Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Locking of random topics

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Buraanbur
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Locking of random topics

Postby Buraanbur » Mon May 04, 2015 6:45 pm

Well what happened?
I was reading an interesting topic by the Anti-Bantueers and then it got locked for no reason. Oh and Idman got banned. :meles:
Idman got banned? Why? Unbelievable :shock: :meles:

This is outrageous!
Yes, but I'm not sure why. It happened after Rambie and her were trading insults in the topic that I started.

CigaalSHiiDaaDCFC
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby CigaalSHiiDaaDCFC » Mon May 04, 2015 7:35 pm

idman got banned :stylin: :dj:

she needed break from here, i was surprised how she was getting away with insulting others all the time, specially yummy for no reasons, i say good riddance :clap:

Machiavelli2
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Machiavelli2 » Mon May 04, 2015 7:58 pm

This forum is the property of it's owner, we all accepted the conditions and signed it's terms of use. You don't visit your neighbour's house, insult their guests and expect from them to tolerate you for offending their guests. Unless one has mental health issues, we sane adults should expect retaliation if our behaviour offends others and breaks the norms of being a guest in someone's own house. Why do we claim to be principled Muslims and yet, always act like tribal barbarians? :twisted:

Buraanbur
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Buraanbur » Mon May 04, 2015 8:04 pm

she needed break from here, i was surprised how she was getting away with insulting others all the time, specially yummy for no reasons, i say good riddance :clap:
You act as if everyone on this forum (except for Idman) is a pacifist. :? Idman does not exist in a vacuum. She is a product of this forum and the Idman you know would cease to exist if people did not engage her by insulting her. Fact is, yes, she did insult people but she was also insulted and attacked by 4 members at the same time. I've even seen this person you want to pain as a saint (YM) insulting her so why is Idman reprimanded but no one else is?

Buraanbur
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Buraanbur » Mon May 04, 2015 8:11 pm

This forum is the property of it's owner, we all accepted the conditions and signed it's terms of use. You don't visit your neighbour's house, insult their guests and expect from them to tolerate you for offending their guests. Unless one has mental health issues, we sane adults should expect retaliation if our behaviour offends others and breaks the norms of being a guest in someone's own house. Why do we claim to be principled Muslims and yet, always act like tribal barbarians? :twisted:
Excuse me but this place is not a house, it's a boxing facility. The mods have now switched the rules up to MMA, but only for certain members. The rest of us have to stick to the original rules or face being banned. This is about fairness, transparency, and justice. Certain members of this forum are constantly given a pass when others are banned or their topics locked/deleted for the slightest offence. There is nothing just about that.

"You don't visit your neighbour's house, insult their guests and expect from them to tolerate you for offending their guests." In your scenario, I would be a guest too so if a guest insulted me and I retaliated and continued the insults, we should be treated equally. Claiming that certain members have mental health issues ( I don't know how you can diagnose someone based on their posts on this forum) will not change the fact that this forum is a dictatorship run by people who grew up in Kacaan-era Somalia. :?

GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GAMES » Mon May 04, 2015 8:26 pm

LooL wait, which poster has the mental issues?

HaHaHa.

gegiroor
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gegiroor » Mon May 04, 2015 8:28 pm

You act as if everyone on this forum (except for Idman) is a pacifist. :? Idman does not exist in a vacuum. She is a product of this forum and the Idman you know would cease to exist if people did not engage her by insulting her. Fact is, yes, she did insult people but she was also insulted and attacked by 4 members at the same time. I've even seen this person you want to pain as a saint (YM) insulting her so why is Idman reprimanded but no one else is?
:up:

Indeed very unfair rules applied on certain members in SNET.

Idman should be freed. Not sure why specific rules were only applied to her!

metamorphosis
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Cali iyo haaruun, miyaa gabal isaaq ciilay? Reer Cali miyaa wada cuskaday, curadadii reerka?

Postby metamorphosis » Mon May 04, 2015 8:30 pm

It is a certain mod that is behind all of this. He is a clannist and a hypocrite and biased. If idman is banned then the fair thing to do would be to ban all the people she engaged with but no they are still here.

