Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is it true that Somalis assume we are all Habesha?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Is it true that Somalis assume we are all Habesha?

Postby Khalid Ali » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:45 pm

are there any jihadist in Asmara i know some islamic movements were banned by Shabia are they still in sudan

Gabre
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Gabre » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:53 pm

are there any jihadist in Asmara i know some islamic movements were banned by Shabia are they still in sudan
war dhamaan kuwa ku nool Keren iyo agagaarkeed waa wada reer indho-shareer. war mahaysid ee, yaan lagu qarxin kkkkkkk

Guaranteed when that xabashi croaks, sida biyaha baa lagu soo qulquli wadanka Ertra from Sudan, Saudia iyo carabaha kale. ISIS iyo ka daran baa laga dhawaaqi

Ethiopia will then invade, and probably the Christians will have to swallow their pride and ask for them to come just like in the 40s and 50s lol

History is a circle.

GalliumerianSlayer
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby GalliumerianSlayer » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:43 am

This is why I hate some of these Tigrinya Christians wallahi! They are fed garbage and propaganda from the beginning! First of all what ERITREAN SAHOS married into the Christian Tigrinyas?! Are you crazy, we are ALL MUSLIMS, do NOT confuse us with the agame bastards from Tigray Ethiopia called the Erob who stole our language like typical Ethiopian Habeshas!
TIGRE MUSLIMS are the biggest ethnic group in Eritrea regardless of what the regime Afwerki government tell you. I am not even a Tigre and I know this. The muslims in Eritrea dominate probably 70-80% of the whole nation, the only Christians in Eritrea are Tigrinya, most of Bilen even though they're tiny themselves and a tiny portion of Kunama.
The muslims are Tigre, Afar, Saho, Jeberti and all these groups heavily over dominate the Christian Eritreans. There is no issue between any groups in Eritrea, tribe or religion, but it is a FACT that the government and Christians are worried of a unified Islamic ethnical party in Eritrea, hence why they're displacing many muslims from all groups. Why do you think in the past the national language was Arabic? Because the muslims were the total population so we used to communicate with other muslim ethnic groups in Arabic, but today because of propaganda the national language is Tigrinya. Similar with Ethiopia like Revolution commented - the biggest population is Oromo yet the national language is what? Amharic.
Do not let these Tigrinyas fool you with rubbish, we respect you but don't come and spread propaganda when the whole of Eritrea knows this. You have our kindness mistaken for weakness. Peace!
Eritrea will become a hellzone once the mad dictator dies.

learnmore1

Postby learnmore1 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:16 am

This is why I hate some of these Tigrinya Christians wallahi! They are fed garbage and propaganda from the beginning! First of all what ERITREAN SAHOS married into the Christian Tigrinyas?! Are you crazy, we are ALL MUSLIMS, do NOT confuse us with the agame bastards from Tigray Ethiopia called the Erob who stole our language like typical Ethiopian Habeshas!
TIGRE MUSLIMS are the biggest ethnic group in Eritrea regardless of what the regime Afwerki government tell you. I am not even a Tigre and I know this. The muslims in Eritrea dominate probably 70-80% of the whole nation, the only Christians in Eritrea are Tigrinya, most of Bilen even though they're tiny themselves and a tiny portion of Kunama.
The muslims are Tigre, Afar, Saho, Jeberti and all these groups heavily over dominate the Christian Eritreans. There is no issue between any groups in Eritrea, tribe or religion, but it is a FACT that the government and Christians are worried of a unified Islamic ethnical party in Eritrea, hence why they're displacing many muslims from all groups. Why do you think in the past the national language was Arabic? Because the muslims were the total population so we used to communicate with other muslim ethnic groups in Arabic, but today because of propaganda the national language is Tigrinya. Similar with Ethiopia like Revolution commented - the biggest population is Oromo yet the national language is what? Amharic.
Do not let these Tigrinyas fool you with rubbish, we respect you but don't come and spread propaganda when the whole of Eritrea knows this. You have our kindness mistaken for weakness. Peace!
I don't know what makes you so sure Muslims are 80%, there's no evidence even to support this, the only thing needed is a census which I doubt will happen any time soon.

