Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Its getting real, Marriage is expensive

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Inaayah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Its getting real, Marriage is expensive

Postby Inaayah » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:20 am

My boy Sumu dosen't need any handouts, he's got this. 8-)

Inaayah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Inaayah » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:22 am

Sumu- Dadkan joke bay ka dhigteen, way ka ruwaayadsanayaan.

U sheeg, charity case ma tihiid.

MissFiora
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MissFiora » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:30 am

Such a Jobsworth.

Susu000
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Susu000 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:52 am

I for one can't tell the difference between Sumu's kaftan and when he's being serious marka waan ka daalay tryna work it out.
I really enjoy his threads, although just like you I can't tell if the guy is serious or not.. Sometimes I think he's naive and innocent and sometimes I think he's being sarcastic .. Either way the guy makes me laugh
What did I say that is naive and Innocent. I am just telling the truth and being realistic. So not having thousands of dollars is being naitive and innocent? and what is being bold and smart?
I never said you where naive because you don't have thousands in the bank. I just think you're naive because your acting surprised that your future spouse family demands 5000$/£.. As an adult somali man this should not come as a surprise to you.. As a matter of fact its not even worth mentioning.. If you ask me, 5000 is nothing really...

Itrah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Itrah » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:55 am

Sumubaridi,

Get a local non-Somali chick:

- She can find jobs easily and make more money than some FOB Somali woman.
- No, exorbitant dowries.
- You are a guy anyway, your kids will have your qabiil no matter what.

:lol:

Sumubaridi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sumubaridi » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:01 am

Sumubaridi,

Get a local non-Somali chick:

- She can find jobs easily and make more money than some FOB Somali woman.
- No, exorbitant dowries.
- You are a guy anyway, your kids will have your qabiil no matter what.

:lol:
Someone told me Naagaha cadaanka ah way soo uraan after Musaaracada. Xitaa ma ogola in sunnada loogudo soo they have alot of Baaro in their Candho. Waan wiswis badanahay. that does not work for me.

Libix
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Libix » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:04 am

Woow,

The girl wants $5000 for her family and also new furnitures, beds etc.

We are talking over $10,000.

I will have to save $500 for 20 Months to make her demands. Another 20 months for being single?

I now understand why some people resort to Qudbo Siro and Masaafo.

:russ: sumu gacanaa kuu taagay walaahi.

Itrah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Itrah » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:04 am

Someone told me Naagaha cadaanka ah way soo uraan after Musaaracada. Xitaa ma ogola in sunnada loogudo soo they have alot of Baaro in their Candho. Waan wiswis badanahay. that does not work for me.
Don't go for lower class crazy ones, but the decent middle class ones. Also, you can try the second generation Muslim women of your area.

Sumubaridi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sumubaridi » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:08 am

I never said you where naive because you don't have thousands in the bank. I just think you're naive because your acting surprised that your future spouse family demands 5000$/£.. As an adult somali man this should not come as a surprise to you.. As a matter of fact its not even worth mentioning.. If you ask me, 5000 is nothing really...[/quote]

Is nothing to you because you have never worked hard to earn a dime in your life.Hooyo was talking care of you before she handed you over to that sacad husband to keep taking care of you. Everyone do not qualify for a bagaf loan. see this $5000/12= $416 per month for a whole year. So you have to save that much for a whole year to make that much money. Its so easy for you to say, Its nothing really. Habar fadhisa lagdan lafududaa.

Inaayah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Inaayah » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:13 am

^Sumu aboowe as much as I like your posts, sometimes you assume everyone is a lazy bum who hasn't worked a day in their lives.

How do you know what kind of life Susu has lived?

Susu000
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Susu000 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:33 am

I never said you where naive because you don't have thousands in the bank. I just think you're naive because your acting surprised that your future spouse family demands 5000$/£.. As an adult somali man this should not come as a surprise to you.. As a matter of fact its not even worth mentioning.. If you ask me, 5000 is nothing really...
Is nothing to you because you have never worked hard to earn a dime in your life.Hooyo was talking care of you before she handed you over to that sacad husband to keep taking care of you. Everyone do not qualify for a bagaf loan. see this $5000/12= $416 per month for a whole year. So you have to save that much for a whole year to make that much money. Its so easy for you to say, Its nothing really. Habar fadhisa lagdan lafududaa.[/quote]

I must say I feel rather offended by your reply Sumu.
My mother was not showering me with money. In fact I had my first Job at the age of 16 working all the way through university in order not too trouble my mother financially.
Secondly, I have worked my whole adult life and have only been out of work during pregnancy and maternity leave.

