Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why are Somali men so effeminate?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Raganimo
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Why are Somali men so effeminate?

Postby Raganimo » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:54 am

Maybe we should do testosterone tests on the Faraxs and see what you're saying is really true or not.

Because I haven't noticed any effeminate behavior at all. Are we skinny oftentimes? Of course. Do we have no sense of rhythm while dancing? Definitely

But that doesn't mean anything. There is no effeminacy amongst us.
You clearly have never visited Somalia. Dude most Somali guys between 15-30 are as effeminate as fuck. Somali guys back home are not manly at all, they are either neutral or effeminate. Usually its the older guys that are neutral.

Listen I know ur a proud Somali and you defend us well. But sometimes we have to admit to our faults to correct them. Lets not be so defensive all the time. Besides this is our forum, not like non-Somalis will know our affairs.
On what planet is it masculine to sit here and gossip about men and study their body types and movements? The irony of a dude making an effeminate post about effeminate men is just simply too much lol.

You must be 13 or something. Somalis who come strictly from miyi are some of the hardest dudes you'll ever find. Do you know what it takes to survive in that environment?? These people will murder you for disrespecting them. They will literally gut you like a pig.

Also, different cultures have different standards for masculinity so it's all relative in the end. People from the horn have certain customs that would be regarded as "effeminate" here in the West such as men holding hands etc..

Teeda kalena Somalis from the South (Xamar) have different mannerisms than those from waqooyi so it's not like there is a monoculture which we all share.

Lastly, maybe your peoples back home are gay in which case you shouldn't be speaking for all of us. :pacspit: :pacspit:

Raganimo
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Raganimo » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:05 am

Bro ximan, it is all about different cultures. Have you ever seen a Russian smile? A friend of mine told me In Russian culture, smiling is a feminine trait - just go to google images and search "Putin"

When I went to Somalia, I was told not to thank people for minor things as it makes u look weak and feminine. It is all about where u r.
I know this point. Which I previously said that certain things are subjective and different cultures have different opinions on what can be considered feminine and manly.

However my points were mostly things that are not subjective and something that is oblivious to the eyes. Such as how a person walks, talks and interacts/body language.
How is bullshyt such as "the way they talk" not subjective? :Puhlease:

The funny thing is Arabs and other foreigners always make fun of us for having deep voices and generally being loud and disorderly.. these are not traits that are associated with femininity.

As for most of us being skinny and elongated, take that up with God.

Raganimo
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Raganimo » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:11 am

Post video of masculine/macho Somali men so we can understand what you mean by effeminate Somali men.
Don't think I ever saw a macho Somali men, myself included. .
:scusthov:

:pacspit:

Rambie
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Rambie » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:28 am

War meeshan maxa kadacay, chill folks it's not that serious.

Maxaad waxaan ufurtey rambie? Let the dead threads r.i.p and move on
I've stumbled on this thread & had the video on the other tab. Waxay ahayd in an iska xido.

@Ragnimo, the user you're insulting is not active anymore ee cadi iska dig.

Raganimo
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Raganimo » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:39 am

I was not expecting this from you of all people sxb. :snoop:

Just because I criticise the sad state of the Somali man and the stark reality we live in, you imply I have the problems? In no way in any shape or form does this detract any merit from my views. I can be proud to be Somali, a true patriot and still criticise my brothers.

I mean seriously, instead of actually addressing this you want me to push things under the rug? If your brother was doing doing hard drugs, commiting zina and that balaayo nonsense wouldn't you criticise him?

It's called tough love sxb.
I'm just not big on generalisations.

But I know what you mean, however tough love never works on people after a certain point. We as young men and women need to bring up our children better than our fathers and mothers. I do have family members who are not succeeding in material life, but what I find funny is that often times they are actually better human beings than the so called peeps in my family who are succeeding from peoples perspective. The former tend to be extremely selfish and backstabbing, whereas these guys are often times genuine and even humble despite all of their problems.

Cultural issues like Qaad and FGM need education, and there are many who are working towards making improvements. Many families no longer practice FGM and there are activists who campaign against drugs like QAAT, people like Abukar Awale. Basically what I am saying is to make a change we need a positive, resilient can do way of thinking rather than wallowing on our problems, insulting others and calling it "tough love". I see that this is something that you have a lot of feelings towards, but my criticism was not in anyway meant to offend but to just offer an alternative. Cheers sxb :up:
I admit I can be crass sometimes, but I guess it's just this feeling of hopelessness that prevails over me when I see Somali men do stupid shit like making that west African male marrying some xalimo bimbo thread that had all these faggots hyperventilating. We have more urgent problems to attend to and deal with than worry about who some broad decides to marry.

