Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you had to live in a Somali city (that your tribe doesn't live in) which would you pick?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
2ndtoNone
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: If you had to live in a Somali city (that your tribe doesn't live in) which would you pick?

Postby 2ndtoNone » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:30 am

dire dawa is majority daarood city, jigjiga is majority dir city,
Getta outta e'er! Diridhaba is an Elaay City just see how the name is so similar to Baydhaba. Wallahi I know this city well I was born there and I am not Elaay.

Rambie
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: If you had to live in a Somali city (that your tribe doesn't live in) which would you pick?

Postby Rambie » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:38 am

Dire is an Ethiopian city. In terms of ethnic its Gurgura majority and Issa is second largest.

Jigjiga is majority Jidwaaq and Dir.

The Gurgura half identify with Oromo and the other half with Dir.

Both towns were founded by Amhara leaders. Jigjiga was small army garrison for Ras Makonnen while Dire was established by Ras Mersha Nahusenay.

Another free esucation for the fadhi warrior kids.

The Ras
Just a messenger.

:Shrug:

SolidCamel
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SolidCamel » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:44 am

Boorame seems really nice. I wouldn't mind living there. No buuq, boodh and qaylo. Wonderful. The people there are calm unlike my gun-slinging, qat gobbling, loud-mouthed relatives in the east.
Boorama is :blessed:

EvolSyawla
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: A woman proud of who she is cannot be made to feel otherwise of who she is not.

Postby EvolSyawla » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:01 am

I would like to live in Xamar, preferably 50 years ago. :D

djibsomali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby djibsomali » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:01 am

Waalicas it show you have little knowledge about Ethiopia.
The few you know is you pick up from Xabashi/ tigree forums you spend a lot of time.
let me teach you so you can use it in your next round of fadhi ku dirir
i am from Ethiopia and have been several time to jigjiga and dire dawa and the last time was this year 2015.

Dire dawa is majority oromo city and second largest community are axmara (can you believe it ?)
Somali have a historical claim as issa geel use to graze and shinile town which is just 7 miles east of dire dawa is issa and has always been issa. never the less the somali which form less than 40% of the unhabitant are majority of issa and gurgure with a sizeable gadabursi, jarso, issaq.

Jigjiga (i believe some of somalineter visited) is now a majority Ethiopia mix city( oromo, axmara, adari,) and the first language is axmara . and wallahi i am not joking the street talk in amxara while the official office language is somalis.
Jigjiga unlike what you said was a british garison before makonen took it over.
Originally the city was a mix of bartire,gadabursi,jarso, oromo and a little giri and reer babile. now it is full of Ogaden and other somalis.

all in all both cities are majority Ethiopian . dire dawa they have the rigth stand in election hence why they have won 65% of dire dawa local seats.
Jigjiga is the capital of somali degaan and Ethiopian do not have the rigth to stand in local election hence why 100% of the local seats is occupied by somalis.

Somali are a langaab and Ethiopia are landheer.
Even wallahi if they had the rigth to stand in election in hargeisa 20% of the seats would be Ethiopian.

WaaliCas
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby WaaliCas » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:54 am

^^ADD patient,

The British never used Jigjiga as a garrison even though it claimed the "Ogaden" was a "protectorate". That however did not stop Ras Makonnen raiding all the livestocks (200,000 camels and about 600,000 sheep and goats) from the region and turning Jigjiga into a garrison. He was the one that changed it for good. The British only sent few expeditionist and did not build a single thing but the Highlanders did and continue to this day including funding the dhaanto and that Sayid statue.

Of course there are large Amhara in both cities and didn't want to get into that since its unnecessary and the nomads are feuding amongst themselves (tribes).

The Oromo become majority in Dire because half of the Gurgura reject Dir ancestry.

Jigjiga - Ras Makonnen city funded and built by Ethiopians
Dire Dawa - Ras Mersha Nahusenay city.

In both towns the change came with the railway and for that we credit Atse Menelik II.

The nomads can feud all they want but in the end the Generals in Harar will decide whose dhaanto makes to the hall. The Jarso and the Gurgura are returning and Dire will recover soon as the railway is restored.