I respect that 5000 is a lot of money, I never meant that 5000$/£ is nothing to YOU Specifically. I just meant that may you be rich or poor but 5000 for marriage is standard rate and quite a low one to be honest. Most guys have to pay for the wedding, give money to the parents, buy the girl gold, furnish an entire home and all other necessities.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that you should be happy your getting away with 5000 even though I understand it must be a lot to you. It could have been a lot worse..

Sumubaridi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sumubaridi » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:14 am

Is nothing to you because you have never worked hard to earn a dime in your life.Hooyo was talking care of you before she handed you over to that sacad husband to keep taking care of you. Everyone do not qualify for a bagaf loan. see this $5000/12= $416 per month for a whole year. So you have to save that much for a whole year to make that much money. Its so easy for you to say, Its nothing really. Habar fadhisa lagdan lafududaa.
My mother was not showering me with money. In fact I had my first Job at the age of 16 working all the way through university in order not too trouble my mother financially.
Secondly, I have worked my whole adult life and have only been out of work during pregnancy and maternity leave.

I respect that 5000 is a lot of money, I never meant that 5000$/£ is nothing to YOU Specifically. I just meant that may you be rich or poor but 5000 for marriage is standard rate and quite a low one to be honest. Most guys have to pay for the wedding, give money to the parents, buy the girl gold, furnish an entire home and all other necessities.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that you should be happy your getting away with 5000 even though I understand it must be a lot to you. It could have been a lot worse..
[/quote]

Your right guys pay more money but they have no expense. They live with mom in a welfare house or with 5 guys in a public housing appartment. They only pay for their phone bill $60. They can save upto $2000 a month. That is $24000 a year of saving. I pay for electricity, car insurance, house rent, utility bills, food and feed my family back home. You are not comparing apple to apple here. You are comparing to a man who has lived in real life to a man who has always been avoiding responsibility and has been sucking on other people's blood. You are comparing a dignified man with honor and self respect to a man that has been a burden to society and his mom.

If you worked when you were 16 and earned $7, then you should never have said $5000 is a small money because you would know what it takes to save $5000. Oh I forgot, you lived with your mom and she paid the bills when you were working. So all you know is making money and putting in the bank. Have you ever paid $975 for a house rent? plus 40 for gas plus $50 for under ground parking? ahahahahahah

By the way, You are my dumaashi. Don't want to put you in an argument. Plus sacad are my abtis so you could be my abti's wife too. iigooy marka.

Susu000
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Susu000 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:26 am

Your right guys pay more money but they have no expense. They live with mom in a welfare house or with 5 guys in a public housing appartment. They only pay for their phone bill $60. They can save upto $2000 a month. That is $24000 a year of saving. I pay for electricity, car insurance, house rent, utility bills, food and feed my family back home. You are not comparing apple to apple here. You are comparing to a man who has lived in real life to a man who has always been avoiding responsibility and has been sucking on other people's blood. You are comparing a dignified man with honor and self respect to a man that has been a burden to society and his mom.

If you worked when you were 16 and earned $7, then you should never have said $5000 is a small money because you would know what it takes to save $5000. Oh I forgot, you lived with your mom and she paid the bills when you were working. So all you know is making money and putting in the bank. Have you ever paid $975 for a house rent? plus 40 for gas plus $50 for under ground parking? ahahahahahah

By the way, You are my dumaashi. Don't want to put you in an argument. Plus sacad are my abtis so you could be my abti's wife too. iigooy marka.[/quote]

This an honest friendly discussion Sumu, I just wish you wouldn't consider yourself as the sole individual who makes an honest living.. Kind of offending to your fellow somalinet males..

Sumubaridi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sumubaridi » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:33 am

Habo, I know there are few guys like me but believe me. I only have an issue with the Cayr Dwellers who talk like real men here and start belittling a hard earned money by a real man. I have no issue with the girls because girls should be taken care of. They even should't work. Why would they? They need to be taken care of by Dad and then transferred to a husband then back to her father or brother if she gets divorced then back to the other husband if she marries. I am against girls be left on their own. its all happening because of this Cayr earners who are themselves taken care of by the state. They brought alot of shame on us. If all Somali guys were like me, we would have gone far. focking food stamp eaters. They make me sick.

TATI
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TATI » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:43 pm

I dont get it...you have to pay her family 5 g's to marry her...whyyyyy!!!? Is this a normal somali thing :? . Weddings are effing pointless... :x :roll: Isn't the muslim way not enough...jeez

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.