Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What's your favorite plant?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: What's your favorite plant?

Postby gurey25 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:39 am

When I went back home in 2011, I learned this tree called Geed Cimraanka.

Aparently, it is natural opium poppy tree in Somalia where young man get addicted to it. It does not need any processing since Somalia's harsh winter season naturally processes it.

Young men get addicted to it, and the way you know someone is having it is, that person will have unstoppable laughing and spitting. I saw a young man laughing allnight by his own without anyone talking to him. I've asked the folks in the town "Waar what happened to kii yaraa ee ina Jaamac miyuu ku dhuftay?" People asked me what do you mean? I told them how come he is laughing allnight. That is when people told me "Waar Geed Cimraan buu ka dhergay."

That is when I inquired more about this naturally growing tree that is causing young men to hallucinate and nonstop laughing for hours. I've learned that Somalis did not know it until Chinese engineers who were building the highway between Beledweyne till Burao arrived in the late 1970s. The Chinese engineers found this natural plant that provides them some form of leisure since alcohol was rarely available in Somalia at that time, and the Somali emloyees who were working with the Chinese firm found something odd about the Chinese behaviour.

The Chinese were going to the bushes in the afternoon. And then they were coming back hallucinating and throwing endless laughing. That was when the Somali employees found out about nuts that Chinese engineers were going after and which tree they come from.

lt occurred to me the money that can be made from this tree by extorting it to overseas but was afraid of the risk.

That is definitely not poppies.
It's something else, I wonder what it is that the Chinese recognised it.
I am curious

theyuusuf143
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: "Dareen naxli reeba iyo nolosha aan loo sinayn naftaaday dhaawacaan" by dhaglas

Postby theyuusuf143 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:43 am

When I went back home in 2011, I learned this tree called Geed Cimraanka.

Aparently, it is natural opium poppy tree in Somalia where young man get addicted to it. It does not need any processing since Somalia's harsh winter season naturally processes it.

Young men get addicted to it, and the way you know someone is having it is, that person will have unstoppable laughing and spitting. I saw a young man laughing allnight by his own without anyone talking to him. I've asked the folks in the town "Waar what happened to kii yaraa ee ina Jaamac miyuu ku dhuftay?" People asked me what do you mean? I told them how come he is laughing allnight. That is when people told me "Waar Geed Cimraan buu ka dhergay."

That is when I inquired more about this naturally growing tree that is causing young men to hallucinate and nonstop laughing for hours. I've learned that Somalis did not know it until Chinese engineers who were building the highway between Beledweyne till Burao arrived in the late 1970s. The Chinese engineers found this natural plant that provides them some form of leisure since alcohol was rarely available in Somalia at that time, and the Somali emloyees who were working with the Chinese firm found something odd about the Chinese behaviour.

The Chinese were going to the bushes in the afternoon. And then they were coming back hallucinating and throwing endless laughing. That was when the Somali employees found out about nuts that Chinese engineers were going after and which tree they come from.

lt occurred to me the money that can be made from this tree by exporting it to overseas, but was afraid of the risk.
lool waxan u malaynayaa bahalkaad sheegaysaa waa Haafyuun.
Yusuf or others, can you describe this tree called Haafyuun?
Imika muuqaal ahaan Cayn uu ugyahay ma xasuusto oo dee 20 Sano kahor baa iigu danbaysay miyiga, dhirtiiba way iga masaxmeen. Laakiin geed hoosaad buu ahaa intan ka xusuusto, geed bagafsan oo aan jilbaha dhaafsiisnayn qodaxna lahayn buu ahaa. Laamihiisu nooc minal tomato tree oo kale ayey ahayen, alyacni waa geed dhuux biyooda oo aan laf adag lahayn. waa lagu sakhraamaa Hadii shaaha laguugu daro ama Si kale aad u cunto. Sakhrad aad uga duwan khamriga oo shabahda ta xashiishada oo kale. Bahalku waa opium aadbay Isugu muqaal dhaw yihiin .

kanadiid90
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby kanadiid90 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:49 am

dacar

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.