Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How do you marry your personal identity/Somali identity

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Firefly
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Underneath the apple tree, at one with nature's beauty.

Re: How do you marry your personal identity/Somali identity

Postby Firefly » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:33 am

Good alxamdulillah, it's good to see people make an appearance, feels like old times :mrgreen:

How have you been? Quite a few people left and those who haven't changed their names (you can do that now) so it's hard to know who is who
Yes, it does. I miss our banters in the Women's section, lol. Any of the other sisters around?

I've been great alhamdulillah. You can change your name? Pretty cool. I guess some people might be hiding under new aliases lol, in that respect not much has changed huh.. :lol:

BlackVelvet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BlackVelvet » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:48 am

Good alxamdulillah, it's good to see people make an appearance, feels like old times :mrgreen:

How have you been? Quite a few people left and those who haven't changed their names (you can do that now) so it's hard to know who is who
Yes, it does. I miss our banters in the Women's section, lol. Any of the other sisters around?

I've been great alhamdulillah. You can change your name? Pretty cool. I guess some people might be hiding under new aliases lol, in that respect not much has changed huh.. :lol:
No it hasn't people will always want a new dirac. Had one as well for a while :lol:

Warsan is still around, Helwaa, Foxxy came back for a little while, Zuli, Ismahan, WestLondon as you can see Basra :lol:

MSS is kinda dead but still there

You lost me at "Individualism" Somalis do not know the concept of individualism. They identify as a group, either Clan or Islam. Individualism is a western privilege concept. Someone who is westernized and is civilized is an individual! :eat:
You have a point but since a few of were born in the West and the rest spent a good portion of their lives here it may be fair to assume that some of their nuances have become our own

I think most Somalis under the age of 30 can relate to this. Those of us approaching 40 or past it are less likely to understand the conflict the dhalinyaro face

salool
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: "Live Each Day As If It Were Your Last... Tomorrow is Not Promised."

Postby salool » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:20 pm

My qabiil is written on little piece of paper my father gave me when i turned 20.I cant be bothered memorizing all those odays names.Hooyadayna keedana sheekadisaba daa.In my family home at this age cidi qabiil ma so hadal qaado.That piece paperkana qabiilkaygu ku qoran yahyna waxaan so saara uun markaan wadanki oo socda si aan oo fahamu uun afarta i shaxaadaya waxa ay yehiin.Basically i dont give a shit...whats important is SOMALI MA TAHAY? SALAADA MA TUKATA? ka bacdi tawakal cala Allah. :up:

YummyMummy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby YummyMummy » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:51 pm

My qabiil is written on little piece of paper my father gave me when i turned 20.I cant be bothered memorizing all those odays names.Hooyadayna keedana sheekadisaba daa.In my family home at this age cidi qabiil ma so hadal qaado.That piece paperkana qabiilkaygu ku qoran yahyna waxaan so saara uun markaan wadanki oo socda si aan oo fahamu uun afarta i shaxaadaya waxa ay yehiin.Basically i dont give a shit...whats important is SOMALI MA TAHAY? SALAADA MA TUKATA? ka bacdi tawakal cala Allah. :up:
:up: :up: :up:

BlackVelvet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BlackVelvet » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:44 pm

MashaAllah Salool :up:

SiennaEarth
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SiennaEarth » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:14 pm

To me being Somali is like the fact that my hair is black. It doesn't influence my life in any way at all.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.