Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Its getting real, Marriage is expensive

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Its getting real, Marriage is expensive

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:17 pm

:lol: :lol: making $10000 some one rich!

samu, i guess you are trolling us or America is very cheap. some somali guy here wanted to marry. we all chip even though some one paid most of it (:lol:) one person bought bedroom, the other living room, another one dinning and ACs and that cost us over $15 000 and we didnt even get kitchen thing and window covering. at the end costed $22 000. that is only the furnuring the 2 between appartment.

since i dont plan marrying any time soon, i want help brothers who want to marry.

Adeer, can you help a single friend of mine who is seeking to marry this Qalanjo nurse who lives in Doha. He is challenged in arrimaha diinta and her family are wadaad. Can you pretend to be his good friend and cousin when he seeks out her hand in marriage?

BVSNet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BVSNet » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:10 am

Ugaas, since truth has become so rare to find, people find it hillarious and funny if you just tell them the truth. Dadkii riwaayad iyo been unbeey kunool yihiin. Markaan kudhahay alxd I have $1800 in my account for the first time since 2009, qosol ayayba kuwaayesheen. see kudhici kartaa? $100K ayaan vacation ku aaday, my dress cost me $10,000. Xitaa kii yaraa ee reer cali suufi kulahaa xitaa $50,000 lacag ma moodo. Waxaad umalaysaa caruurtii ay dhaleen Generals kii kacaanka ee Xoosh kibray,iyo liiqliiqato in ay inta joogaan.

Sxb the truth of the matter is, $10,000 is a lot of money for me. I never had a rich dad and I never inherited anything. The only money that I have earn in my life is through paycheck. When I pay all my expenses, the most i can save waa $500 if I don't pay anything for that month. So it will take me 20 months to Save $10,000.

I don't see anything funny or unrealistic about that. Mindhaa Waad mirqaansantihiin.
Sumu, do you, sxb. You are living honorably and attaining your rizq by the dint of hard work and by the sweat of your brow. Nothing but respect. Like you said, many of these ppl oo kula yaaban, they are living on welfare, and if not, they were raised on welfare

When hyperactive says something like this:
Xitaa kii yaraa ee reer cali suufi kulahaa xitaa $50,000 lacag ma moodo.
you have to understand that the Qatari government cradle-to-the-grave welfare system(in the form of high salaries for marginal work, don't even have to show up, and if you're a "shaykh" better yet, you get paid for just growing a beard and wearing a qamees) has provided for him his whole life. From his private school education to the Hummer H3 to the house he just bought. He never knew what it's like to juggle: rent, tution payment, monthly biil to family members.

So stop justifying yourself to them. For those of us in the xamaali-trenches just like you, who stand on our own two feet without assistance from anybody, we stand tall and proud. So stand tall and proud. When they make fun of you, remind them that their parents had to lie about being married so that they would get a little extra caano-boore niido from the welfare system.
:up:

I think people have become so used to being entertained by MinMayor that they don't realise the truth in his words.

Inaayah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Inaayah » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:32 am

I for one can't tell the difference between Sumu's kaftan and when he's being serious marka waan ka daalay tryna work it out.

Susu000
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Susu000 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:44 am

I for one can't tell the difference between Sumu's kaftan and when he's being serious marka waan ka daalay tryna work it out.
I really enjoy his threads, although just like you I can't tell if the guy is serious or not.. Sometimes I think he's naive and innocent and sometimes I think he's being sarcastic .. Either way the guy makes me laugh

Sumubaridi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sumubaridi » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:54 am

Ugaas, since truth has become so rare to find, people find it hillarious and funny if you just tell them the truth. Dadkii riwaayad iyo been unbeey kunool yihiin. Markaan kudhahay alxd I have $1800 in my account for the first time since 2009, qosol ayayba kuwaayesheen. see kudhici kartaa? $100K ayaan vacation ku aaday, my dress cost me $10,000. Xitaa kii yaraa ee reer cali suufi kulahaa xitaa $50,000 lacag ma moodo. Waxaad umalaysaa caruurtii ay dhaleen Generals kii kacaanka ee Xoosh kibray,iyo liiqliiqato in ay inta joogaan.

Sxb the truth of the matter is, $10,000 is a lot of money for me. I never had a rich dad and I never inherited anything. The only money that I have earn in my life is through paycheck. When I pay all my expenses, the most i can save waa $500 if I don't pay anything for that month. So it will take me 20 months to Save $10,000.

