Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Was your family poor or rich back in Somalia ?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.

Rich or Poor ?

Yes we were poor
29%
we were middle class
42%
Rich
29%

Total votes: 31

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Bandit
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Was your family poor or rich back in Somalia ?

Postby Bandit » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:32 pm

Middle class ish, my paternal grandfather died when my dad was young so income came from my ayeeyo's small businesses/dads older siblings. Maternal grandfather was locked up by the Faqash in the 80s so my mom had to send money back home
Was your maternal grandfather a criminal :MJ:

Methylamine
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Methylamine » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:34 pm

Yeah, he was charged with breathing while being Isaaq.

MoAwr
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MoAwr » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:42 pm

Yeah geel, goat, lax and faras rich but poor in terms villas n land cruisers like 95% of somalis.
Qurbaha done wonders for some lol

Bandit
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Bandit » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:46 pm

Yeah, breathing while being Isaaq.
I think your hiding something sir if said barre was alive I would have reported you for complying against the state being isaaq is crime change your ways friend live a darood life:MJ:

Methylamine
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Methylamine » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:49 pm

:lol: It's actually so refreshing knowing that Kacaanists have zero relevance in the affairs back home

Ismail87
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Ismail87 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:51 pm

My parents got married in Europe but my grandad owned a few houses in the north and a shit load of camels

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:51 pm

Well, we're all at the bottom of the totem pole now, so what does it matter?

GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GAMES » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:53 pm

Mansha'Allah, ur Aabo seems intelligent. Can I ask u what airline ur dad flew for? Just curious, u don't have to answer if u don't want to.
Sorry never been told about that him driving plane was only brought up by mom vaguely when she was reminisce about the day she fled xamar. :Shrug:
So she just told u Aabo was a pilot and that's it?

Mansha'Allah, Dhulos are such a successful Qabiil. I met no less than 30 millionaires, an ex Dhulos NASA astronaut (his words, not mine) and countless others who held varying jobs with the previous Siyaad Bare government in my yrs here in the U.S.

I wanna come back as a Dhulos in my next life. :)

Thuganomics
Location: Arguments gain nothing but resentment, Disscussion however creates learning

Postby Thuganomics » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:56 pm

shit load of camels
My kinda Somali.Born free

MoAwr
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MoAwr » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:02 pm

shit load of camels

Thug, you need to make a regular trips go land of the free home of the brave :mrgreen:

Thuganomics
Location: Arguments gain nothing but resentment, Disscussion however creates learning

Postby Thuganomics » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:04 pm

shit load of camels

Thug, you need to make a regular trips go land of the free home of the brave :mrgreen:

I would sxb if the motto wasn't just words for words sake

MoAwr
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MoAwr » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:08 pm

Sxb i recommend a mix diet of miyi/magaalo to anyone who can stomach it!!!

Bandit
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Bandit » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:11 pm

Mansha'Allah, ur Aabo seems intelligent. Can I ask u what airline ur dad flew for? Just curious, u don't have to answer if u don't want to.
Sorry never been told about that him driving plane was only brought up by mom vaguely when she was reminisce about the day she fled xamar. :Shrug:
So she just told u Aabo was a pilot and that's it?

Mansha'Allah, Dhulos are such a successful Qabiil. I met no less than 30 millionaires, an ex Dhulos NASA astronaut (his words, not mine) and countless others who held varying jobs with the previous Siyaad Bare government in my yrs here in the U.S.

I wanna come back as a Dhulos in my next life. :)
:leon: that's alot the only one who might have money that my family knows is ali khalif :up:

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:14 pm

my reer had business and religious roots and where all over arabia and east africa

Having said that, mashallah, my dad was a عصامى/self-made-person, worked as simsaar and he secured for us good house in xamar when I was 7 years old

Moved from a house belongs to our reer to his own house

He got now three houses, one in mandhera, one in xamar and just last year he bought one from camalow in hiiraan a place we have never been to before.

Thuganomics

Postby Thuganomics » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:16 pm

Sxb i recommend a mix diet of miyi/magaalo to anyone who can stomach it!!!
Wallahi the few times I've been back home
I found the time I spent in the miyi a lot more enjoyable and relaxing.Still different strokes for different folks I suppose.My younger brother seems to thrive on going from hotel this to hotel that whenever he goes back

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.