Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

question about jilib during ogaden war and canadian influence

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Machiavelli2
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: question about jilib during ogaden war and canadian influence

Postby Machiavelli2 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:14 pm

I am fine- :up:
luis

Who won the war between the United States and the Castro brothers of Cuba? Now, their staunchest ally, Chavez is dead and Venezuela is broke and longer wants to subsidize Cuba's economy, they are turning to Washington for a compromise.

luis1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby luis1 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:30 pm

Machiavelli:
Who won the war between the United States and the Castro brothers of Cuba? Now, their staunchest ally, Chavez is dead and Venezuela is broke and longer wants to subsidize Cuba's economy, they are turning to Washington for a compromise
This issue is not important to me. The important issue to me is How Ogaden debacle changed the fate of somalis forever.

Machiavelli2
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Machiavelli2 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:44 pm

Machiavelli:
Who won the war between the United States and the Castro brothers of Cuba? Now, their staunchest ally, Chavez is dead and Venezuela is broke and longer wants to subsidize Cuba's economy, they are turning to Washington for a compromise
This issue is not important to me. The important issue to me is How Ogaden debacle changed the fate of somalis forever.
luis

As a Cuban yourself, I thought you will be interested that there is a tremendous shift in the political direction expected by the Cuban people from their leaders and that is why the Cuban State is now talking to Washington and compromising, so the Americans might lift the economic embargo against your country. How is this not important to you? It is good to have an indigenous Cuban input since you are the only Cuban who contributes to this forum. Share with us.

We lost the Ogaden War because friends and foes turned against us and till to this day, we haven't recovered from the side-effects of that war.

luis1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby luis1 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:02 pm

Machiavelli:
As a Cuban yourself, I thought you will be interested that there is a tremendous shift in the political direction expected by the Cuban people from their leaders and that is why the Cuban State is now talking to Washington and compromising, so the Americans might lift the economic embargo against your country. How is this not important to you? It is good to have an indigenous Cuban input since you are the only Cuban who contributes to this forum. Share with us.

We lost the Ogaden War because friends and foes turned against us and till to this day, we haven't recovered from the side-effects of that war.

Cuba will continue to be a dictatorship, because Raul Castro rules the fates of Cuba. He controls all the economic and political issues in Cuba and the Cubans will continue to be slaves in their own country.Maybe the cuban economy could have a little improvement but that doesnt mean the Cuban population could totally satisfy their human necesities. The Cuban scene can only change if political and economical freedom are available for every Cuban man and woman.

Machiavelli2
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Machiavelli2 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:19 pm

Cuba will continue to be a dictatorship, because Raul Castro rules the fates of Cuba. He controls all the economic and political issues in Cuba and the Cubans will continue to be slaves in their own country.Maybe the cuban economy could have a little improvement but that doesnt mean the Cuban population could totally satisfy their human necesities. The Cuban scene can only change if political and economical freedom are available for every Cuban man and woman.
Thanks Luis1

Since the collapse of the Soviet Union, the world has witnessed strong leaders who had total control on their subjects being chased out office, what is stopping the Cuban people to rise up and revolt against him to achieve "political and economical freedom"?

luis1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby luis1 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:37 pm

Machiavelli

Since the collapse of the Soviet Union, the world has witnessed strong leaders who had total control on their subjects being chased out office, what is stopping the Cuban people to rise up and revolt against him to achieve "political and economical freedom"?
You can ask the same the questions to Chineses,north koreans.The communist system is so strong that destroy the will of the people.You can ask the same questions to russians.

Why did they wait for more than 70 years to destroy Soviet Union?

luis1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby luis1 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:42 pm

But I have a doubt this topic is about Ogaden War or Cuba??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Machiavelli2
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Machiavelli2 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:08 am

But I have a doubt this topic is about Ogaden War or Cuba??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
No luis1, I know Mr Baasto well and he wants the amigos, you, Grant and James give us the low and high downs of your respective countries because we always discuss your countries from a Somali perspective. Since you don't like the Castros, you can share with us an analytical view sympathetic to our side of the Ogaden war. You know history is not black & white, therefore touch the grey areas in favour for the Somalis. We have lost that war only when Warsaw countries got involved.

Let me go back to Cuba, it is an interesting country that refused to be dictated by the Americans to the point of economic suicide and bankruptcy.

Do you think the Americans are changing their policies towards Cuba to prop up the regime, they will support and fund every movement that is against the regime. They can smell the beginning of the end of the Castros and would like to be those who assembled their replacement. How long will that take to materialise?

luis1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby luis1 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:53 pm

I think the cuban regime is very solid and is preparing the sustitution of Raul Castro without great problems.The Cuban regime is very strong and has the power to decide the future of Cuba.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.