Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dear ignorant waxmagarato: Rape/Ceeb culture absolutely does exist in Somali society& culture

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Leftist
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Dear ignorant waxmagarato: Rape/Ceeb culture absolutely does exist in Somali society& culture

Postby Leftist » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:23 pm

Rape/Ceeb culture is so widespread, so ingrained in every facet of Somali society, that the only people who will deny it are the same insecure, inferiority-complex-ridden delusional shitheads who will deny that qabyaalad has destroyed Somalia. "Qabyaalad? What qabyaalad?"

The same shit-heads who would deny that rape/ceeb culture is a shameful and ugly aspect of Somali existence, experience & history, are the same shitheads who would deny our shameful & ugly history with slavery and as slave-traders and enablers, who are the same shitheads who would in the very next sentence use words like "kaas waa jareer/adoon/eelay/midgaan". But hey, we don't have a slavery problem. No. No. No. Not us 'egalitarian' Somalis.

Delusional denial. Historical hypocrisy on an epic scale. Lies followed down by even greater lies and then washed down with hubris. This is why I refer to you/them as shitheads, as ignorant waxmagarato; it is not only impossible to hold a fruitful discussion with you xoolo, but it's a waste of time. How do you 'debate' with xoolo xoolo dhalay(literally, your parents are xoolo too if they hold your views), who were raised since childhood on a steady diet of superstition, irrationality, delusional beliefs, qabyaalad, and unrepentant hypocrisy. The answer is: you don't. Madaxa aa laga tumaa, markaas waa laga sii socdaa. (humorous aside: when I was 16, a "wadaad" once told me very earnestly: "adeer, naaguhu waa dameero, waxay uu baahan'yaheen sida dameeraha in loo garaaco" and then he said there is no such thing as marital rape in Islam.... lol, that motherfaarax, an esteemed sheikh, was so steeped in misogyny that he wouldn't even understand what rape/ceep culture is. To him, rape/ceeb culture is part of everyday life. You wake up, you brush your teeth, then you go rape your wife, and if you want something exotic, you go rape your slave. All which is xalaal, according to the men-of-the-cloth. Nacam akhii.)

But you know what man, i feel like I should include some evidence with the madaxa-ka-tumid; feeling charitable today, you know? So here goes:

- Many of you reading this have grandmothers and great-grandmothers who were kidnapped and forcibly wed. The secular-liberal-atheists would call this rape and evidence of rape-culture, but you and your parents, xoolo who have suspended their Ebbe-given caqli in favor of superstition, tradition, and dogma, would romanticize it as "Maya, Aabo, aan kuu sharaxao: when a man loves a women very much and she refuses him, it is our dhaqan for the man to show his determination and worthiness by "taking" her to another city and marrying her. After the ceremony, she is his lawful wife, and it cannot be called rape even if she is scratching and clawing all the way. The marriage must be consummated. So dictates our tradition and religion." Weak-ass rationalisations la soo orda "Oh no, this was a very limited practice, don't generalize!"

- the widespread rape, both indiscriminate and targeted, of civilians that exploded both pre-civil-war(ciyaal fay cali) and post-civil war(all the qabiil-jabhad militia) is yet another example of how common rape was/is in Somali culture; and the DEAFENING SILENCE surrounding those rapes is a crystal-clear indicator of how ceeb/shaming culture permeates every aspect of Somali society. I will never forget the look of pain and sorrow on this 80something year old man, who told me how the USC hyenas knocked on " irida cid'da dariska" and then "wey taab'taab'teen oo fara-xumeeyeen". Yeah, taab'taabasho........ what a euphemism for rape. From the way he stumbled & paused, from the pain etched on his face, from the way he stared at his feet while he narrated the story, he could very well be talking about his experience, and the shame-culture, and the blame-the-victim culture, displayed here on Snet, is what prevented him from saying it was his female relatives that were raped by Somali-Muslim halyeeys in the middle of the night in 1992. But heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, ain't no such thing as rape or ceeb/shame culture in our proud Somali nomadic aristocratic culture. Plus, it's been over 20 years ago, so uh, why didn't he report the rape then, huh huh huh? Why did he wait that long? Maybe, maybe he's just a 80yearold feminist libtard and SWJ who's trying to trash our proud culture.