TheGrumpyGeeljire
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheGrumpyGeeljire » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:51 am

^^ADD patient,

The British never used Jigjiga as a garrison even though it claimed the "Ogaden" was a "protectorate". That however did not stop Ras Makonnen raiding all the livestocks (200,000 camels and about 600,000 sheep and goats) from the region and turning Jigjiga into a garrison. He was the one that changed it for good. The British only sent few expeditionist and did not build a single thing but the Highlanders did and continue to this day including funding the dhaanto and that Sayid statue.

Of course there are large Amhara in both cities and didn't want to get into that since its unnecessary and the nomads are feuding amongst themselves (tribes).

The Oromo become majority in Dire because half of the Gurgura reject Dir ancestry.

In both towns the change came with the railway and for that we credit Atse Menelik II.

The nomads can feud all they want but in the end the Generals in Harar will decide whose dhaanto makes to the hall. The Jarso and the Gurgura are returning and Dire will recover soon as the railway is restored.
Something that I find hard to accept is your pro-xabashi stance. Why do you always have to venerate, praise and write about Xabashis in every post you make?

In my humble view as a Habar Jeclo man I consider you as a disgraceful dabaqoodhi. You, my friend, have no place on this forum and I sincerely hope you get banned. Many have tried to corrupt this website; AbdiJohnson, Menace, MaliPrince...etc. And guess what happened to them. They were all banned.

You are no different.
:down: :)

Rabshoole
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Rabshoole » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:59 am

zidane88
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby zidane88 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:07 am

I would love to pick a city owned by Ogadens and observe this strange specie. But since Ogadens don't have a city of their own, I guess I will go to a second dumb qabil--the Dhulbahantes. I will go Laasanood! :eat:
Qabri-dahare is OG owned city Lady Basra where you can observe OG species that is blessed with big ... :lol: and you won't be disappointed.

Samatr
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Samatr » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:11 pm

sheekh or buuhoodle.

Ismail87
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Ismail87 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:48 pm

sheekh or buuhoodle.
Buuhoodle? :leon:

theyuusuf143
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: "Dareen naxli reeba iyo nolosha aan loo sinayn naftaaday dhaawacaan" by dhaglas

Postby theyuusuf143 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:20 pm

^^ADD patient,

Isaaqii baa dir ka bixi kariwaayey Makulatahay afar xaboo gurgure ahbaa qawmiyada direed ee geeska afrika diidi kara. Kuffurtu billahi inay dirnimada ku faanaan mooyee inaysan diidi karin. Dir ka bood oo oromo u bood waa dullinimo doon.

KingWaslawi
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Kayd-kii jacaylkaa riyo laygu keenaa, kabbo baan idhaahdaa, mise waaba koob madhan :(

Postby KingWaslawi » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:02 pm

Burcaawi will never leave his roots, The more I know it, The more I love it.

WaaliCas
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby WaaliCas » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:47 am

Something that I find hard to accept is your pro-xabashi stance. Why do you always have to venerate, praise and write about Xabashis in every post you make?

In my humble view as a Habar Jeclo man I consider you as a disgraceful dabaqoodhi. You, my friend, have no place on this forum and I sincerely hope you get banned. Many have tried to corrupt this website; AbdiJohnson, Menace, MaliPrince...etc. And guess what happened to them. They were all banned.

You are no different.
:down: :)
I'm only esucating you angry kids. I don't really care about your views or where you stand with issues.

This forum is not heaven and I'm not corrupting anyone but rather educating.

I will unveil a modern forum for all Africans within the next two or three months. Instead of discussing HJ, HY and Habar Gidir, my forum will pool together African heads and discuss bigger things.

Stay tuned ninyo as I show you nomads how to set things up. Even my most critics will want to be part of it but I will only make SL and Somalia categories none of the regional tribal states.

Ethiopia, Eritrea, Kenya, Djibouti, Somaliland and Djibouti...General, Technology,

LJ, Khalid Ali, Xiis, HooBariiska, BeyondQabil (Kenya mod), nobleMJ, theYuusuf, Rambie, Ramzey, Waraabe, Hodan, and others all have my advance invitation.

I promise you I will deliver. I'm 1/3 done.

I don't care about Somali villages and what ya'll feuding about. I have a principle; one leg in Berbera and the other in Lake Tana. I am inspired by Cecil John Rhodes.

Ras

TheGrumpyGeeljire
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheGrumpyGeeljire » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:19 am

:snoop: What on earth are you on about?!

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.