Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Islamophobia and Black American Muslims

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Islamophobia and Black American Muslims

Postby Hyperactive » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:57 pm

Sahan, we are survivers and do not cry victims. Allahey omba iska ken wata :lol: we do not even understand how to play this race/minority card. weynu isla qomanahay. :lol: marka, not much victimised mentality in us.

SahanGalbeed
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby SahanGalbeed » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:03 pm

Waa runta ," boohoo I am victimized because of the way I look " is beneath any self respecting somali .

Itrah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Itrah » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:37 pm

These Aframs who converted to Islam in order to return to the religion of their ancestors are actually converting to the religion of their slave trader.
Muslim West Africans like Fulanis were one of the biggest slave traders.

SahanGalbeed
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby SahanGalbeed » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:49 pm

Source?^
They were captured in fights by the dahomeans .Do you know where Dahomey is ? look it up !
The Fulani were shipping the people they captured { non muslims} to modern day Senegal . Island of Gore to be precise . Go back to watching "Homeland "Itrah :lol: . It is the wars between different African kingdoms and the prisoners they would capture that we're talking about here . The Fulanis are not the only bad guys . Muslims in the slave trade can be retraced to the events of raiders{non muslim} pushing in Fulani controlled lands , not that the fulani were selling the people under their authority who were not all fulanis eventhough converted to Islam .

3 groups of africans made the most in terms of benefiting from slavery . 1 is Dahomey ,modern day Benin , Togo , the other towards modern day Cameroon and the 3rd modern day Angola . The best kept shipping locations though are in Senegal and Ghana , I get my source from Harvard professor Henry Gates jr and his show on PBS

gegiroor
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gegiroor » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:39 pm

Source?^
They were captured in fights by the dahomeans .Do you know where Dahomey is ? look it up !
The Fulani were shipping the people they captured { non muslims} to modern day Senegal . Island of Gore to be precise . Go back to watching "Homeland "Itrah :lol: . It is the wars between different African kingdoms and the prisoners they would capture that we're talking about here . The Fulanis are not the only bad guys . Muslims in the slave trade can be retraced to the events of raiders{non muslim} pushing in Fulani controlled lands , not that the fulani were selling the people under their authority who were not all fulanis eventhough converted to Islam .

3 groups of africans made the most in terms of benefiting from slavery . 1 is Dahomey ,modern day Benin , Togo , the other towards modern day Cameroon and the 3rd modern day Angola . The best kept shipping locations though are in Senegal and Ghana , I get my source from Harvard professor Henry Gates jr and his show on PBS
Sahan, it pains him to see people embracing Islam, so he is desperately trying to take shot at these Muslims while using bogus history as an excuse. I am pretty sure this DNA guy never dig through the history that he is claiming.

SahanGalbeed
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby SahanGalbeed » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:47 pm

Are we even sure that he is somali this guy ? :lol: Anigu somali aan muslim ahayn waan arki jiray , laakiin "healthy respect" bay ku qabaan oo ma soo faro geliyaan wixii ku saabsan diinta . Hadda nooc cusub baa soo baxay . Aar miyad inaga hubisaan nimanyow , ma' soomali ba kuwani ?

gegiroor
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gegiroor » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:02 pm

Are we even sure that he is somali this guy ? :lol: Anigu somali aan muslim ahayn waan arki jiray , laakiin "healthy respect" bay ku qabaan oo ma soo faro geliyaan wixii ku saabsan diinta . Hadda nooc cusub baa soo baxay . Aar miyad inaga hubisaan nimanyow , ma' soomali ba kuwani ?
:damn: :deadrose:

Waxay yihiin la garan maayo. Haddii diinta ka baxeen may amaan diinteena suuban noo siiyaan, ileen inagu waxay aaminsan yihiin kuma haysanee :lol:

Itrah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Itrah » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:41 am