- But you know what, some of you xoolo won't fail to create excuses(the fog of war, walaal, things happen, you know, qadar yar oo taab'taab'asho macno weyn malahan), so I'mma go micro on you and give you examples of rape & ceeb culture in your local diyaasbuuro communities

- Let's start on cyberspace; I remember reading on both Slife and SOL, two different forumers who mentioned that they were molested as kids by relatives living with them. Shaykh Hyper, notes a number of cases that he his aware of where young Somali girls were raped/molested by their older male relatives. Another Somali girl wrote a memoir that is available on Google Books where she recounts witnessing a father french-kiss(with tongue) his daughter when they they thought they were alone. The author was 9 years old and that repugnant image is seared in her memory. But of course, as the xoolo on this forum would say, those are only "aberrations" and not evidence that we have a "rape problem" or a "ceeb/shaming culture".

- According to one social worker I talked to, the vast majority of muslim/somali girls that are out-of-control(drinking, drugs, arrests,) that she sees have one thing in common: exposure to traumatic sex(rape/molestation) at a young age. Here's one story that had me facepalming in shame(and pain). 16 year old Somali girl, studious straight A-student, goes to a party, gets raped, comes home and tells her mother who replies: "maxaa kuu geeyay? Adiga aa raadsatay". For the record, the mother in this case is both wadaad and educated(holds a professional job). But again, as the shithead waxmagarato would say " 16 year old was asking for it, looking all cute and shid in her miniskirt; if she had worn a burqa/abaaya/tent, this would not have happened. which goes to show the superiority of our dhaqan and dogma"(literally snorting in scorn as i write this qashin). "Adiga aa raad'satay" Can there even be a greater example of how f-king INGRAINED and INTEGRAL, ceeb-culture and blame-the-victim culture is in our society than to have a mother tell her raped daughter that she is a love who went seeking rape.

- Oh, oh, oh, almost forgot about the shit-ton of rapes happening RIGHT NOW, in all of the refugee camps where brave Somali men rape feminist retarded liberals. Only a million bajillion news articles have been written about it, but hey, let's dismiss it as liberal propaganda, and the absolute silence surrounding rape, specifically the silence by the kibaar-al-culuma and the religious class is TOTALLY NOT a crystal-clear example of how ceeb/shame culture is in control of our every thought and action. If we can ignore rape and not talk about......did it even happen? If you scream in space, and nobody hears you, did you even scream? Denial, the best drug if you want to suppress painful & ugly reality and disgusting & repugnant history(slavery) And We, Somalis & Muslims, are world-class experts in both denial and hypocrisy. Nobody does denial & hypocrisy better than us.

- finally, there are a number of peer-reviewed papers that show how incest and pedophilia are as prevalent in the Muslim countries as they are in the West; There were a number of case studies in both Egypt and Jordan, including rural communities. The research papers are only google-link away, but I will only post the link if you say: "Dear Leftist the Reformer, we swear by Ebbe we will place reason, logic, and fact-based evidence above jahl wal jahaalah, 'tradition', dogma, and superstition"

- There are a ton of other examples I can quote, but for those of you were raised on shitty dogma and even shittier social-constructs(naagta walaa garaacaaa), no amount of evidence will change the xaar that resides in your maskax; xaar that has rendered you into xoolo who are completely oblivious to anything but the khuraafaat and delusions you choose to believe in

Kulahaa we don't have rape/ceeb culture. Makes me wanna put these paws on'em, walee oo billee.

Leftist
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: Dear ignorant waxmagarato: Rape/Ceeb culture absolutely does exist in Somali society& culture

Postby Leftist » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:47 pm

Buraanbur,

You claim that you believe that Farxiyo got raped, but since she waited 10 years to report it, she's an attention-seeker and her family is to blame for the shame-culture . You said that the rape/shame culture is something specific to her particular household and not Somalis in general. <-- that of course is pure bullshit and you know it and I've provided a shit-ton of evidence, like, "hey, look at the sky, it's blue!", but still, you're entitled to believe in bullshit if you so choose.

