Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Translator Mistakenly Denies That 'Hiiraan Refugee' Was From Hiiraan - Says She's From Somaliland...

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Translator Mistakenly Denies That 'Hiiraan Refugee' Was From Hiiraan - Says She's From Somaliland...

Postby gedo_gurl » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:32 pm

She might be from somewhere else tbh because her 'Hiiraan accent' sounds like someone who thinks all Hawiye sound like Reer Xamar. Listen to 22:00. Ilaaheey baa badbaadiye wherever she came from.

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Translator Mistakenly Denies That 'Hiiraan Refugee' Was From Hiiraan - Says She's From Somaliland...

Postby sahal80 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:18 pm

buulaay has its own accent not like the rest of hiiraan or xamar

sounds buulaay accent but she doesnt know the town

maybe she comes from qurbaha

turjuman sounds from the minorties

xaasidsanaa

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Translator Mistakenly Denies That 'Hiiraan Refugee' Was From Hiiraan - Says She's From Somaliland...

Postby gedo_gurl » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:43 pm

Xaggee baan ka maqli karaa lahjadda reer Buulaay?

Xaasid ha dhihin, waxaa dhici karto inuu been ku soo geliyey dad badan oo Somaliland iyo Puntland ka yimmi oo uu ka baqey inaa laga fahmo kadibna gabadhaan saan u galey. Waxaa dhici karto xitaa inuusan lahjadaha wax badan ka ogeyn oo uua haa iyo maya iska dhaho. Gabadhana wey da' yartahey, keligeedna wey socotey, sababtaas ayaa loo sii dhex galey oo la baarey. Who knows how many he sent back wrongfully.

Daff
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Xaga aad Ujeedaa Mala waa Xidigaheee Ninka Xoolo kaa dhacay Ka dacwee Xafiisyada

Postby Daff » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:44 pm

she kind sounds like reer buulaay. Gugundhabe, Xawadle and Gaaljecel that live in BB sound very similar. But the reer miyi have their distinct accent. The MF is xaasid though. Somalis no matter from which region are struggling. When I first came to the UK, reer waqooyi turjubaan helped me out at the airport. I was asked why i didn't claim asylum in two other eu countries that my plane was in transit. I didnt know what to say, my qowdhan brother said WAAR socotaan ahaa dheh.
:whew:
I met him again 5 years later at a restaurant, je dined like a king that day, primo sugundo teerso camal, plus quudki awliyo :blessed:

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:53 pm

I watched this on Swedish TV. Scandal.

As regards this girl, I am pretty sure that her accent is Banaadir. This is the typical banaadir accent ( Xamar- Afgooye-Marka-Shalanbood).

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:01 am

she kind sounds like reer buulaay. Gugundhabe, Xawadle and Gaaljecel that live in BB sound very similar. But the reer miyi have their distinct accent. The MF is xaasid though. Somalis no matter from which region are struggling. When I first came to the UK, reer waqooyi turjubaan helped me out at the airport. I was asked why i didn't claim asylum in two other eu countries that my plane was in transit. I didnt know what to say, my qowdhan brother said WAAR socotaan ahaa dheh.
:whew:
I met him again 5 years later at a restaurant, je dined like a king that day, primo sugundo teerso camal, plus quudki awliyo :blessed:
Nimacada aad ka heshey amarkaas, Ilaahey noloshiisana ha siiyo.

Today I saw a Somali wasteman man claim to be from the 'ends' despite his fobbish accent. I nearly spat my coffee in his face. Then he had the cheek to try and sell me drugs in front of everyone without even whispering. It made me think of all the Somalis in dadaab reading any book they can find and dreaming of going to university. People like him make me want the UK to make a law stating that if someone hasnt studied to A Level, that they should be deported unless they have mitigating circumstances like ill health.

Lamagoodle...but she sounds like she's stifling it a bit too to sound different. After AMISOM and government took control, they must have stopped admitting from that region.

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:12 am

Lamagoodle...but she sounds like she's stifling it a bit too to sound different. After AMISOM and government took control, they must have stopped admitting from that region.
Gedo, that is how people from Xamar talk. Most somalis will stifle in this kind of circumstance.

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:30 am

I meant she could be Reer Xamar trying to subdue her accent to sound like she's from Hiiraan.

AbkoowDhiblaawe
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbkoowDhiblaawe » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:03 am

she got a reer xamar accent :wtf: . Anyways the translatator called E20 is probably a Bantu or some other minority with an Agenda lol to mess up every Lamagoodles case.

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:37 am

I watched this on Swedish TV. Scandal.

As regards this girl, I am pretty sure that her accent is Banaadir. This is the typical banaadir accent ( Xamar- Afgooye-Marka-Shalanbood).
I think she's badicadde bc they love sweden and have big gugundhabe community in there but may have been to abroad bc she doesn't know the schools and she looks very young

Dialect-wise yes she has a buulaay accent, perhaps through her parents

This dialect is common in qoraxsin-buulaay and around it-

hawadle there speak it too

I have written about this many times in this site

Researchs have shown some dialects of hiiraan being closer to banadiri than the rest of the clan dialects

My understanding is that it comes from the ajuran dialect
http://www.daruur.com/modules/arabic/item.php?itemid=11

Gedo-girl

Try to watch the american cadaan doctor who worked in buluburde.

Warsheekh in buulay they speak like that

Itrah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Itrah » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:46 am

I have a cousin who does accent analysis of Somali asylum claimants in Germany. It pays well, but is morally quite dubious as he has to snitch on them all the time.

He tells me that now even Oromos who studied Somali for a couple of years are claiming to be Somali from the South so they can get asylum in the West. :dead:

BlackVelvet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BlackVelvet » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:08 am

Why would he call that a Somaliland accent? He blatantly lied

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:23 am

I had no idea Hiiraan people sounded like reer Xamar. :up:
He tells me that now even Oromos who studied Somali for a couple of years are claiming to be Somali from the South so they can get asylum in the West. :dead:

Many Sudanese, Eritreans and Ethiopians claimed asylum as Somalis. I went to school and college with many fishy 'Somali' who could not speak af Somali and had unfriendly parents who never returned salaanta or wore hijab. They looked similar to us but all were mysteriously light skinned with no foreheads. A man with a completely non Somali name, probably made up infected many ppl with HIV in the UK. Not one Somali could identify him or his name and yet that was the ethnic origins he stated. He was either Rendiile or Massaai, he looked like them.

GIJaamac
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby GIJaamac » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:31 am

I'm pretty sure the girl is either from Xamar or Sh/hoose. She's not from Buulo burte, she couldn't tell the name of the schools in the town. And no way she's 13 years old lol. But to say she's from SL, that's just pure evilness. :lol:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.