Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bantu man in Kismayo is threatening to kill/displace ethnic Somalis

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
waraabe251
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Bantu man in Kismayo is threatening to kill/displace ethnic Somalis

Postby waraabe251 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:50 am

How come a lot of Southern Clans among them the Rahnwein looks like bantu ? there are bantu DNA among many of this people..... and culture
Rahanwayen don't look bantu, many family friends are normal somalis whereas mj look bantu and some mx also look bantu

GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GAMES » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:52 am

This video is like the one about that Cumar Shooli guy where the guy who records it sets him up and uploads it on the net and we know how it ended. The Bantu guy in this clip actually said "We are Somali" at least twice and said if they're attacked by either Ogaden or even Habar-gidir they'll defend themselves and fight. It's the guy with the camera who mentioned Mushunguli and then Tanzania where the Bantu man was confused and didn't seem to understand what he was asked and said 'Haa, Tanzania'

MailMan, what's your real reason of why you're obsessed with these Bantus, mate? It seems you have some deep hatred for these folks and tend to get very animated and passionate when discussing anything Bantu, as far as karbaashing even African Americans. :|
If I had to guess, he probably got his ass beaten by those folks. He's butt hurt. Or he looks like those people he's hating on. It's called self hate.

PLATINUUM
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby PLATINUUM » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:18 am

@mailman don't mind me....just hijacking your thread real quick....check this video out. 0:38 for the somali part

Grant
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Grant » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:43 am

Somali Bantus did not come to Somalia as part of the Bantu Expansion. They were brought by the Omanis as slaves and bought by Somali masters as part of a plantation system mostly along the Webi Shebelli. Those in the Jubba/Kismayo area descend mostly from slaves who escaped the Shebelli area and became independent in the forested/tsetse-infected area of the Gosha.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somali_Bantu

"Between 2500–3000 years ago, speakers of the original proto-Bantu language group began a millennia-long series of migrations eastward from their original homeland in the general Nigeria and Cameroon area of West Africa.[7] This Bantu expansion first introduced Bantu peoples to central, southern and southeastern Africa, regions where they had previously been absent from.[8][9]

The Bantus inhabiting Somalia are descended from Bantu groups that had settled in Southeast Africa after the initial expansion from Nigeria/Cameroon, and whose members were later captured and sold into the Arab slave trade.[8]

The Indian Ocean slave trade was multi-directional and changed over time. To meet the demand for menial labor, black Africans from southeastern Africa captured by Arab slave traders were sold in cumulatively large numbers over the centuries to customers in Egypt, Arabia, the Persian Gulf, India, the Far East, the Indian Ocean islands, Ethiopia and Somalia.[2][3]

From 1800 to 1890, between 25,000–50,000 black African slaves are thought to have been sold from the slave market of Zanzibar to the Somali coast.[10] Most of the slaves were from the Majindo, Makua, Nyasa, Yao, Zalama, Zaramo and Zigua ethnic groups of Tanzania, Mozambique and Malawi. Collectively, these Bantu groups are known as Mushunguli, which is a term taken from Mzigula, the Zigua tribe's word for "people" (the word holds multiple implied meanings including "worker", "foreigner", and "slave").[2]
19th and 20th centuries

Bantu slaves were made to work in plantations owned by Somalis along the Shebelle and Jubba rivers, harvesting lucrative cash crops such as grain and cotton.[11]

In the 1840s, the first fugitive slaves from the Shebelle valley began to settle in the Jubba valley. By the early 1900s, an estimated 35,000 former Bantu slaves settled there.