Mida hore, I pray to Ebbe that you never get raped or molested. But no mater how I pray, karma has a mind and a way of it's own. Karma may choose to humble you so that you never blame a rape victim or belittle her story and experience. And if karma does humble you, with a taste of your own medicine, I wonder how you would react when waxmagarato shitheads online:

- mock you and insult your physical appearance( like her Royal Cunt'ess Idman/Julkmi did)
- blame you for the rape. "adiga aa raad'satay"
- call you crazy and on medication to discredit you and "delegitimise" your rape.

I bet you wouldn't like that at all. As a matter of fact, I'd even venture to say that your feelings would probably be hurt. So yeah, you might want to write a public letter of apology to Farxiyo, because like i said, karma does nothing so well as humble the arrogant.

Now, again, Ebbe forbid that you are ever raped, but if it does happen, how will you and your family react?

First of all, I honestly believe that you, as buraanbur, would not report your own rape to the police. Through your writings, you exhibit a very strong "pride" and place a strong premium on "saving-face" and "family-name". You're also clearly intelligent and you would think of all the pain and misery and gossiping you would put your family through if you went public to the police with your rape; ironically, it would be the blame-the-victim culture and the ceeb-ceeb culture that would keep you quiet, the very same cultures that you deny and claim it doesn't exist in Somali society.

But let's say your family sees you in pain, depressed, crying all the time and they're able to dig out what happened to you, what then?

Well, I hope they would shower you with support, and love, and healing and caring, but after they sit down and figure out what to do, they would rule out going to the police and reporting the rape for the very same reason you didn't want to tell them yourself: a public trial ---> gossiping ----slut-shaming (which, of course, doesn't exist /s) -----damaged goods(heblaayo, inantii buraabnur waa dh**o) -------> collateral damage ------> all of your other sisters get tarred, guilt by "family rep" .

And so your family would make the painful decision to keep the "incident" a secret. And the culture of rape, rape-silence, and slut-shaming stays winning; winning more converts, winning more victims, and winning more staying power and durability.

So, if you cannot see how rape-culture and shame-culture has and is destroying Somalis, both individuals and families,, then sorry, but your delusions and prejudices are too far gone for any rational and fact-based intervention. Please understand that there is no shame in admitting the heinous, disgusting, and ugly parts of our history and the way we practiced our religion for centuries. There is no shame in reforming and evolving and progressing and innovating both our culture and the way we understand and implement our religion.

Because if we don't, if we don't change and uproot our wretched beliefs & practices, if we don't evolve(evolution is haramz, kthxbye) and innovate(bidah! bidah!) then we are stuck where we are, which is rock-bottom, which is the anus of the Planet Earth, and the shithole of the world. <-------- And something tells me that you are perfectly fine with that scenario. Correction: you would rather be the shithole of the world than change your beliefs & culture, such is the deranged irrationality of pride & arrogance!

DANGIRL
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Dear ignorant waxmagarato: Rape/Ceeb culture absolutely does exist in Somali society& culture

Postby DANGIRL » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:57 pm

Alpharabius
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Alpharabius » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:02 pm

she recounts witnessing a father french-kiss(with tongue) his daughter when they they thought they were alone. The author was 9 years old and that repugnant image is seared in her memory.

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

AgentOfChaos
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AgentOfChaos » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:10 pm

Never go full retard.

AGENT447
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby AGENT447 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:12 pm

Lol didn't read much of that but boy is that an angry tirade at its finest. And anyone who thinks that rape is an epidemic problem in the Horn is a first class twit and can suck on BIRTA CALANKA . Try committing a rape in the aristocratic cities of Somalis and u will literally be put to death. So no we don't have a ceeb culture what ever the fuk that means. :-@ :-@

Bandit
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Bandit » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:26 pm

Rape/Ceeb culture is so widespread, so ingrained in every facet of Somali society, that the only people who will deny it are the same insecure, inferiority-complex-ridden delusional shitheads who will deny that qabyaalad has destroyed Somalia. "Qabyaalad? What qabyaalad?"

