Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It Has Begun...

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

It Has Begun...

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:36 pm

May the evil empire and it's stooges crumble... :blessed:
Violent clashes in Ethiopia over 'master plan' to expand Addis

At least 10 students are said to have been killed and hundreds injured during protests against the Ethiopian government’s plans to expand the capital city into surrounding farmland.

The students were protesting against a controversial proposal, known as “the master plan”, to expand Addis Ababa into surrounding Oromia state, which they say will threaten local farmers with mass evictions.

According to the Ethiopian constitution, Oromia is one of the nine politically autonomous regional states in the country, and the region’s Oromo people make up the largest ethnic group in Ethiopia.

However, rights groups say the Oromo have been systematically marginalised and persecuted for the last 24 years. By some estimates, there were as many as 20,000 Oromo political prisoners in Ethiopia as of March 2014.

t’s not the first time the security forces have reacted violently to protests in support of the group. At least nine students were killed in May 2014 while defending the rights of famers in the region when the “master plan” was first announced.

In response to the violence, Amnesty International issued a report on government repression last year, noting that “between 2011 and 2014, at least 5,000 Oromos [were] arrested based on their actual or suspected peaceful opposition to the government.”

The human rights organisation found that in numerous cases “actual or suspected [Oromo] dissenters were detained without charge or trial, killed by security services during protests, arrests and in detention.”

The ruling elite and members of government are mostly from the Tigray region, which is located in the northern part of the country.
Social media

The Ethiopian media has paid little attention to the protests. Demonstrators have been taking to Facebook and Twitter to report the clashes, with additional coverage coming from diaspora media.

“The Oromo youth are a powerful political entity capable of shaking mountains,” one Facebook user, Aga Teshome, wrote in support of the protesters. “This powerful political entity is hell bent on exposing the [ruling party] EPRDF government’s atrocious human rights record and all round discriminatory practices.”

Another user said more should be done to shine light on the movement: “The silence has truly been deafening. We need to see and hear the inspiring actions undertaken by huge numbers of ‪#‎Oromo‬ in ‪#‎Ethiopia.”

Desu Tefera echoed the calls for better media coverage: “We call upon the media to investigate the conditions that these students died trying to expose and resist,” he wrote.

“Oromia needs a new kind of reporting by the international media, which gives voice to the voiceless Oromo people, who for a very long time have been killed, mistreated, abused, neglected and repressed in Ethiopia.”
Dubious development

For many Ethiopians, this week’s clashes show that the issue of Oromo rights refuses to go away.

Protests against the master plan for expansion first began in April last year, when students from outside the capital argued that if the proposal was implemented, it would result in Addis further encroaching into the surrounding territory, allowing the capital to subsume surrounding towns and leaving informal settlements vulnerable to government redevelopment.

The government rejected the accusation, claiming that the plan was intended only to facilitate the development of infrastructure such as transportation, utilities and recreation centres.

The unrest halted the development until now, but in November resentment boiled over again when it became clear the government had resumed its plan.

Since the highly contested 2005 national election forceful evictions and urban land grabbing have become frequent in Addis and its environs, opposition groups say. The city’s rapid growth has resulted in increasing pressure to convert rural land for industrial, housing or other urban use.

The population of the capital is estimated to have grown at a rate of 3.8% per year since 2007, but the repurposing of land in order to accommodate the expansion has been a particularly contentious issue.

Ermias Legesse, a high profile government defector, has argued that since 2000 the Addis Ababa city municipality, with the support of the federal government, has enacted five different pieces of legislation to “legalise” informal settlements, allowing them to be sold on to private property developers.

“Sometimes the informal settlers are given only a few days’ notices before bulldozers arrive on the scene to tear down their shabby houses and lay foundations for new investors,” Legesse said in an interview last week.

Source: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/d ... a-students

TheFuturist
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: It Has Begun...

Postby TheFuturist » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:41 pm

The Tigray/Amhara oppression and persecution of the Oromos is not sustainable. The kettle will boil over at some point.

26June1960
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby 26June1960 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:32 pm

May the evil empire and it's stooges crumble... :blessed:
:MJ: Including your precious enclave, "Somaliland"?

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:38 pm

Ethiopian AMISOM in Baydhabo

Don't throw stones in glass houses mofocker. Somaliland isn't penetrated like a cheap hooker every few months. :up:

jalaaludin5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: “Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”

Postby jalaaludin5 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:17 pm

Nothing will happen. Ethiopians are more wadani than Somali so They will find a Solution.
-
-
-

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:25 pm

Nothing will happen. Ethiopians are wadani than Somali so will find a Solution.
-
-
-
True. But a guy can dream. :mrgreen:

The tigrey, if they are smart, will compromise and make concessions to the oromo and amhara. They aren't utterly braindead like Zoomalis. They can see beyond 24hrs unlike the caqli lix saac next door

jalaaludin5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: “Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”

Postby jalaaludin5 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:35 pm

-
-
-

The tigrey, if they are smart, will compromise and make concessions to the oromo and amhara. They aren't utterly braindead like Zoomalis. They can see beyond 24hrs unlike the caqli lix saac next door
Why do you want ethiopia to go down? Nothing good will come out for us SOMALIS.
There are already lots of scaremongering about the number of oromos in Somaliland and Somalia. What do you think will happen if shit hit the proverbial fan?

I don't know about you but I pray Ethiopia keep standing.
-
-
-

Xisab

Postby Xisab » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:42 pm

Ethiopian AMISOM in Baydhabo

Don't throw stones in glass houses mofocker. Somaliland isn't penetrated like a cheap hooker every few months. :up:

At least the southerners have historically fought against Ethiopian aggression. Your people bootyclap for them all through this forum and even in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m5dWVl ... e=youtu.be

The southerners may be physically occupied, but your people suffer from a much more severe problem: mental occupation. The Isaac tribe: bootyclapping for foreigners since they were first conceived by their forefather from Iraq. :stylin:

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:44 pm

-
-
-

Why do you want ethiopia to go down? Nothing good will come out for us SOMALIS.
There are already lots of scaremongering about the number of oromos in Somaliland and Somalia. What do you think will happen if shit hit the proverbial fan?