The Italian colonial administration abolished slavery in Somalia at the turn of the 20th century. Some Bantu groups, however, remained enslaved well until the 1930s, and continued to be despised and discriminated against by large parts of Somali society.[12]

The Bantus were also conscripted to forced labor on Italian-owned plantations since the Somalis themselves were averse to what they deemed menial labor,[13] and because the Italians viewed the Somalis as racially superior to the Bantu.[14]
“ While upholding the perception of Somalis as distinct from and superior to the European construct of "black Africans", both British and Italian colonial administrators placed the Jubba valley population in the latter category. Colonial discourse described the Jubba valley as occupied by a distinct group of inferior races, collectively identified as the WaGosha by the British and the WaGoscia by the Italians. Colonial authorities administratively distinguished the Gosha as an inferior social category, delineating a separate Gosha political district called Goshaland, and proposing a "native reserve" for the Gosha.[14] ”

When I arrived in 1966, Jilib was the Italian administrative center for the LowerJubba, and the mayor of Jilib was Muhammed Sheikh Suleiman, the Gosha headman. This changed after the Kacaan, when Jilib and the Gosha were removed from the administrative picture.

Substance
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Substance » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:26 am

They should be deported back to Tanzania
Come to the south with this mentality and you will be the one thats get deported in best case scenario. Couldnt give a shit about your qabiil.

TheMailMan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheMailMan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:13 pm

This video is like the one about that Cumar Shooli guy where the guy who records it sets him up and uploads it on the net and we know how it ended. The Bantu guy in this clip actually said "We are Somali" at least twice and said if they're attacked by either Ogaden or even Habar-gidir they'll defend themselves and fight. It's the guy with the camera who mentioned Mushunguli and then Tanzania where the Bantu man was confused and didn't seem to understand what he was asked and said 'Haa, Tanzania'

MailMan, what's your real reason of why you're obsessed with these Bantus, mate? It seems you have some deep hatred for these folks and tend to get very animated and passionate when discussing anything Bantu, as far as karbaashing even African Americans. :|
If I had to guess, he probably got his ass beaten by those folks. He's butt hurt. Or he looks like those people he's hating on. It's called self hate.
So it's "self-hate" because I dont want my culture or people to be slowly eroded away by foreigners occupying Somali soil? It's self-hating that I'm a Somali Nationalist who wants to see our ethnicity preserved and our way of life preserved?

Just shut up warya. You've said enough today and wallahi you're nothing more than an embarrassment.

This guy on camera ADMITTED that he wants his people to colonize Somalia and you turn a blind eye to this, and criticize me for bringing it up!

You're lost.

TheMailMan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheMailMan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:17 pm

@mailman exactly...its just so sad when i watch the somalis on here fight each other and bring qabil into every thing rather than working together to build a great nation...every one is too focused on darod and isaaq land like....why can't we all just be somali? you never see Ethiopian tribes fighting they're own people like this.
I don't give a shit about Qabiil. We are all Somalis and I only care about Somalinimo. And this is why I'm so forceful against those trying to misappropriate our culture/heritage/ethnicity.

We have FOREIGNERS living in Somalia. Foreigners on our soil who are occupying our land and threatening to push out the ethnic Somalis from their own country.

This is a disaster which needs to be handled

Machiavelli2
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Machiavelli2 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:43 pm

This thread reminds me of the white extremists forums such as the Tea Party Birthers who argued that Obama was a foreign born alien and shouldn't have been United State president, or Stormfront members expressing their hatred towards dark skinned refugees and in particular Somalis and calling for their deportation back to Somalia. The OP patronizes us and cleverly attempts to desensitise us by falsely claiming the majority of Somali Bantus worship other entities than Islam. He is blinded by his constant hatred towards Bantus. Has he ever met a Somali Bantu family? I don't think so. What is happening in Somalia is far from Muslinimo and Somalinimo and is a case of tribes grabbing land to become the rightful rulers of TixriLand and AyaxLand. The Somali Bantus have suffered in the past during the civil war and continue to suffering to this day because of their exclusion in the administrations set up in their localities. They have every right to protest and threaten those who want to displace and abuse their rights as Somalis. A Kuwaiti doesn't automatically become an Egyptian because they speak the same language, eat the same food, belong to the same religion and more or less practice a similar culture. The same goes for an Englishman Vs Canada, U.S, Australia and New Zealand. Same goes for a Latino. As a Somali, I don't think I could do as I please like a citizen in Jibouti. Who is a Somali citizen and who isn't should be resolved. A Somali who is an Ethiopian, Jibouti or a Kenyan citizen shouldn't be considered more of a Somali than our Bantu Somalis. We carry this artificial notion of Somalinimo when our intention is to insult and displace these Muslim minorities. For over a quarter century Kismayo has been fought over by the major Somali tribes and since the code word became Federalism these days, tensions are still high among these groups. Don't bash the victims again and again and Illaah SWT ka baqoo ee dadkaasi maatida Nabbad gelliya.