The same shit-heads who would deny that rape/ceeb culture is a shameful and ugly aspect of Somali existence, experience & history, are the same shitheads who would deny our shameful & ugly history with slavery and as slave-traders and enablers, who are the same shitheads who would in the very next sentence use words like "kaas waa jareer/adoon/eelay/midgaan". But hey, we don't have a slavery problem. No. No. No. Not us 'egalitarian' Somalis. do you have numbers to back your retarded argument as far as we know it's not common we're not like the arabs you handicap bitch if a somali girl gets raped before the civil war the family of the girl would go to the guy house and kill him. Who the fuck takes eelay as an insult is there clane name you dumb bitch as for being in the slave business somalis were no different than other africans who sold their own people the only difference is we didn't sell and enslave somalis and ethiopians and sell them to white man :geek: their is nothing racist about the name jareer you handicap jareer means nappy hair the only thing you got right in the trash you wrote is we should stop using names like midgaan and adoon.
How you equate calling people what you classify as racist terms to having slavery problem? :snoop:

Delusional denial. Historical hypocrisy on an epic scale. Lies followed down by even greater lies and then washed down with hubris. This is why I refer to you/them as shitheads, as ignorant waxmagarato; it is not only impossible to hold a fruitful discussion with you xoolo, but it's a waste of time. How do you 'debate' with xoolo xoolo dhalay(literally, your parents are xoolo too if they hold your views), who were raised since childhood on a steady diet of superstition, irrationality, delusional beliefs, qabyaalad, and unrepentant hypocrisy. The answer is: you don't. Madaxa aa laga tumaa, markaas waa laga sii socdaa. (humorous aside: when I was 16, a "wadaad" once told me very earnestly: "adeer, naaguhu waa dameero, waxay uu baahan'yaheen sida dameeraha in loo garaaco" and then he said there is no such thing as marital rape in Islam.... lol, that motherfaarax, an esteemed sheikh, was so steeped in misogyny that he wouldn't even understand what rape/ceep culture is. To him, rape/ceeb culture is part of everyday life. You wake up, you brush your teeth, then you go rape your wife, and if you want something exotic, you go rape your slave. All which is xalaal, according to the men-of-the-cloth. Nacam akhii.) am arguing with a retard :snoop:

But you know what man, i feel like I should include some evidence with the madaxa-ka-tumid; feeling charitable today, you know? So here goes:

- Many of you reading this have grandmothers and great-grandmothers who were kidnapped and forcibly wed. The secular-liberal-atheists would call this rape and evidence of rape-culture, but you and your parents, xoolo who have suspended their Ebbe-given caqli in favor of superstition, tradition, and dogma, would romanticize it as "Maya, Aabo, aan kuu sharaxao: when a man loves a women very much and she refuses him, it is our dhaqan for the man to show his determination and worthiness by "taking" her to another city and marrying her. After the ceremony, she is his lawful wife, and it cannot be called rape even if she is scratching and clawing all the way. The marriage must be consummated. So dictates our tradition and religion." Weak-ass rationalisations la soo orda "Oh no, this was a very limited practice, don't generalize!"
another lie try again
- the widespread rape, both indiscriminate and targeted, of civilians that exploded both pre-civil-war(ciyaal fay cali) and post-civil war(all the qabiil-jabhad militia) is yet another example of how common rape was/is in Somali culture; and the DEAFENING SILENCE surrounding those rapes is a crystal-clear indicator of how ceeb/shaming culture permeates every aspect of Somali society. I will never forget the look of pain and sorrow on this 80something year old man, who told me how the USC hyenas knocked on " irida cid'da dariska" and then "wey taab'taab'teen oo fara-xumeeyeen". Yeah, taab'taabasho........ what a euphemism for rape. From the way he stumbled & paused, from the pain etched on his face, from the way he stared at his feet while he narrated the story, he could very well be talking about his experience, and the shame-culture, and the blame-the-victim culture, displayed here on Snet, is what prevented him from saying it was his female relatives that were raped by Somali-Muslim halyeeys in the middle of the night in 1992. But heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, ain't no such thing as rape or ceeb/shame culture in our proud Somali nomadic aristocratic culture. Plus, it's been over 20 years ago, so uh, why didn't he report the rape then, huh huh huh? Why did he wait that long? Maybe, maybe he's just a 80yearold feminist libtard and SWJ who's trying to trash our proud culture. when and order breaks down these things are common it happens in any country that has civil war

