Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It seems like Cannibalism is common in the Congo

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Chinaman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

It seems like Cannibalism is common in the Congo

Postby Chinaman » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:57 pm

Even stone age Hunter-Gatherers weren't as primitive historically as this. In West & Central Africa they still eat wild hunted Non-Domesticated animals with all kinds of diseases which is why the current epidemic strand of Ebola started. We repeatedly see incidents of Cannibalism again and again from Liberia to the Central African republic to the Congo & also a mob culture practised widely in all of Sub-Saharan Africa (with the exception of the Horn) where people are literally burned alive for petty stuff etc
Btw both Ebola and HIV's origins can be traced back to the Congo.

Anyway the story is bellow...

Congo crowd kills man, eats him after militant massacres: witnesses

BENI Democratic Republic of Congo (Reuters) - A crowd stoned to death a young man in northeast Congo on Friday before burning and eating his corpse, witnesses said, in apparent revenge for a series of attacks by Ugandan rebels.

The incident in the town of Beni followed a number of overnight raids in the area blamed on the Islamist group ADF-NAUL, who are thought to have massacred more than 100 people this month, using hatchets and machetes to kill their victims.

Witnesses said the man, who has not been identified, aroused suspicion on a bus when passengers discovered he could not speak the local Swahili language and that he was carrying a machete.

Speaking from the town of Beni, Congo's President Joseph Kabila said the ADF-NALU militants would face the same fate as the rebel movement M23, which was defeated by a U.N.-backed government offensive last year.

"There is no question of negotiation with the terrorists," Kabila said in a speech at a local hotel. "They will be defeated as was the case with the M23. And it will be very soon."

ADF-NALU is an alliance of groups opposed to the Ugandan government that has operated from bases in neighbouring Congo since the mid-2000s, undermining Kinshasa's grip on the area.

The movement was blamed for the deaths of 14 people, killed early on Thursday in the village of Kampi ya Chui, bringing the total death toll this month to at least 107, said Teddy Kataliko, president of the Civil Society of Beni.

Tensions ran high in the town on Friday morning with around 100 demonstrators blocking the road from the airport into town, throwing stones and waving machetes to demand greater government protection against the rebels.

Local government officials could not immediately be reached for comment. Earlier in the week, the government sought to downplay the threat posed by the group, which it had previously said was defeated in an operation earlier this year.

Estimates of its strength vary greatly, but the website of the U.N.'s peacekeeping mission in Congo estimates it has around 500 fighters.

The Ugandan government has said ADF-NALU is allied with Somalia's al Qaeda-linked al Shabaab movement, but analysts say the nature of these ties is not clear, despite the ADF-NALU's clear Islamist ideology.

In his speech on Friday, Kabila appealed for public support for a ramping up of its offensive against the group, but did not specify what that would entail.

"I call on the population to support the army because the victory against the M23 was because the population was behind the army," he said. "I call on young people to join the army in great numbers."

Kabila also defended the U.N. peacekeeping mission known as MONUSCO following criticism from locals that it had failed to defend them and had even collaborated with ADF-NALU.

Crowds of mainly young men attacked several peacekeeping facilities with stones and bows and arrows last week, forcing the evacuation of some staff.

The U.N. mission says it has stepped up patrols in the area in the wake of the massacres.
http://af.reuters.com/article/topNews/i ... dChannel=0

ciddhartha
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: It seems like Cannibalism is common in the Congo

Postby ciddhartha » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:51 pm

Cannibalism is always ritualistic in nature. Cannibals don't eat humans for sustenance.

So, with that said, how is it any more gruesome than FGM, which serves no purpose but to mutilate young girls.

kambuli
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby kambuli » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:17 am

Just imagine who those cannibals control and watch theirs leaders? Us....

ArchLagger

Postby ArchLagger » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:43 am

my friend told me usta happen n europe n asian more than afrika. they luved baby meat durin famines of europe n eatn dead wives to keep alive n settler amerika.

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:56 am

And indhayars eat snakes and dogs...
And cadaans eat pigs...
And inuits eat seal faeces...
etc, etc, etc...

Chinaman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Chinaman » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:20 am

And indhayars eat snakes and dogs...
And cadaans eat pigs...
And inuits eat seal faeces...
etc, etc, etc...
Yeah cause that's comparable to eating other humans.....Makes total sense!

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:57 am

So if somebody put a gun to your head and told you to eat the flesh of a pig or that of a human being, you would choose the Pig?

Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Throw me to the hyenas and I will return laughing as the pack leader.

Postby Adali » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:00 am

I read the whole news article and to my dismay it only briefly touches upon the fact that a man was eaten, like what the fuck is up with that, Lol.

I think Chinamen picks and chooses news to further spread his anti-bantu rhetoric, as if other races aren't capable of the most horrific disgusting acts also, Humans are sick in general and in particular to those who are vulnerable.

That should be a sobering fact to those who like to justify the destroying our last real government.

jamal9
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby jamal9 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:44 pm

Al-shabaab eat hyenas. Hyenas eat people. So we can conclude that Al-shabaab eat people.

thehappyone
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby thehappyone » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:52 pm

Al-shabaab eat hyenas. Hyenas eat people. So we can conclude that Al-shabaab eat people.
u might be interested to know pigs eat humans too, there was this pig farmer who tripped over his fence, fell unconscious, and got eaten by his pigs

Navy9
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Navy9 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:57 pm

lol

jamal9
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby jamal9 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:58 pm

u might be interested to know pigs eat humans too, there was this pig farmer who tripped over his fence, fell unconscious, and got eaten by his pigs
... but I don't eat pigs...

thehappyone
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby thehappyone » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:05 pm

... but I don't eat pigs...

Chinaman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Chinaman » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:30 pm

How the fuck is eating Pork for God's sake comparable to feasting on actual fellow Humans? Wtfff

Looks like you Somalis are no better than those Congolese. Some of you in here need to reassess your moral values.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that it wasn't a mad man or an Individual but the whole village who did this literally. I find that to be beyond insane.

Chinaman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Chinaman » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:59 pm

I read the whole news article and to my dismay it only briefly touches upon the fact that a man was eaten, like what the fuck is up with that, Lol.
I think Chinamen picks and chooses news to further spread his anti-bantu rhetoric, as if other races aren't capable of the most horrific disgusting acts also, Humans are sick in general and in particular to those who are vulnerable.

That should be a sobering fact to those who like to justify the destroying our last real government.
Not at all, I'm not even Anti-Bantu or whatever that is. True, I do want non-Ethnics to not numerically take over Somalia in the near or far future but is that even a bad thing? I have no problem with Bantu countries as a whole.

In reality I actually have tremendous respect for a lot of Bantu countries like Botswana, Namibia and so on. I wish Somalia would be at their level economically. I also like countries like Zambia, Tanzania, Mozambique & Angola. This though and the story in general horrified me hence my reaction.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.