Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you had to live in a Somali city (that your tribe doesn't live in) which would you pick?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
jalaaludin5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: “Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”

Re: If you had to live in a Somali city (that your tribe doesn't live in) which would you pick?

Postby jalaaludin5 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:05 pm

Gegiroor

adiguuna haricotgi ma baratay. Niyow hadu alaha ale yahay staple raashiinkayaga noo aman gali.

Anyway, didn't you know that Sacad Muse (especially Gabrielle Abokor) live all the way to jigjiga? So how can you claim there are no other Somali clans presence on the outskirts of Jigjiga?

Otherbrother
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: If you had to live in a Somali city (that your tribe doesn't live in) which would you pick?

Postby Otherbrother » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:11 pm

^ Darood AKA Claim everyland and all the population but really have barren land and little populations.

Isaaq, Ciise, Gadabuursi and Jidwaq are all around Jigjigaa. Ogaden are not much, mainly Jidwaaq.

thegoodshepherd
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby thegoodshepherd » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:28 pm

Jigjiga is majority Jidwaq (Bartire & Abasgul), followed by Geri, Yabarre and Ogaden.

Isaaq lives there along with oromo but have no claim to the city at all. They can live there but have no claim to the land.

Methylamine
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Methylamine » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:34 pm

Beautiful land. Nogob :up:

I would have lived Jigjiga, towns in Nogob, Kismayu, Garisa, Bu'ale, Saakow, Gedo, Garowe, Qardho, Gaalkacayo, and Mogadishu.
:ufdup:
Methylamine,
I think you will need to upgrade your knowledge on these towns. Mogadishu includes in my list. 8-)
:childplease:

I would have let it slide if you listed a collection of cities and towns and one of them just so happened to be a place your tribe lives, but out of the 11 places you mentioned, 9 are cities/towns/villages your tribe natively inhabits and 1 is an entire province your tribe inhabits.

Yeah you ain't foolin anybody Image

jalaaludin5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: “Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”

Postby jalaaludin5 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:47 pm

^ Darood AKA Claim everyland and all the population but really have barren land and little populations.

Isaaq, Ciise, Gadabuursi and Jidwaq are all around Jigjigaa. Ogaden are not much, mainly Jidwaaq.
I think I know what you mean about Beesha Habar-Claim :lol:

gegiroor
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gegiroor » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:52 pm

Methylamine,
I think you will need to upgrade your knowledge on these towns. Mogadishu includes in my list. 8-)

I would have let it slide if you listed a collection of cities and towns and one of them just so happened to be a place your tribe lives, but out of the 11 places you mentioned, 9 are cities/towns/villages your tribe natively inhabits and 1 is an entire province your tribe inhabits.

Fooling what? I am just choosing the places that I would like to live, and if those towns are overwhelmingly where clan families live, so be it 8-) I could careless what you think!

Fyi, Once again I included Mogadishu, the Somali capital!

Otherbrother
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Otherbrother » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:01 pm

:lol:
That's Darood in a nut shell.

Methylamine
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Methylamine » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:12 pm

Methylamine,

Fooling what? I am just choosing the places that I would like to live, and if those towns are overwhelmingly where clan families live, so be it 8-) I could careless what you think!

Fyi, Once again I included Mogadishu, the Somali capital!
So stubborn :lol:

No one's denying you the right to choose to live where your kinfolk are at, but the point of this thread was to pick a place your ppl don't live in. Now if you can't do that without listing literally 10 other places that your tribe settles, then maybe you shouldn't have posted in this thread :?

gegiroor
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gegiroor » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:13 pm

The closest Isaaq settlement is Harshin :lol:

Ogaden no much in Jigjiga? This town is an Absame town!

Laughable joke is Ogaden is not much in Jigjiga but Isaaq is around it :Puhlease:

It can't get weirder than that!

Of course, in the Internet, people can invent and claim any thing :lol:

gegiroor
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gegiroor » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:20 pm

What is the obsession with King Burhaan? :x

Again, the joke of the year is Jigjiga is an Isaaq town :Puhlease:

Kids for your own sanity, get real and quit claiming the unthinkable. I can't believe what I am reading!

:deadrose:

I thought people would refrain from lying in the month of Ramadan!

Ramadan Kareem to you kids!

Bandit
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Bandit » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:35 pm

Leave it to isaaq folks to ceeb ride the Darood name in to every thread :russ:

TheGrumpyGeeljire
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheGrumpyGeeljire » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:36 pm

Geigroor your indho-adeeg amazes me. Sometimes a man has to swallow his pride and admit the truth instead of insisting on something that is clearly a work of fiction with only stories from your local Fadhikudirir to substantiate it.

Adeer, you are borderline delusional.

Jigjiga has a sizeable Isaaq population that have lived there for centuries unlike the Ogadens who are recent arrivals from the eastern hinterlands.
Last edited by TheGrumpyGeeljire on Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WaaliCas
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby WaaliCas » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:37 pm

Bahir Dar - my favorite city.

:dj:

My other choices are Addis, Hargeisa and Dire.

The other places are not for me.

Otherbrother
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Otherbrother » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:39 pm

lool The Sacad muuse used to run jigjiga before. And the Gadabuursi at one time. Its a shared city, from the Isaaq, it had HA and some Arap. I have family and spent a few months living in Jigjigga. We beyond calm. Jigjigga is not an issue for anyone. Gadabuursi and Ciise are also around it and in the city.

You think its not shared...lmao fudge outta here boy. I never claimed its Isaaq, its shared. Its just a somali city.

Your from Beesha reer Claim. :lost:

Otherbrother
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Otherbrother » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:40 pm

Bahir Dar - my favorite city.

:dj:

My other choices are Addis, Hargeisa and Dire.

The other places are not for me.
Title says Somali city.

Wallahi Somali's cannot read nowwer days. Meth your Topics DOA. :deadrose:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.