- But you know what, some of you xoolo won't fail to create excuses(the fog of war, walaal, things happen, you know, qadar yar oo taab'taab'asho macno weyn malahan), so I'mma go micro on you and give you examples of rape & ceeb culture in your local diyaasbuuro communities

- Let's start on cyberspace; I remember reading on both Slife and SOL, two different forumers who mentioned that they were molested as kids by relatives living with them. Shaykh Hyper, notes a number of cases that he his aware of where young Somali girls were raped/molested by their older male relatives. Another Somali girl wrote a memoir that is available on Google Books where she recounts witnessing a father french-kiss(with tongue) his daughter when they they thought they were alone. The author was 9 years old and that repugnant image is seared in her memory. But of course, as the xoolo on this forum would say, those are only "aberrations" and not evidence that we have a "rape problem" or a "ceeb/shaming culture".
so their is 25+ million somalis but you base your whole argument on 3 people keep trying bitch

- According to one social worker I talked to, the vast majority of muslim/somali girls that are out-of-control(drinking, drugs, arrests,) that she sees have one thing in common: exposure to traumatic sex(rape/molestation) at a young age. Here's one story that had me facepalming in shame(and pain). 16 year old Somali girl, studious straight A-student, goes to a party, gets raped, comes home and tells her mother who replies: "maxaa kuu geeyay? Adiga aa raadsatay". For the record, the mother in this case is both wadaad and educated(holds a professional job). But again, as the shithead waxmagarato would say " 16 year old was asking for it, looking all cute and shid in her miniskirt; if she had worn a burqa/abaaya/tent, this would not have happened. which goes to show the superiority of our dhaqan and dogma"(literally snorting in scorn as i write this qashin). "Adiga aa raad'satay" Can there even be a greater example of how f-king INGRAINED and INTEGRAL, ceeb-culture and blame-the-victim culture is in our society than to have a mother tell her raped daughter that she is a love who went seeking rape.
no they suffer from the samething you suffer from sucking on black ceeb

- Oh, oh, oh, almost forgot about the shit-ton of rapes happening RIGHT NOW, in all of the refugee camps where brave Somali men rape feminist retarded liberals. Only a million bajillion news articles have been written about it, but hey, let's dismiss it as liberal propaganda, and the absolute silence surrounding rape, specifically the silence by the kibaar-al-culuma and the religious class is TOTALLY NOT a crystal-clear example of how ceeb/shame culture is in control of our every thought and action. If we can ignore rape and not talk about......did it even happen? If you scream in space, and nobody hears you, did you even scream? Denial, the best drug if you want to suppress painful & ugly reality and disgusting & repugnant history(slavery) And We, Somalis & Muslims, are world-class experts in both denial and hypocrisy. Nobody does denial & hypocrisy better than us.
no your just annoying bitch who lies alot
- finally, there are a number of peer-reviewed papers that show how incest and pedophilia are as prevalent in the Muslim countries as they are in the West; There were a number of case studies in both Egypt and Jordan, including rural communities. The research papers are only google-link away, but I will only post the link if you say: "Dear Leftist the Reformer, we swear by Ebbe we will place reason, logic, and fact-based evidence above jahl wal jahaalah, 'tradition', dogma, and superstition"
keyword is muslim try again bitch somalis don't have the same culture as most muslim
- There are a ton of other examples I can quote, but for those of you were raised on shitty dogma and even shittier social-constructs(naagta walaa garaacaaa), no amount of evidence will change the xaar that resides in your maskax; xaar that has rendered you into xoolo who are completely oblivious to anything but the khuraafaat and delusions you choose to believe in
the only person talking xaar here is you

Kulahaa we don't have rape/ceeb culture. Makes me wanna put these paws on'em, walee oo billee.
we don't have rape culture we have sluts like you who get fucked by tyrones daily telling lies

Buraanbur
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Buraanbur » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:28 pm

