Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

One way ticket to Hargeisa, London,xamar, Bosasso, Toronto, LA, NY where wld u go?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
barbarossa
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: One way ticket to Hargeisa, London,xamar, Bosasso, Toronto, LA, NY where wld u go?

Postby barbarossa » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:05 pm

My dusty village of choice would be Dameerjoog! :blessed:

CaliQase
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: One way ticket to Hargeisa, London,xamar, Bosasso, Toronto, LA, NY where wld u go?

Postby CaliQase » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:23 am

Lol at $200 - $1000.

Try $50 - $250

I am,

Abdi "Don't exaggerate" Johnson
Lol, you do realize there are engineers, doctors, ngo and government employees and all sorts of them with some even make more than $1000 a month.
You do realize they are not the typical people in Somalia right? 99% of people make between $0 - $250

I am,

Abdi Johnson
So you are telling me 1% works for the government, Dahabshiil, Hormuud, Somtel, Telesom, Xawaaladaha,the NGOs, The UN and other big companies and the list goes on.
BTW where did you get the numbers?

AbdiJohnson
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiJohnson » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:33 am

Unless you are diaspora, the locals are lucky to even have their $100 a month income paid on time. The diaspora can make good money but the local bureaucrats do not. Soldiers make $100 as well.

People who work for Dahabshiil and Hormuud make crap money. They make $100 a month.

NGO local workers make crap wages too.

Are you sure you're in Somalia? Why are you naive? People are either relying on remittances or living on around $100 a month

99% of the locals are poor. The journalists make close to that $100 figure too. You claim to live in Somalia. Why are you so out of touch?

I am,

Abdi "You make me laugh" Johnson

CaliQase
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby CaliQase » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:13 am

Unless you are diaspora, the locals are lucky to even have their $100 a month income paid on time. The diaspora can make good money but the local bureaucrats do not. Soldiers make $100 as well.

People who work for Dahabshiil and Hormuud make crap money. They make $100 a month.

NGO local workers make crap wages too.

Are you sure you're in Somalia? Why are you naive? People are either relying on remittances or living on around $100 a month

99% of the locals are poor. The journalists make close to that $100 figure too. You claim to live in Somalia. Why are you so out of touch?

I am,

Abdi "You make me laugh" Johnson
Yeah right
:pac: Dahabshiil & Hormuud employees make $100 lol
I was making $100 couple of years ago, when I was been trained at a printing company and working part time, and you wanna tell me an engineer who works at Hormuud or Dahabshiil makes $100 lol. You haven't seen baabuurta ay ku socdaan. Infact, qof markuu lacag badan ku weydiiyo waxaan dhahnaa,"Oo kaalay, ma Dahabshiil baan u shaqeeyaa".

The intern local school teachers make above $100. And you are right on the journalists, I did hear they don't make much.

And the NGOs, working for them in the south is risky business but in the North people make alot of money working for NGOs, If I am wrong we have reer Woqooyi here, they will proof me wrong.

I am,
Cali"Get your facts together Cabdigaal"Qase

TheblueNwhite
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby TheblueNwhite » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:37 am

LA or Hargeisa

BTW $4000 isn't much to live off back home
LOL what a joke.

You can stay in the best hotel year-round and have a chauffeur 24/7.
There are hotels in Mog that go for $200/day and you're talking about year round hotel stay with chauffeur for $4K :comeon:
Rent for an average 4-6 bedroom house in a decent location if you are lucky = $1000

Housekeeper, cook= $500/ month minimum ($200 + $300) if you have a gardener add extra $200.

Guards = $200 per person

Food for a family of 10 = $700/month

Electricity = $300 that if you have a fridge, 1 TV and more than 1 fan. If you have AC, it is more.
Water = $20- $35

Gas for the vehicle = depends on your movement = $50/week

Internet = $50 -$100/month
If you got small children, you have to account for Dr. trips and medicine.

It is not a walk in the park.

Hormuud and Dahabshiil employees earn $250 and up.

CaliQase
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby CaliQase » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:41 am

Food for a family of 10 = $700/month
The fuck are you gonna eat :dwill:

TheblueNwhite
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby TheblueNwhite » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:43 am

i'm speaking for myself. Do you nicca.

CaliQase
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby CaliQase » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:45 am

How fat are you man?

TheblueNwhite
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby TheblueNwhite » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:51 am

Ha igu mashquulin aniga. The question you should be asking is how much does a jawaan bariis cost? Sicirka cuntada haddaad Ka war hayso ila hadal haddii kale get off my nuts.

Always dad uun bey ku mashquulaan into ay mawduuca Ka hadli lahaayeen. Maryooley ma daahiraan.

Itrah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Itrah » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:55 am

Rent for an average 4-6 bedroom house in a decent location if you are lucky = $1000

Housekeeper, cook= $500/ month minimum ($200 + $300) if you have a gardener add extra $200.

Guards = $200 per person
Relative of mine lives in the best neighborhood of Garowe near the UN compound and his 5 bedroom villa is only $400.

Security guards with AK-47 = $100

Maid = $80

You guys really exaggerate the cost of living in Somalia. It's much cheaper than you say.

TheblueNwhite
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby TheblueNwhite » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:58 am

Dude,
Mogadishu is an expensive city.

Maid earning $80 lol. Fat chance.
Last edited by TheblueNwhite on Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Itrah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Itrah » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:59 am

Dude,
Mogadishu is an expensive city.
Economics would say otherwise. Average wage in Puntland is probably double or triple that of Mogadishu.

Itrah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Itrah » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:02 am

Maid earning $80 lol. Fat chance.
You provide her with food and housing of course. The $80 is disposable income.

TheblueNwhite
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby TheblueNwhite » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:04 am

:damn: Yeah maybe in your dreams. Comparing
Mogadishu to Garowe.

No maid is going to accept $80 in XAMAR?
My cook gets $300 because that's the minimum going rate for a cook in Mogadishu.

Some ppl live in lala land wallahi. :lol:

Itrah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Itrah » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:06 am

The people you know are idiots then and are getting ripped off. :whoa:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.