Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Deeqa D

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Deeqa D

Postby Lamagoodle » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:52 am

Deeqa quruuxsaneey aan ku daawade

Deeqa D dabciigaaga wuu i deeqay

Degmadaad degan tahay daawasho iyo dalxiis baan ku imaanayaa:

EvolSyawla
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: A woman proud of who she is cannot be made to feel otherwise of who she is not.

Re: Deeqa D

Postby EvolSyawla » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:08 am

The voices in the second video are kind of creepy. :lol: But I like the first vid.

Isn't Deeqa a man though?

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:21 am

The voices in the second video are kind of creepy. :lol: But I like the first vid.

Isn't Deeqa a man though?
The second video is classical somali dhaanto before the onset of the AMXAARO beat. That is how dhaanto should be.

Deeqa is a female name meaning "enough/bounty/wealth". The male version is Deeq.

We have a Deeqa D in Somalinet.

EvolSyawla
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: A woman proud of who she is cannot be made to feel otherwise of who she is not.

Postby EvolSyawla » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:27 am

Yes...But I thought it was a male user. My mistake if she is indeed a female poster. :)

Thank you for that explanation.

jalaaludin5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: “Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”

Postby jalaaludin5 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:27 am

I only associate the term...Dhaanto with the dance and the type of music that come with it.

But that second video. His using the same style as Suldan Timocade (AUN) used for his gabeys.

So what gives? ho yalayey ho yalayey can be classed as dhanto?

LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LobsterUnit » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:30 am

Yes...But I thought it was a male user. My mistake if she is indeed a female poster. :)

Deqa is a female poster whose house was robbed my madows, hence her hatred for them.she is from hargeysa tribes.i am baasto farax it was a lenghty investigation.

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:34 am

I only associate the term...Dhaanto with the dance and the type of music that come with it.

But that second video. His using the same style as Suldan Timocade (AUN) used for his gabeys.

You are right about the similarity with Timacade.

Dhaanto is not a dance in its original form. It is how it is sung; normally you have a man singing it and a number of women providing the chorus. There are various forms of dhaanto; in Waamo, Carees Ciise was popular; in Xamar, Cali Jareer.

The NFD and Western Somalia dhaanto has survived; the latter has become the victim of amxaaro dances.

This is how the dhaanto used to be sung. It is the classic qarshe weeye qalbigu armuu nagu qarxaa...

EVOSY; Deeqa Dagan is a female member. I can assure that. These dhaantos were dedicated to her.

EvolSyawla
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby EvolSyawla » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:42 am

:smugfavre: Gartay.

0sman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby 0sman » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:42 am

Deeqa = male? :|

I think you're mistaking Deeq (without the last letter A) with Deeqa (with it).

LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LobsterUnit » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:51 am

There are two deqas on snet.deqa, the madow basher, and deqa d, jalles friend.

jalaaludin5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: “Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”

Postby jalaaludin5 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:52 am

Dhaanto is not a dance in its original form. It is how it is sung; normally you have a man singing it and a number of women providing the chorus. There are various forms of dhaanto; in Waamo, Carees Ciise was popular; in Xamar, Cali Jareer.

The NFD and Western Somalia dhaanto has survived; the latter has become the victim of amxaaro dances.

This is how the dhaanto used to be sung. It is the classic qarshe weeye qalbigu armuu nagu qarxaa...

Listening to that i would i have guessed it to be dhaanto.

But that video i was talking about from the first two you posted doesn't sound anything like this one.

Ok, so there are different form of dhanto.

But how can you call Careys Ciise (AUN) style dhaanto? my understanding was that its called Saar.

Suugaanta soomalida is divided into 11 tix.

1. Gabay
2. Geeraar
3. Jiifto
4. Mansafo
5. Buraanbur
6. Guurow
7. Shirib
8. Saar
9. Salsal
10. Waglo

I got the above from google but from a book that i use to have it listed 11 so i guess they didn't include...hees/songs.

Now careys ciise (AUN) was famous for saar. Like wan iyo waraabe.
But there are others where he use a different form...

This http://askarmotors.com/Carays-ciise.html

is different than the normal saar and i wouldn't know what to call it.

So i think you wrong about careys ciise (AUN) he was the king of saar.

YummyMummy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby YummyMummy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:54 am

This should be turned into a DeeqaDagan Appreciation Thread :clap: My sister is really cool, genuine and warm maa shaa Allah, much love to her :heart: :rose:

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:55 am

Thanks for clarifying Gaajo....

I saw a Deqa1 that is copy and paste (link). Rather irritating...

BTW,
Another example of how dhaanto used to be sung. Baarleex is now a supporter of the Lihuya police and repression. This dhaanto was sung in the 1980s; it is called Harar iyo Hawaash; critical of Amxaaro and Mengustu.

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:01 am

Listening to that i would i have guessed it to be dhaanto.

But that video i was talking about from the first two you posted doesn't sound anything like this one.

Ok, so there are different form of dhanto.

But how can you call Careys Ciise (AUN) style dhaanto? my understanding was that its called Saar.

Suugaanta soomalida is divided into 11 tix.

1. Gabay
2. Geeraar
3. Jiifto
4. Mansafo
5. Buraanbur
6. Guurow
7. Shirib
8. Saar
9. Salsal
10. Waglo

I got the above from google but from a book that i use to have it listed 11 so i guess they didn't include...hees/songs.

Now careys ciise (AUN) was famous for saar. Like wan iyo waraabe.
But there are others where he use a different form...

This http://askarmotors.com/Carays-ciise.html

is different than the normal saar and i wouldn't know what to call it.

So i think you wrong about careys ciise (AUN) he was the king of saar.
You could be right. It depends on the context. Some of Carees songs are saar but some of them have the characteristics of dhaanto.

The Saar is actually a late night event. It is a dance and drums are used. It is not unusual that the lyrics are sung by women; the men dance...

As regards the classification, it could be debated if that list is complete:You have dance forms that have vocals which are not there.

0sman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby 0sman » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:02 am

Hmm. I know about the existence of the 2 Deqa's and that's not what I was explaining. I was making Love to understand the difference between Deeq & Deeqa.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.