I can see where your coming from though. But I think there should be a balance. You can still have good qalbii and provide for the family and be successful at the same time. I've noticed many Somalis tend to bring that point up for some reason though. :|

All I want is greatness for my people, yet everyone just ignores me as if these issues don't exist or just do some stupid shit like honing in on some irrelevant bullshit on my posts whilst my points go completely flying over their heads. The reason why I generalise is because waa ruunta. the vast majority of us are pretty much screwed, whether we can overcome this, only Allah knows. :Shrug:

I can still love my people and be a patriot while criticising them to be better overall human beings. It's my right and duty to do so. :up:
It takes years, possibly decades, of hands-on, on the ground, field work to make a positive change. None of us have all the answers, but degrading us and airing our ceeb in public, as if Somalis aren't stigmatised enough as it is, is not the way forward sxb. You have your heart in the right place, but you're making this about you and your frustrations when it should be about the best way for us to move forward as a people. This ain't it.

Also, like I said, most of us here are first generation refugees. Some of the people who came here were not suited for this environment. They thought that they could just continue their marfash culture and never adapted to their new surroundings. Those people are basically lost and it's on us to pick up their mess and clean up after them.

Their kids lack father figures and positive role models - we have to provide that. They lack help and support- we have to provide that. These kids don't need to be put down and demoralised since they're already suffering from a multitude of inferiority complexes. What you're doing is very counterproductive, even though you mean well.

Thuganomics
Location: Arguments gain nothing but resentment, Disscussion however creates learning

Postby Thuganomics » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:54 pm

Stop looking in the mirror and then projecting
You'll find that the problem will instantly go away

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:43 pm

Somali men look effeminate what is he talking about ximan xaare ileen waba iska xoolo where did he see this effeminate somali men isagu waba arintan iga yaabisay

Dior

Postby Dior » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:20 pm

:o What :dead:

Theguardian
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Theguardian » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:34 pm

Oops - this is cruel topic yet truthful
I think it down to the fact most muslim men are raised by women - generation after generation - obviously they are gonna take after those who raised them.
I met very few Somali men who are Masculine men but I guess that's what makes unique. We just have to accept it.

Shahjesus09

Postby Shahjesus09 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:04 pm

Somali men are historically known as warriors don’t let the skinny build fool you. We fought off every invader. All the diaspora Somali kids those skinny Farah’s in Canada the us and London are terrorising the streets and partake in the majority of gang violence. A lot of these skinny Farah’s have bodies lol. Wallahi don’t let the skinny build fool you. I remember one cadaan British guy wrote a book talking about this exact thing how when you look at these Somalis they look skinny but if you fight them it’s as though you’re fighting a man twice his size. I forgot the book and the author. My point is being skinny doesn’t make you feminine Somalis were never enslaved during a time when many ethic groups across Africa were enslaving each other. We won every war. The only war we lost was Ogaden and that was because they got the Russians to back them. You can’t be feminine and win so many wars lol. Somali men in general are very homophobic you cannot be feminine and homophobic that’s literally a juxtaposition. Cushtics are born with their features the skinny build softer hair those aren’t feminine traits. Those skinny Somali kids in losndon are winning every beef they’re involved in lol. Somalis vs west African. Fearless warriors. Of course there’s gay/beta/ feminine men in every culture but they are a minority especially in the Somali community. Somalis are hotheads we literally each other over stupid clans. If Somali men were feminine there would be no civil war they would have ‘talked it out’ like women. Instead they got their ak47’s out and blasted each other till there was no one left. Stop this silliness I know a lot of these reply’s are sellout Somali girls pretending to be men using this as an excuse to put down their own men lol. You can marry whoever you want without spreading lies and nonsense.

Shahjesus09

Postby Shahjesus09 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:08 pm

Oops - this is cruel topic yet truthful
I think it down to the fact most muslim men are raised by women - generation after generation - obviously they are gonna take after those who raised them.
I met very few Somali men who are Masculine men but I guess that's what makes unique. We just have to accept it.
The self hate is real with this one lol.
Lol, typical ape. Instead of addressing my points, he dismisses them by claiming I'm a self hater.

Criticising your people to help them and raise awareness of issues =/= hating yourself you dumbass.

