the religion its not as bad.

Is not even about the religion either.
A bantu muslim will always be a bantu.
But a none bantu muslim is closer to God...lol

Ps...Evrything above also applies to moi, and am horrified :snoop:

SimplySerene
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SimplySerene » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:37 pm

Our land is too big and we have the longest coastline for immigrants from fishing communities. We need skillful people though no matter which country of origin. I prefer African countries though to stay black but other races are welcomed. I say atleast 2 million dispersed around the country. I believe this will solve all our problems.

I have experience with being in multicultural places and a place where a massive majority are white. Both are okay because the people were decent.

Sorry but I don’t want places where there are Somalis(Somaliland&Somalia) to be heavily populated by immigrants&foreigners because I already that experience. I want to have a different experience. I want travel to those places see what it’s like to be surrounded by millions of people that look like me and share other similarities. Must be awesome.

The world can mingle about later…..blend and become one later….may happen anyways…yep yep

Estarix
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Estarix » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:49 pm

Somalia needs economic immigrants, and with a uncorrupt government that promotes economic development and a free market then the number of sectors which can be exploited are huge and people will come where there is money to be made.
Government can help build these sectors to improve the flow and development of trade and economy.
Healthcare - import doctors and train students
Transport etc rail and road
Tourism - accommodate millions of tourists
Education - nationalised unis preferred path a good place for immigrants to contribute
Ports - airports and seaports with latest infrastructure to handle large volumes
Oil extraction
Farming - a large proportion of country need to can be produced internally. Also includes factories producing bananas, mango, sugar etc
Aviation - a nationalised airline preferable
Fish sector - this area is untapped and can produce billions
Mobile, internet and land line system - skinnys arent too far behind here
Power production etc electricity - preferably extracted using renewable ones such as solar and wind power
Sewage system and collect and disposal
Canals - i can already see one built one at ras hafun
Navy
Banking
Irrigation
Mining - sector is untapped can produce billions
Military - locally producing weapons from factories
And we need to plant a shitload of trees. Ill probably come down there and plant them myself.
Security
Land estate
And most of these can be nationalised
I can already see how easily jobs can be produced and millions of somalis and immigrants kept working.

MaliPrince
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MaliPrince » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:07 pm

this might be the stupidest question ever posted on this site. and thats saying alot considering how many idiots populate this place.

if Somalis don't wanna be in Somalia, what on earth makes you think anyone else would? our country is currently the #1 shithole on planet earth. you couldn't get anyone from another country to want to move there.

Estarix
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Estarix » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:09 pm

this might be the stupidest question ever posted on this site. and thats saying alot considering how many idiots populate this place.

if Somalis don't wanna be in Somalia, what on earth makes you think anyone else would? our country is currently the #1 shithole on planet earth. you couldn't get anyone from another country to want to move there.
Well, obviously this thread doesnt apply to not now nor anytime soon. Perhaps sometime in the future.

Jove

Postby Jove » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:10 pm

YES it should, if only to save us from eating rice and camel meat every damn lunch. Some Japanese teriyaki, Jewish bagels, Hindu curry—glorious multiculturalism.

visious
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby visious » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:42 am

first you need secular country inoder to experience great multi-culturalism . You need a law that gives equal power to Muslims and non-muslims, males and females etc. (no sharia laws)

USA was also too big for the population 200 years ago so the started heavy immigration from Europe and slavery from Africa

Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Throw me to the hyenas and I will return laughing as the pack leader.

Postby Adali » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:19 am

Outsiders won't solve our problems, but I like seeing diversity I think it's important. Why do you specifically want 2 mil though ?

Forex

Postby Forex » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:41 am

Multiculturalism nonsense. I will lead a right wing party before your silly thoughts ever takes off.

EvolSyawla
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: A woman proud of who she is cannot be made to feel otherwise of who she is not.

Postby EvolSyawla » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:58 am

I have experience with being in multicultural places and a place where a massive majority are white. Both are okay because the people were decent.

Sorry but I don’t want places where there are Somalis(Somaliland&Somalia) to be heavily populated by immigrants&foreigners because I already that experience. I want to have a different experience. I want travel to those places see what it’s like to be surrounded by millions of people that look like me and share other similarities. Must be awesome.

The world can mingle about later…..blend and become one later….may happen anyways…yep yep
:up: :up:

Thuganomics
Location: Arguments gain nothing but resentment, Disscussion however creates learning

Postby Thuganomics » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:01 am

It can't even cope with a multitribe excistance.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.