Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Women aren't smart enough to play chess because the game requires logical thinking, says British grandmaster !!!!!

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Daanyeer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Women aren't smart enough to play chess because the game requires logical thinking, says British grandmaster !!!!!

Postby Daanyeer » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:09 am

Nigel Short said women should accept they're ‘hard-wired very differently’
Made comments when explaining why there were so few women in chess
Female chess players reacted angrily to Mr Short’s statements last night
By SARA SMYTH FOR THE DAILY MAIL
PUBLISHED: 00:10 GMT, 20 April 2015 | UPDATED: 09:24 GMT, 20 April 2015

The Queen is the most powerful piece in chess.
But one of the UK’s most well-known grandmasters has angered women by saying they aren’t smart enough to play the game.
Nigel Short, 49, said women were not suited to playing chess because it required logical thinking.
The chess commentator and writer said women should accept they were ‘hard-wired very differently’ and weren’t as adept at playing chess as men.
Mr Short, who was the first English player to play a World Chess Championship match, made the comments when explaining why there were so few women in competitive chess.

But critics immediately pointed out that he lost a high-profile game against a woman grandmaster. He told New in Chess magazine: ‘Why should [men and women] function in the same way?
‘I don’t have the slightest problem in acknowledging that my wife [Rea] possesses a much higher degree of emotional intelligence than I do.

'Likewise, she doesn’t feel embarrassed in asking me to manoeuvre the car out of our narrow garage.
‘One is not better than the other, we just have different skills. It would be wonderful to see more girls playing chess, and at a higher level, but rather than fretting about inequality, perhaps we should just gracefully accept it as a fact.’
His comments mirror those of his rival Garry Kasparov, who infamously said: ‘Women, by their nature, are not exceptional chess players: they are not great fighters.’
Female chess players reacted angrily to Mr Short’s statements last night.

Amanda Ross, the leader of the Casual Chess club in London, told The Daily Telegraph the comments were ‘incredibly damaging when someone so respected basically endorses sexism’.
She added: ‘Judit Polgar, the former women’s world champion, beat Nigel Short eight classical games to three in total, with five draws.
‘She must have brought her man brain.
‘Let’s just hope Nigel didn’t crash his car on those days, trying to park it.
'At least this resolves the age-old debate as to whether there’s a direct link between chess-playing ability and intelligence. Clearly not.’
Mr Short responded to Miss Ross’s comments on Twitter, writing: You seem to suffer from incomprehension.
‘Men and women do have different brains. This is a biological fact.
‘Furthermore, I never said women have inferior brains. That is your crude and false attempt to caricature me.’
Less than two per cent of grandmasters are female, but Hungarian Miss Polgar broke into the upper echelons of the game when she became one of the youngest grandmasters of all time at the age of 15.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3XrHA7nNC
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Women aren't smart enough to play chess because the game requires logical thinking, says British grandmaster !!!!!

Postby Basra- » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:52 pm

I agree with that. Women's brain is build differently--women will scuk in chess and driving. Chess requires sound logic, and driving requires flex reflex. But I bet Lesbian butch women can do both. Their brains is like men. :stylin:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.