How do people think like this?! :wtf:
Somali men are historically known as warriors don’t let the skinny build fool you. We fought off every invader. All the diaspora Somali kids those skinny Farah’s in Canada the us and London are terrorising the streets and partake in the majority of gang violence. A lot of these skinny Farah’s have bodies lol. Wallahi don’t let the skinny build fool you. I remember one cadaan British guy wrote a book talking about this exact thing how when you look at these Somalis they look skinny but if you fight them it’s as though you’re fighting a man twice his size. I forgot the book and the author. My point is being skinny doesn’t make you feminine Somalis were never enslaved during a time when many ethic groups across Africa were enslaving each other. We won every war. The only war we lost was Ogaden and that was because they got the Russians to back them. You can’t be feminine and win so many wars lol. Somali men in general are very homophobic you cannot be feminine and homophobic that’s literally a juxtaposition. Cushtics are born with their features the skinny build softer hair those aren’t feminine traits. Those skinny Somali kids in losndon are winning every beef they’re involved in lol. Somalis vs west African. Fearless warriors. Of course there’s gay/beta/ feminine men in every culture but they are a minority especially in the Somali community. Somalis are hotheads we literally each other over stupid clans. If Somali men were feminine there would be no civil war they would have ‘talked it out’ like women. Instead they got their ak47’s out and blasted each other till there was no one left. Stop this silliness I know a lot of these reply’s are sellout Somali girls pretending to be men using this as an excuse to put down their own men lol. You can marry whoever you want without spreading lies and nonsense.

Shahjesus09

Postby Shahjesus09 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:11 pm

Our politicians walk is supposedly effeminate...i'm a female and noway in hell is that effeminate...& if any woman were to walk like them she'd be called butch

Ximan probably got jealous of the AMISOM soldiers physique.
Lol, no manly man walks like them.

and no I'm not jealous of the AMISOM soldiers physique. :lol: Yes, muscular physique does represent manliness, however so does manly characteristics. And Somalis neither have manly physique or characteristics.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 ‘I’m jealous of the amison men’s physique’ brother you are a qaniis how are you watching another mans build/physique and getting jealous. You’re feminine that’s for sure lol don’t project your own truth onto others you fish fire qaanis. There’s faggots like you I’m every culture/community. Man said I’m jealous 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 there’s no way this is a guy. This is defo a xalimo with a fetish abayo breed with the amisom solider and raise his kids don’t bad mouth the Somali man because no Somali man wants you

Shahjesus09

Postby Shahjesus09 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:15 pm

Stop looking in the mirror and then projecting
You'll find that the problem will instantly go away
No cap upti bunch of faggots decided to write about their own likes projecting it on Somali men like we are the same lol. There’s faggots and then there’s men. Majority Somali men are regular masculine men don’t let the skinny build fool you. Our ancestors were warriors lol these dameers need to learn the rich history of Somalis on the battlefield lol. Those skinny waryas were ruthless 😂😂😂. Man said feminine Wallahi I wish these faggots could go back in time a couple thousand years back and say this to a Somali man from that generation. They would kill you and pray your janaza that same night you faggot fire qanis.

Shahjesus09

Postby Shahjesus09 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:15 pm

bunch of faggots decided to write about their own likes projecting it on Somali men like we are the same lol. There’s faggots and then there’s men. Majority Somali men are regular masculine men don’t let the skinny build fool you. Our ancestors were warriors lol these dameers need to learn the rich history of Somalis on the battlefield lol. Those skinny waryas were ruthless 😂😂😂. Man said feminine Wallahi I wish these faggots could go back in time a couple thousand years back and say this to a Somali man from that generation. They would kill you and pray your janaza that same night you faggot fire qanis.

Shahjesus09

Postby Shahjesus09 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:17 pm

Maybe we should do testosterone tests on the Faraxs and see what you're saying is really true or not.

Because I haven't noticed any effeminate behavior at all. Are we skinny oftentimes? Of course. Do we have no sense of rhythm while dancing? Definitely

But that doesn't mean anything. There is no effeminacy amongst us.
You clearly have never visited Somalia. Dude most Somali guys between 15-30 are as effeminate as fuck. Somali guys back home are not manly at all, they are either neutral or effeminate. Usually its the older guys that are neutral.

Listen I know ur a proud Somali and you defend us well. But sometimes we have to admit to our faults to correct them. Lets not be so defensive all the time. Besides this is our forum, not like non-Somalis will know our affairs.
On what planet is it masculine to sit here and gossip about men and study their body types and movements? The irony of a dude making an effeminate post about effeminate men is just simply too much lol.

You must be 13 or something. Somalis who come strictly from miyi are some of the hardest dudes you'll ever find. Do you know what it takes to survive in that environment?? These people will murder you for disrespecting them. They will literally gut you like a pig.

Also, different cultures have different standards for masculinity so it's all relative in the end. People from the horn have certain customs that would be regarded as "effeminate" here in the West such as men holding hands etc..

Teeda kalena Somalis from the South (Xamar) have different mannerisms than those from waqooyi so it's not like there is a monoculture which we all share.

Lastly, maybe your peoples back home are gay in which case you shouldn't be speaking for all of us. :pacspit: :pacspit:
Don’t turn this into xamar vs waqooyi this faggot is by himself he’s a gay feminine kid projecting. Somali men are not feminine only the betas the gays and the simps and you have these kind of people in every community.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.