I don't see anything funny or unrealistic about that. Mindhaa Waad mirqaansantihiin.
Sumu, do you, sxb. You are living honorably and attaining your rizq by the dint of hard work and by the sweat of your brow. Nothing but respect. Like you said, many of these ppl oo kula yaaban, they are living on welfare, and if not, they were raised on welfare

When hyperactive says something like this:
Xitaa kii yaraa ee reer cali suufi kulahaa xitaa $50,000 lacag ma moodo.
you have to understand that the Qatari government cradle-to-the-grave welfare system(in the form of high salaries for marginal work, don't even have to show up, and if you're a "shaykh" better yet, you get paid for just growing a beard and wearing a qamees) has provided for him his whole life. From his private school education to the Hummer H3 to the house he just bought. He never knew what it's like to juggle: rent, tution payment, monthly biil to family members.

So stop justifying yourself to them. For those of us in the xamaali-trenches just like you, who stand on our own two feet without assistance from anybody, we stand tall and proud. So stand tall and proud. When they make fun of you, remind them that their parents had to lie about being married so that they would get a little extra caano-boore niido from the welfare system.

Maasha allah. For the first time since I joined this forum couple of months ago, Someone understands what I am talking about. Allah ya cizak.

Sumubaridi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sumubaridi » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:58 am

I really enjoy his threads, although just like you I can't tell if the guy is serious or not.. Sometimes I think he's naive and innocent and sometimes I think he's being sarcastic .. Either way the guy makes me laugh
What did I say that is naive and Innocent. I am just telling the truth and being realistic. So not having thousands of dollars is being naitive and innocent? and what is being bold and smart?

MissFiora
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MissFiora » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:08 am

One more thread Sumu, and I will start the Sumubaridi wedding foundation. Prepare your speech on universal tv

I've said before and I'll say it again ..sadaqo way ku baxdaa waayo he is fulfilling a sunnah. Aniga waxad igu qortaa 500 gani.

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Nobody said it'd be easy.. they just promised it'd be worth it...

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:13 am

The problem with the OP is he isn't a very realistic guy.
There's nothing better than living within your means but he makes it out as if he's the only Somali who's living an honest and simple life, which really isn't the case.

Where I'm from once you're ready to get married you pay for everything yourself, no family handouts, loans and no help from anyone else apart from your future spouse and if you can't afford to marry find someone on your level if not wait a little longer till you can afford it. Simples!

Sumubaridi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sumubaridi » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:23 am

There's nothing better than living within your means but he makes it out as if he's the only Somali who's living an honest and simple life, which really isn't the case.

Where I'm from once you're ready to get married you pay for everything yourself, no family handouts, loans and no help from anyone else apart from your future spouse and if you can't afford to marry find someone on your level if not wait a little longer till you can afford it. Simples!
And where is that you are from?

MissFiora
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MissFiora » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:25 am

:up:

Sumubaridi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sumubaridi » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:27 am

500 Gani? I have been in the UK and all they get is 40P a week for Cayr which is 160 P a month. 160 X1.6= $ 256 a month. So where would you get 500P if all you get is 160P Cayr money a month? stop being hypocrite. You have no job and you depend on Cayr money.

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Nobody said it'd be easy.. they just promised it'd be worth it...

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:41 am

^ I think you quoted the wrong person.

Like I said not everyone is like the people you're around, AlhamdulilaAh majority of us work and pay taxes.

Sumubaridi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sumubaridi » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:09 am

^ I think you quoted the wrong person.

Like I said not everyone is like the people you're around, AlhamdulilaAh majority of us work and pay taxes.
I just wanted to know where is that place that majority of the Somalis work and pay taxes? if you are real, why are you holding off saying the place?

In America, Only 30% of Somalis live in an honest life. Even those who work will live in a public housing with a friend and only pay $200 for everything. When the house has an inspection, they go and sleep in the car.

MissFiora
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MissFiora » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:16 am

500 Gani? I have been in the UK and all they get is 40P a week for Cayr which is 160 P a month. 160 X1.6= $ 256 a month. So where would you get 500P if all you get is 160P Cayr money a month? stop being hypocrite. You have no job and you depend on Cayr money.
I love how you know about monthly caydh rates looooooool. I save my caydh checks I'm in a monthly hagbad aan kagu sadaqaaystee send me your details.

Sumubaridi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sumubaridi » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:20 am

I love how you know about monthly caydh rates looooooool. I save my caydh checks I'm in a monthly hagbad aan kagu sadaqaaystee send me your details.
Cayr iyo Sadaqo aniga maqaato. Waxaan cunaa dhiigayga. I came to work maanta at 6.45 AM when I was required to come at 8 AM. That is 1 hr 15 min a head of schedule to be a good worker.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.