Source?^

The Trans-Saharan Slave trade existed a long time before the Atlantic Slave trade and guess who were mainly involved in the Trans-Saharan Slave trade? West African Muslims. These same merchants later brought this expertise to the coast and helped the Atlantic Slave trade flourish. Without the existing Trans-Saharan Slave trade the Atlantic Slave trade could have never been as big.
Sahan, it pains him to see people embracing Islam, so he is desperately trying to take shot at these Muslims while using bogus history as an excuse. I am pretty sure this DNA guy never dig through the history that he is claiming.
Most of these Nation of Islam African Americans converted to Islam because they hate the White Western culture and Christianity that is associated with it. It is not out of love for Islam, but more of a hate for what the whites have done to them. Some lunatics convinced them that Islam was the religion of their ancestors, but that is a big fat lie. Their ancestors were animists. Islam is more likely to be the religion of their slave trader.

SahanGalbeed
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby SahanGalbeed » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:52 am

You have your own reason for not liking Islam , which is bizarre for a genuine somali but the trans saharan slave trade didn't affect the Americas . As I know my history , slavery started after the collapse of the muslim "empire" in nowadays Spain . A group of noble moors were captured by christians { portuguese} . The Moors offered to exchange their guys for double or triple the number of slaves . The portuguese accepted and later sailed down the coast of Africa to essentially make it a business with the coastal african tribes which were not muslims and that's how it started . To say that the African Americans who descend from muslims are taking the religion of their captors , is factually wrong .
Last edited by SahanGalbeed on Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Itrah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Itrah » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:02 am

You have your own reason for not liking Islam , which is bizarre for a genuine somali but the trans saharan slave trade didn't affect the Americas .
Stop putting words in my mouth. This is not about Islam, but slavery.

I can assure you that without the Trans-Saharan slave trade the know-how for the Atlantic Slave trade wouldn't have been there. The Arabs brought mass slavery culture to Sub-Saharan Africa.

To this day, Mauritania still remains the country with the most slaves per capita as the slave culture persists:

SahanGalbeed
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby SahanGalbeed » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:08 am

There is no evidence that slaves were shipped from Mauritania to the Americas .We're talking about your allegations that the africans americans of today who descend from muslims are taking the religion of their captors /traders .I said they descend from peoplewho were captured by non muslims during the wars between muslim an non muslim kingdoms in Africa of that period .
You think you know shit but you don't ! You hate other blacks , you hate arabs , and you hate Islam , that's what we've been observing about you .
What somali are you ? Are you a skinhead trying to pass for a somali or a somali trying to act like a skinhead ? :lol:

Itrah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Itrah » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:15 am

There is no evidence that slaves were shipped from Mauritania to the Americas .We're talking about your allegations that the africans americans of today who descend from muslims are taking the religion of their captors /traders .I said they descend from peoplewho were captured by non muslims during the wars between muslim an non muslim kingdoms in Africa of that period .
You think you know shit but you don't ! You hate other blacks , you hate arabs , and you hate Islam , that's what we've been observing about you .
What somali are you ? Are you a skinhead trying to pass for a somali or a somali trying to act like a skinhead ? :lol:
Your reading comprehension sucks, go take some basic English courses. Nowhere did I say that the New World slaves came primarily from Mauritania. I was merely pointing out that the legacy of the Trans-Saharan Slave trade still persists to this day in West Africa and particularly Mauritania. Buffoon. Wallahi discussing things with you is a waste of time. You commit logical fallacies one after another.

SahanGalbeed
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby SahanGalbeed » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:49 am

We were talking about the african americans muslims . You said they are taking the religion of their captors by bringing up the fulanis . I told you it is not true . I bring a story about the moors ,just to let everybody know how the whole hing started you present mauritania as if it was relevant to the african americans . It is NOT ! Go back to watching "homeland " you reason like a teenage girl .

Itrah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Itrah » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:55 am

We were talking about the african americans muslims . You said they are taking the religion of their captors by bringing up the fulanis . I told you it is not true . I bring a story about the moors ,just to let everybody know how the whole hing started you present mauritania as if it was relevant to the african americans . It is NOT ! Go back to watching "homeland " you reason like a teenage girl .
You can't even string one logical sentence together, my goodness. The education system in Djibouti must be really bad.
Go look up what logical fallacies are, you'll be amazed how many you have been committing.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.