Your argument that if there are more ethnic groups that have Islam as their religion than Christianity, they are higher in population. That's a weak assumption and statistically wrong. That is like saying, the United Kingdom is home to 100+ other ethnic groups apart from British people, so British people must only be 20% of the UK's population. Wrong. If anything the religious split in Eritrea is 50/50. The lowlands are sparsely inhabited and if you actually have ever went, take a road trip and you'll understand.

Arabic is not needed in Eritrea, we are not Arabs.

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:29 am

Eritrea is Muslim majority. Tigre alone out number the Kebessa.

No need to count Saho, Afar, Bilen, Rashaida, Kunama, Nara, Bin-Amer...who are almost all Muslim.

Only small percentage of Jeberti joins the Kebessa but Christian Jeberti are mostly Catholic.

Mosques out number churches and you can just Google Eritrean cities and see the sky line.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:36 am

eritrea needs to come in the hands of Muslims especially tigre and beja. but they are disunited have no political parties which unite them. most tigrinya are fleeing the country if u counr how many kebessa are in the west. u hardly see any muslim eritrean in the west. this tells you the demographics of eritrea.

The Muslim Christian split will always exist how much the christians try to avoid this , thia also led to the split of elf jebha and eplf shabia. the people live in two complete worlds. most kebessa want to be more close to ethiopia others want to be very distinct. the muslims want to be more part of calamul Islam.

i think its 80 /20 muslim being 80 christian 20

learnmore1

Postby learnmore1 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:48 am

Eritrea is Muslim majority. Tigre alone out number the Kebessa.

No need to count Saho, Afar, Bilen, Rashaida, Kunama, Nara, Bin-Amer...who are almost all Muslim.

Only small percentage of Jeberti joins the Kebessa but Christian Jeberti are mostly Catholic.

Mosques out number churches and you can just Google Eritrean cities and see the sky line.
There is no evidence that supports Tigre outnumbering Tigrinya people. The country is split 50/50.

learnmore1

Postby learnmore1 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:51 am

eritrea needs to come in the hands of Muslims especially tigre and beja. but they are disunited have no political parties which unite them. most tigrinya are fleeing the country if u counr how many kebessa are in the west. u hardly see any muslim eritrean in the west. this tells you the demographics of eritrea.

The Muslim Christian split will always exist how much the christians try to avoid this , thia also led to the split of elf jebha and eplf shabia. the people live in two complete worlds. most kebessa want to be more close to ethiopia others want to be very distinct. the muslims want to be more part of calamul Islam.

i think its 80 /20 muslim being 80 christian 20
80/20? You must be crazy :lol:.
You think it's 80/20 because you are a Somali. You probably don't even know that Tigre are new muslims. Until there is a census, no point trying to make up things

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:59 am

what about 65 35.. i know tigre became muslims in the 17 century how ever it does not matter when one became muslim i want you also to become muslim as a tigrinya

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:07 am

Tigre about 2 million and no they did not convert recently. They have been practising Islam since the 7th century.

Some of the mosques they built in Eritrea are older than any mosques in the Horn including the one Tigrais use for begging (Negash).

Tigres are old Muslims.

Last edited by AwRastaale on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

learnmore1

Postby learnmore1 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:09 am

what about 65 35.. i know tigre became muslims in the 17 century how ever it does not matter when one became muslim i want you also to become muslim as a tigrinya
It might be 65 Muslim 35 Christian.
The only reason why I always assume Christians are more than Muslims is the Tigrinya pop. is definetely more than the Tigre population. The Tigre inhabit a lot of land but the area is so sparsely populated, like Ogaden but not as extremely sparse maybe.
The government should do an honest census, I don't think we've had one yet. The town my fathers mum is from should be like 50/50 Tigre/Tigrinya by now.

And yes I understand that, anyone would want someone to join theirs to be honest :)

AwRastaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AwRastaale » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:13 am

learnmore1

Postby learnmore1 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:13 am

Tigre about 2 million and no they did not convert recently. They have been practising Islam since the 7th century.

Some of the mosques they built in Eritrea are older than any mosques in the Horn including the one Tigrais use for begging (Negash).

Tigres are old Muslims.
Those were not the mainland ones. The mosques in Eritrea have never been dated and it doesn't support the Tigre argument as are no Tigre in Tigray.
And no need to be so hateful lol.

learnmore1

Postby learnmore1 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:27 am

He says it was built in 615, I believe that would be very interesting if it was dated.

Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advo » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:29 am

Tigre, Tigray and Tigrianye??

I get confused with these similar names

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.