Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sahal & BNW come in

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Rambie
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Sahal & BNW come in

Postby Rambie » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:56 am

Somalia authorities have arrested senior police and intelligence officials, accusing them of being involved in an attack carried out by the militant group al-Shabaab in a Mogadishu Hotel.

The arrest of the officers was disclosed to Horseed Media by reliable government insiders on Thursday who requested not to be named as they were not authorised to speak on the matter.

At least 10 officials have been detained and are being investigated for allegedly shirking their responsibilities during the militants attack ON HOTEL SYL, which is close to the Presidential Palace.

Among the arrested are generals and colonels, the source added.

It was learnt that the security of the hotel area had been under fully control by the Somali government soldiers and roads nearby closed.

The militants managed to cross several checkpoints with their car packed with explosives that was used for the suicide mission.

At least four people including two security guards died in the attack which was claimed by al-Shabaab immediately.

At the time of the attack, a Turkish delegation – most of them diplomats and security personnel were meeting Somali officials to discuss on the tentative of President Erdogan visit to the capital.

Security analysts have on various occasions raised questions on the attacks al-Shabaab has continously labelled on areas heavily guarded in Mogadishu, claiming there are individuals from the security agencies giving support the group’s missions.
What do you have to say now?

:jawalrus:

original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Sahal & BNW come in

Postby original dervish » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:05 am

You think those two charlatans give a shit?.....as long as their man has his hand on the honey jar they couldn't care less. :)

TheGrumpyGeeljire
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheGrumpyGeeljire » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:08 am

According to Sahal and Bluenwhite the generals who were arrested were 'Iidoors' :lol:

Machiavelli2
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Machiavelli2 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:09 am

If it is true, it is a sad day for Somalia, however, never trust Somali news portals, they took reporting Somali news to another low level.

Vivacious
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Life is waking up an hour early to live an hour more :)

Postby Vivacious » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:04 am

It has always been clear that Alshabab had insiders in the government. Not only these officials who got arrested but I believe there are still some more walking around freely unnoticed. Keep in mind some of the arrested officials are completely innocent. I just can't wait for this useless government to exit the doors. Counting the days for them :lol:

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:39 am

Vivacious,
"You can't wait for this useless government to exit" neither can I, but the truth is the end of one useless government means the beginning of another useless government so it seems. Maxaa xal eeh anigu waan daalay dadkaan ciyaar bey uu qaateen holding high positions :?

Vivacious
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Vivacious » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:41 am

We can only hope and pray :|

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:43 am

We can only hope and pray :|
:up:

Idman702
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Idman702 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:45 am

Let's be real it's time for rahanweyn to be president. Raxanweyns are neutral people and hard workers. If darood is president they will want to kill hawiyes and hawiyes will want to kill darood or claim muqdisho is theirs. Xamar ununka leh. Raxanweyn for president. :up:

Vivacious
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Vivacious » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:49 am

Xamar unuka leh. No to Rahanweyn president. I would rather have jareer president :lol:

Idman702
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Idman702 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:51 am

:dead:

Why? Maxay ka sameyeey abaay

Vivacious
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Vivacious » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:54 am

Julkimi is typing in Somali :o What a surprise.
Nah, I am just trolling here. I don't care who becomes a president as long as we get a stable and fair government. :lol:

waraabe251
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby waraabe251 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:37 am

What a surprise, everyone knew this from the starr.

original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby original dervish » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:45 am

I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that Somalia will be a mess for decades to come.
As long as I can settle down somewhere....with relative peace I'll be happy. :)

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:00 am

I lost a friend in that attack. My friend lived in Stockholm. He was not interested in politics. He was there as a businessman. He had coffee at the hotel and when it was time for jumca prayers, he went to the mosque where the explotion occured. It took almost a day before his body was identified.

Come on ppl. We should applaud this good news. Muqdisho is a large city. Even Baqdad and Kabul despite billions of dollars did not succeed in eradicating suicide bombers.

I see the above story as an excellent news. That the government has arrested senior officials is an excellent news.
The risk is that there will be corruption and "arrests" will be a good business models. Soon every thug (mililary, police CID) will lock up ppl, call them terrorists and will release them upon payment of a ransom.

Overall, I think the government is doing what it can. Beyond the fingers of the internet warriors, there is nothing much it can do. A poor country, the sick system of 4,5, institutionalised tribalism etc have all contributed to the state of our nation. Terrorism is a cancer and to treat it you'd need a number of measurs.You cannot, however, beat terrorism through arrests. You need a policy which protects people; a justice system for the poor. Al-shebab might be history if there is a justice system in Somalia. Terrorism gets potency from injustices. Also, creating employment opportunities will be a good move.

Another thing is that al-sheydhaan has succeeded in rising above the 4,5 system. They draw from a pool representing every clan. If we are to go anywhere, we should abandon this sick 4,5 system.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.