CigaalSHiiDaaDCFC
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby CigaalSHiiDaaDCFC » Mon May 04, 2015 8:31 pm

Cmon i know she is ur cousin but dnt defend her blindly, you know damn well she deserves to be banned, i saw her insulting other members while they werent even talking to her, i saw her insulting YM while she wasnt even in that thread, and i never understood why being single mom is cay anyways? if its anything its blessing to have a child. i am sure idman would love to be a single mom than a barren. anyhow i still stand by what i said she needed to take a vacation :lol:

Buraanbur
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Buraanbur » Mon May 04, 2015 8:36 pm

^All of that was the result of another thread that got deleted where all parties were trading insults. Yes, my cousin is a hot-blooded Majerteen woman who doesn't take kindly to insults and likes to have the last word, but since when was that illegal? Everyone should have been banned is what I'm saying.

There's nothing wrong with being a single mom, but that YM character is a hypocrite who doesn't conduct herself like a mother should. She is constantly instigating fights between people like she's the one being raised by her kid, not the other way around. :?
LooL wait, which poster has the mental issues?

HaHaHa.
I don't know, but he must have some skills that are worth researching if he can diagnose someone based on their posts on SNET. It takes a certain type of person to even post on this forum, so we're all as equally sane or insane as each other. :stylin:

CigaalSHiiDaaDCFC
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby CigaalSHiiDaaDCFC » Mon May 04, 2015 8:45 pm

^^ anyways she can always come back with another dirac or take the must needed vacation either way lets all have shaax, refrain from insulting and accusing others specially when they arnt here to defend themselves.

Machiavelli2
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Machiavelli2 » Mon May 04, 2015 8:49 pm

Excuse me but this place is not a house, it's a boxing facility. The mods have now switched the rules up to MMA, but only for certain members. The rest of us have to stick to the original rules or face being banned. This is about fairness, transparency, and justice. Certain members of this forum are constantly given a pass when others are banned or their topics locked/deleted for the slightest offence. There is nothing just about that.

"You don't visit your neighbour's house, insult their guests and expect from them to tolerate you for offending their guests." In your scenario, I would be a guest too so if a guest insulted me and I retaliated and continued the insults, we should be treated equally. Claiming that certain members have mental health issues ( I don't know how you can diagnose someone based on their posts on this forum) will not change the fact that this forum is a dictatorship run by people who grew up in Kacaan-era Somalia. :?
Buraanbur

Ina Adeer, let us first agree that this place is a property owned by it's owner and we all applied through him or his agents to register us under his own rules and certain conditions. He created a space where we (global Somalis) can interact, exchange News, ideas and tips which could advance our causes collectively or individually. During my short stay here, I met well educated and smart people who have anger management issues when it comes to tribal rivalry. The moderators are humans and not psychologists in a clinic treating patients. How can they defuse such conflicts? Whatever decision they make will be challenged and accused them of bias and unfairness. How can we keep clean the forum, maintain self control and attempt to resolve issues amicably without the moderators banning the transgressors? Maybe, it is time we try a new formula here tailored for tribal folks because most of the fights here start over qabiil. How about if those who indulge tribal fights nominate a number of odeyaasha dhaqanka ee tolkeeda and let these odeyaal intervene and attempt sida ay labada reer ama shaqsiyood wanaag aga dhex dhallin lahaayeen, make clean and respectable this forum and if their interception is rejected by both or one of the individuals involved, hand their case to the moderator for a guillotine hanging?

GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GAMES » Mon May 04, 2015 8:58 pm

I agree with Machiavelli2 100%.

Buraanbur
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Buraanbur » Mon May 04, 2015 9:01 pm

See, this is the problem with Somalis. From Abdijohn to you, they all have the same mentality that we must not oppose or protest and should just accept things as they are. Why? This is a public forum. If Waryaa wanted to cater this forum to certain types of members and only wanted certain types of topics to be posted then he should have made it a private forum. The very people who moderate this forum constantly break the rules they are meant to uphold. For example, Itrah and co. are skating on thin ice for being Pro-Somali and anti-Bantu expansionists, while X-Playa is given a pass to insult Muslims. The only difference between the two camps is that X-Playa happens to belong to the same clan as the lead moderator and, as such, is under his protection. Idman got banned, the 5 people who were as equally, if not more so, culpable have not been banned. All 5 also happen to be from this particular clan.

We don't need a council of tribal elders, we need moderators who follow the rules that have been set. You can not expect members to follow the rules if the moderators don't.

CigaalSHiiDaaDCFC
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby CigaalSHiiDaaDCFC » Mon May 04, 2015 9:17 pm

^^ you know who els gets a pass? .... basra :MJ:
islaanta should have been banned long time ago :lol:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.