Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can a non-religious man marry a religious woman? Serious relationship topic

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Robotic
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Can a non-religious man marry a religious woman? Serious relationship topic

Postby Robotic » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:38 pm

If a religious man wants a religious woman, why marry a not so religious woman and vice versa? Force will do nothing but create problems.

XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby XimanJaale » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:41 pm

If a religious man wants a religious woman, why marry a not so religious woman and vice versa? Force will do nothing but create problems.
Yh I see. However what if the couple like each other for other things apart from religiosity? For example they have similar personality and characteristics. They enjoy each other's company and are attracted to each other. I mean love/attraction can be unpredictable.

Robotic
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Robotic » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:14 pm

Yh I see. However what if the couple like each other for other things apart from religiosity? For example they have similar personality and characteristics. They enjoy each other's company and are attracted to each other. I mean love/attraction can be unpredictable.
Well, then you need to prioritize and choose what's important to you. If you want a religious man/woman, choose. If you don't care, then don't. As long as you remember that you also choose the consequences of your choice.

TheMailMan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheMailMan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:58 pm

A group of us whom were all men have been discussing this question and we got conflicting opinions. I was wondering what your opinions are?

This is the scenario.

A Somali guy who is not religious has been courting a Somali girl who is religious. The guy is not religious, he is your average Somali guy. He prays and tries his best to be a practising Muslim.

The girl is religious and her family are religious too, she is well-knowledgeable in the deen and is a Quran hafiid. Whereas the guy does not come from a religious family and does not have much knowledge in the deen and neither is he Quran hafiid.

However the guy and the girl click very well, they have the similar personality and characteristics. They also similar ambitions and are physically attracted to each other. For example she finds him good-looking and he finds her good-looking.

Now the question is..Should the guy pursue marriage with this girls or should he end courting her? Do you think their difference in religiosity will put a strain in their relationship in the future? Though they are similar in other ways, do you think this similarity is enough for them to make their relationship a success? Also do you think the a religious girl like her does not deserve a non-religious guy like him?
How about I tell you I know of SEVERAL successful marriages where this was the case. There is NOTHING wrong with this at all, and in fact, this would be beneficial for the man as he can emulate his wife and try to become more religious himself. We should all try to constantly improve ourselves, and having a wife that's better than you in a certain respect can help encourage you to become more religious. As long as the compatibility is there, then what's the problem?

I know of a healthy, fit Somali man who married a Somali woman who had unhealthy eating habits and never exercised. Through his influence, this Xaliimo became healthier, started working out, and is much more fit now than she was in the past. And it's because of the influence of her healthy/fit husband.

BlackVelvet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BlackVelvet » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:42 pm

I thought non-religious would mean doesn't pray or fast. Then it would be a question mark and one that only she can answer lakin I genuinely don't see the problem here

Depends on how easy going she is about letting him be different and how flexible he is in joining in with things that are important to her. Other than that, really what is the problem?

Talo alle udaa
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Talo alle udaa » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:47 pm

Warya Xiiman,
ninyahow if you like to and aspire to be a good muslim, then a religious wife is a blessing.
remmeber the kids spend more time with their mother than dad, mom=home.
i have often observed somali mothers are more religious than their husbands and this has meant many of us learned to read the Quran at a young age.

zumaale
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby zumaale » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:53 pm

He better fix up or she will be correcting his Tajweed as he leads prayers in the household.

Note to self: Perfect Tajweed before shacking up with other half.

Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advo » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:07 pm

This very strict wadaad girl I took courses with told me point blank she and neither of her friends wanna marry a guy like them lol

I guess the super religious dudes scare them, they wanted someone "caadi", practices the deen to the best of his ability but at the same time... has a good personality interms of joking and playing around etc

jalaaludin5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: “Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”

Postby jalaaludin5 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:11 pm

BlackVelvet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BlackVelvet » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:32 pm

This very strict wadaad girl I took courses with told me point blank she and neither of her friends wanna marry a guy like them lol

I guess the super religious dudes scare them, they wanted someone "caadi", practices the deen to the best of his ability but at the same time... has a good personality interms of joking and playing around etc
This girl from a very religious background, very, very, ultra-religious, she said to me she wants a guy "with experience". I nearly choked on my drink :lol:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.