These are Bantu Somalis in the United States who still practice their religion and culture.

LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LobsterUnit » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:47 pm

Sheikh nassib bundo has not been forgotten#I WILL CALL MYSELF KUNJUFU GUSAMUTU WHEN THE BANTU HOUR COMES.

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:22 pm

Machiavelli, America is an immigrant nation, Somalia is not. So the tea party reference is nonsense.

TheMailMan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheMailMan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:24 pm

Machiavelli, first of all you're confusing the Jareerweyne Somalis of Shabelle Region....who I have no problem with, with the Bantus who live in the Kismayo region of Somalia. They are not one and the same, and you're being extremely dishonest here by even trying to make them the same.

The Jareerweyne Somalis are a noble people, with dhaqaan and deen and who have lived in Somalia for more than 500 years. You won't find me criticizing them at all. :up:

I'm talking about a different set of people; the Mushunguli (Bantu) people from Tanzania who migrated to Somalia in recent times and who are increasing in numbers in our own country. THOSE ones are the problem. Get it right. They're Tanzanians, they aren't Somalis. Most Somalis and most Tanzanians are well aware of this fact, which is why the Tanzanian Government accepts their visas and allows them to settle in the country and obtain a Tanzanian citizenship.

Second of all, the Somalis of Djibouti are SOMALIS, and same with the ones who live in Eastern Ethiopia and Northern Kenya. They are the same as us. Just because the colonial European nations divided up our lands based on artificial boundaries means nothing at all. You sound absolutely silly here. Why should a Somali who lives in Galkacyo, and who has relatives in Ethiopia and Kenya not consider those people to be real Somalis? Are you f-king kidding me here? Do you hear yourself speak? And then you have the nerve to compare me to those scumbags on Stormfront, because I say the truth; that the Bantus who live in Southern Somalia are actually Tanzanian and have no business occupying our country? I'm not advocating we displace anyone. I'm advocating we return these foreigners back to their homeland, where they belong. They should go back to Tanzania, a country which is much larger than Somalia and which has millions of acres of untouched land. What part of that is so hard to understand.

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:25 pm

mailman, you are racism man. somalis come all kind of shape and look. if anything bantu ba somalia lah, you geel jire came from western somalia/ethiopia.

TheMailMan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheMailMan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:28 pm

Machiavelli, America is an immigrant nation, Somalia is not. So the tea party reference is nonsense.
Exactly. Next thing you know, we'll have some blonde-haired, blue-eyed European saying "I am a Somali" and then you'll have some Bantu from Mozambique saying "I am a Somail".....Audhubilah. Does he even know what a Somali is? We are an ethnic group. We are a nation of ethnic Somalis who share a culture/language/religion, and we should cherish this.

Yet these self-hating Somalis want to open the doors of Somalia and welcome any Ajnaabi into our country, as if it's a free-for-all.

TheMailMan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheMailMan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:31 pm

mailman, you are racism man. somalis come all kind of shape and look. if anything bantu ba somalia lah, you geel jire came from western somalia/ethiopia.
Show me one Somali guy who actually gets on camera and says "I am Chinese"

Show me one Arab guy who says "I am a Japanese"

Warya, use your logic and stop catering to them. Speak the truth here. You have the nerve to call me a racist while you see nothing wrong with Bantus taking Somali territory and pushing out ethnic Somalis? Are you kidding me?

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:40 pm

somali bantu are somali and sure they have more rights than i have on somali lands.

you forgetting somalia in africa and its normal there is bantu who are somalis.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.