Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Being emotionally detached

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Nabeela
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Being emotionally detached

Postby Nabeela » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:37 am

23 and a dentist? Is that even possible...

Only on Somalinet, most of our members are very young and successful, heck we even have a 21 year old MD.

Jeffo
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Jeffo » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:57 am

Stab yourself in the hand and document your experience, in audio if you can.

Marques
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Marques » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:33 am

I tend to notice i become "detached" when i live a repetitive routine. Do something different every few days/months, be spontaneous and pick up different hobbies. DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

1nemansquad
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby 1nemansquad » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:34 am

I can't remember last time I was "in love" or experienced any kind of euphoria, probably more than 10+ years ago
you're 23, so at 13 years old and younger was the last time u experienced being 'in love' or intense emotions?

well i think you feel this way because you missed out on being a child, since you were experiencing love and other things at 13 and younger.

Amira143
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Amira143 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:48 am

Only on Somalinet, most of our members are very young and successful, heck we even have a 21 year old MD.

:dead:

StormShadow
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby StormShadow » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:51 am

:dead:
:lol: :lol:

Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Throw me to the hyenas and I will return laughing as the pack leader.

Postby Adali » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:54 am

I have reached a point in my life where I am almost completely emotionally detached. My emotions usually doesn't go up and down, but is pretty stable. I can't remember last time I was "in love" or experienced any kind of euphoria, probably more than 10+ years ago. I kinda feel mellow and peaceful emotionally, I don't experience euphoria nor sadness. Is there something wrong with me? Can someone relate?
Yeah, I can relate, being in a state of equilibrium emotionally, but I experienced it temporarily for about a couple of days when I realised I couldn't cry or even laugh genuinely. But I got out of it, f-king weird experience, like someone took my emotions and imprisoned them. I still got joy from my surroundings like friends, family, nature, food etc, but I couldn't express it, hell I couldn't even get angry, I was completely rationally 100% of the time, it was so annoying, it was like I was on a completely different wavelength to everyone else.

I advice you pray your salah and go back to your diin, emotions can be annoying sometimes but they are what makes us human.

ManD333q
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby ManD333q » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:15 pm

The school system here in Sweden is different. I started college at the age of 16 and was trained as a dentist until I was 21.

This is not related to the topic though, so anyone who goes off topic will be reported.

Haha so many lies.. :lol:

YummyMummy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby YummyMummy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:19 pm

^ :lol:
:notsure: caught out by a fellow Swede, damn!

ManD333q
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby ManD333q » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:49 pm

^Lol no a Swede..but we have very similar education system. Inay been cad tahay way iska muuqata.

garoweboy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby garoweboy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:57 pm

Seriously what part of me and my bro Warsheekh were born in 91 don't y'all Zoomali's get? :?

Xanuunku
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Xanuunku » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:00 pm

That's what sleeping around does to females. :lol:

EvolSyawla
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: A woman proud of who she is cannot be made to feel otherwise of who she is not.

Postby EvolSyawla » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:11 pm

I'm quite emotionally detached until I have my morning coffee.

No, I'm kidding. I can't relate. I am a very loving and affectionate woman; if I enter a zone of emotional plateau where I am neither interested in being up or down, I strive to change my circumstance.

Julkimi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Somalinet boycott by Puntites in effect 12/24/14. GB,Quark, Righteous I will miss you my brothers.

Postby Julkimi » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:37 pm

Evol: I'm also a loving and affectionate person. Once I am in love, I will put my mind and soul into my love, which can be scary sometimes, because I love hard, and loving hard results to heart break, that's why I completely ignore my feelings when it comes to new bae. :oops:

EvolSyawla
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: A woman proud of who she is cannot be made to feel otherwise of who she is not.

Postby EvolSyawla » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:01 am

Yes macaaney Julz, I know exactly what you mean. Love hard, Fall hard. It's sad, but that's why you have to be very careful who you give your heart to. Once he shows he is worthy by patiently and lovingly breaking down your walls, you unleash the beast lool

Some men have the patience and understanding to know that a woman has been hurt and will guard against it ever happening again. Usually, if a girl gives her heart easily, her love isn't worth that much. But you both know better.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.