By 'ceeb culture' they don't mean rape culture, they mean a culture of shaming. I never said Farhiya was attention-seeking by telling her story. I never blamed her nor did I belittle her experience. I said I felt bad for her and I believed her, but that her suffocating Salafi parents and her immediate family were the core of her problem ( ceeb culture = environment). It took her all that time to JUST tell them and when she finally decides to share her story with the world, despite all the random insults she got, she only took the video down after her own family pressured her to do so. Farhiya doesn't live in Somalia, she lives in Canada. It doesn't take a village to raise a child out here and she is not an active member of the Somali community. My question is, how is the Somali community responsible for this? And why should they take the blame but Farhiya's parents and family are absolved of all fault? It's ridiculous and you know it. Even now Farhiya isn't truly liberated of the ceeb culture she was raised in because she chooses to scapegoat the Somali community instead of laying the blame at the feet of her parents.

I would be offended that you want karma to 'humble' me through rape/molestation if karma were something I believed in, but Hinduism isn't my thing. God forbid if such a thing were to happen to me, I would tell my parents right away and, yes, I would report it. I have a very supportive family and they taught me better than to blame myself for such a thing. I do have a lot of pride in my family but I would not have any pride if my own parents shamed me into silence. If I were in Farhiya's shoes, I would have been on meds too.

My point wasn't that ceeb culture does not exist, but that ceeb culture is the product of our immediate environment. Before we go on a witch-hunt against the Somali community, it would do us some good to look at our immediate surroundings. In Farhiya's case, it took her forever to tell her own parents and more than 10 years to go to the police ( it was too late to get justice at that point). Does an ceeb culture not exist within her own household? :? If she had supporting, loving and caring parents who cared more about seeking justice for their daughter than what Abu XYZ and UMM YYZ thought, would that not have done Farhiya some good? All the things you assume my family would have said and done are exactly the things Farhiya's family have actually done. In the other topic Saciid said that the twitter crowd were not interested in real issues, but wanted controversy so with that in mind I now have a better understanding of why Farhiya and others are blaming the Somali community for the familial issues they have.

eliteSomali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby eliteSomali » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:31 pm

What do you propose as a solution? Somalis are pretty good at identifying problems but they suck at problem solving. It looks like you are bothered more by the fact that somalis "deny" the "widespread" of rape in our community and suppress rape victims than the fact that the problem needs to go away. In other words, you want to make a point that rape is swept under the carpet in our community and just that.

SaciidAyanleh
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby SaciidAyanleh » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:19 pm

In the other topic Saciid said that the twitter crowd were not interested in real issues, but wanted controversy so with that in mind I now have a better understanding of why Farhiya and others are blaming the Somali community for the familial issues they have.
LMAO, quote where I said that. :-@

jalaaludin5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: “Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”

Postby jalaaludin5 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:51 pm

You been standing too long next to your own speakers.

jalaaludin5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: “Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”

Postby jalaaludin5 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:54 pm

:lol: :lol:

Buraanbur
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Buraanbur » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:22 pm

In the other topic Saciid said that the twitter crowd were not interested in real issues, but wanted controversy so with that in mind I now have a better understanding of why Farhiya and others are blaming the Somali community for the familial issues they have.
I support the rights of individuals to express themselves. In regards to this girl's tweets, it is clearly hyperbole. Maybe she does suck ceeb in a hijab, maybe she doesn't. The point is to be controversial.
I never once said "twitter 'activists' are working towards ending these serious issues," I find all of social media to be vapid and self-serving
:?
Last edited by Buraanbur on Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SomaliWarSavage

Postby SomaliWarSavage » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:23 pm

i find it VERY hard to believe a somali female gets raped, and their parents reply with "isku xishow", it might happen in isolated situations but its not somali culture. and you people over blow it.

SaciidAyanleh
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby SaciidAyanleh » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:39 pm

I support the rights of individuals to express themselves. In regards to this girl's tweets, it is clearly hyperbole. Maybe she does suck ceeb in a hijab, maybe she doesn't. The point is to be controversial.
I never once said "twitter 'activists' are working towards ending these serious issues," I find all of social media to be vapid and self-serving
:?
me discussing a handful of tweets made by one girl = "twitter crowd"

"I never once said "twitter 'activists' are working towards ending these serious issues"" = "twitter crowd...NOT INTERESTED in real issues"

:idea:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.