I don't know about you but I pray Ethiopia keep standing.
-
-
-
Ethiopia's policies and long-term strategy is not good for Somaliland, or Somalia for that matter. I am not one of those people afraid of some sort of Oromo zombie apocalypse.They are hard-working, humble people and I have seen this from experience. They also do the jobs lazy Zoomalis waiting in xawaalads for money don't want to, rubbish-cleaning, water-carrying, barbers, servants etc.

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:48 pm

Xisab. Ethiopians came to Somali because AY invited them in 2007. Don't address me again Low IQ fool. :arrow:

Look how your jiir president is being "forced" by the AMISOM chief

Ethiopia stopping two Darood clans from fighting and killing eachother over the same city

jalaaludin5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby jalaaludin5 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:58 pm

So how would a civil war in Ethiopia benefit somaliland/somalia?
-
-
-

Xisab

Postby Xisab » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:59 pm

Xisab. Ethiopians came to Somali because AY invited them in 2007.
Geographically, AY isn't even a southerner. Try again, friend.
Don't address me again Low IQ fool. :arrow:
How very witty of you. I'm sure that irony will fly over your head, friend.

Look how your jiir president is being "forced" by the AMISOM chief
Nice try. That puppet isn't my president. It still doesn't change the reality on the ground for your people, though. Your people have no history of fighting foreign aggressors, but rather willingly opening your doors to them and proudly embracing your servitude. First the natural b*tches to the Arabs, then the British, and now the amxar. Meanwhile, it has always been the Southern tribes and the Northern Darods that have always fought against foreign aggression and colonization.

Oh, and this is the state of the leader of your people:

And you're talking about glass houses? :Heh:

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:07 pm

So you are equating Ethiopian soldiers killing your people, raping your women, defecating in your mosques and entering Somalia more times than a cheap Thai hooker to Siilanyo signing a condolence letter after the death Meles Zenawi at the Ethiopian Embassy in Hargeisa? OK. Hence "low IQ fool". Let me give you a little clue - those two situations are not alike.

Last time I checked, Puntland is a part of Somalia whether you like it or not. And HSM is your president whether you like it or not. You can't conveniently decide who represents you when you feel like it. Logic doesn't work that way. As for my "history", you don' even know your current reality - what makes you think you know anything about my history? Lol@ only northern darood and southerners fought colonials. I think I now know what you are, so I won't bother. :pac: Feel free to believe whatever fantasy you wish.

P.S. I don't think irony means what you think it means. :up:

Xisab

Postby Xisab » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:35 pm

So you are equating Ethiopian soldiers killing your people, raping your women, defecating in your mosques and entering Somalia more times than a cheap Thai hooker to Siilanyo signing a condolence letter after the death Meles Zenawi at the Ethiopian Embassy in
Hargeisa? OK. Hence "low IQ fool". Let me give you a little clue - those two situations are not alike.
That's why him and his particular sub-clan proudly refer to the Amxar as their reer abti, right? :Heh:

Read my above post. Physical occupation will always be much easier to overcome than the mental enslavement your people have continuously gone through from all of the different ethnics in the world. Many of the most mightiest empires have experienced this form of occupation, but only a destroyed and ruined people with no future whatsoever will undergo mental colonization. Take a look at the African Americans. That is your future, friend.

That's all besides laughing at the rapes of Muslim women and killing of innocents. You're f-king sick in the head, friend. But, that shouldn't be surprising coming from a khat-ridden, braindead monkey such as yourself.
Last time I checked, Puntland is a part of Somalia whether you like it or not.
Puntland is located geographically in the northernmost part of Somalia, and is even more "Northern" relative to your protectorate of Ethiopia.
Oh, and I'm not MJ so I have no agenda here. You're truly a drooling mouthbreather if you can't understand such simple geography.
:wtf:
And HSM is your president whether you like it or not.
Not in this federalist era. If you rather insist on these technicalities, just exactly who recognizes your colonized protectorate in the international community? Who does the west and their allies recognize as the ruling authority over Somaliland?

As for my "history", you don' even know your current reality - what makes you think you know anything about my history? :pac:

Hmm, did I strike a nerve? Everyone is well aware of your history of servitude and groveling at the feet of any and every foreigner. Your people are not natural warriors, so don't try to fabricate history now. You just naturally flow wherever the winds will take you, whether that's at the feet of the British yesterday or today on the d*cks of the Ethiopians as that video so eloquently demonstrated.
P.S. I don't think irony means what you think it means. :up:
As expected. :Heh:

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:52 pm

You've come back to post a whole lot of nothing. Lol @other empires. Did this fool just compare himself to world empires?. You are not nor were you ever an empire mofocker :lol:. You are not just "physically" colonised, you are colonised mentally and spiritually. I already explained how you invited ethiopia and Amisom and yet you are still talking. I don't know how someone whose country is a modern UN colony founded by italians can call other people colonised. That is the level of stupidity and cognitive dissonance I am dealing with. :pac:

I don't care what clan you are. To us northerners, everything east and south of Somaliland is koonfur. You are no different from one another.

Hate all you want. I can go back home and walk freely in my country without african troops' protection. I plan to go back this summer. Have fun in you african colony, Zoomalian. :blessed:

Do me me a favour, don't address me again. I feel physically dumber everytime you do.

@jalaaludin. You're probably right. A stable ethiopia is probably best for now :up:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.