Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Racial confusion: No one believe im cushitic.

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Estarix
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Racial confusion: No one believe im cushitic.

Postby Estarix » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:50 am

Arent Persians, Greeks, Scythians and Italians indo european speaking? if you dont know go google it.
They picked up their language thousands of years ago from a wild steppe people whom invaded then subjugated and mixed with much of South Asia and Europe.

I thought Persians were like Arabs. you learn a new thing everyday wlh :lol:

did these people control all of Somalis or did the just control Muqdisho and other port cities?

you are right that Arab influence strengthened Somali and created the Ajuuran empire.
Well racially speaking Persians are partially indo European, the steppe people whom conquered them formed a ruling class and didnt have a very great impact genetically.
From what i know Indo Europeans didnt step a foot into Africa let alone Somalia. If your referring to early middle ages when Arabs and Persians colonized and built mogadishu, then in that case yes. The Arabs had a huge impact on Somalis, both north and south. They built the local towns (zeila, Mogadishu) which allowed us to trade and urbanise, influenced our language and culture, imported technology and tools which allowed us to farm and build .

inaXasan
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby inaXasan » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:34 am

Arent Persians, Greeks, Scythians and Italians indo european speaking? if you dont know go google it.
They picked up their language thousands of years ago from a wild steppe people whom invaded then subjugated and mixed with much of South Asia and Europe.

I thought Persians were like Arabs. you learn a new thing everyday wlh :lol:

did these people control all of Somalis or did the just control Muqdisho and other port cities?

you are right that Arab influence strengthened Somali and created the Ajuuran empire.
Well racially speaking Persians are partially indo European, the steppe people whom conquered them formed a ruling class and didnt have a very great impact genetically.
From what i know Indo Europeans didnt step a foot into Africa let alone Somalia. If your referring to early middle ages when Arabs and Persians colonized and built mogadishu, then in that case yes. The Arabs had a huge impact on Somalis, both north and south. They built the local towns (zeila, Mogadishu) which allowed us to trade and urbanise, influenced our language and culture, imported technology and tools which allowed us to farm and build .
yes but wasn't the Somali peninsula on the silk road since 400 BCE? Also didn't Somalia have ties with Greeks and Egyptians since 2000 BC. It was called 'The Land Of Punt' by the Egyptians and 'Land of the Berbers' by Greeks.

The Romans called it the land of cinnamon.

Also I believe Persia was close to Somalia long before Islam.

Somalis have a history before just the medieval times you know :up:

Estarix
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Estarix » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:51 am

yes but wasn't the Somali peninsula on the silk road since 400 BCE? Also didn't Somalia have ties with Greeks and Egyptians since 2000 BC. It was called 'The Land Of Punt' by the Egyptians and 'Land of the Berbers' by Greeks.

I'm not saying that Somalia didnt have a history before the medieval times. But that the Arabs and Persians brought with them new technology and tools in the medieval times.

inaXasan
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby inaXasan » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:06 am

I'm not saying that Somalia didnt have a history before the medieval times. But that the Arabs and Persians brought with them new technology and tools in the medieval times.
oh that's true no one can deny that.

JSL3000
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby JSL3000 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:03 pm

Greetings Mujaahidas wa Mujaahids!

wallaahi waa yaab!
Somalinet is a funny place!

A harari whose language is semitic and looks like a half cast arab...looks for comfort from Somalis : because no one believes he is negro!
Unbelivable!
He asks for comfort from the very same Somalis who claim they r Arabs (despite being as black as the darkest of nights)
and no one believes they r arab!

Hararboy...u r the best troller i ever came accross!

B.
An Oromo calling Somalis as black as the darkest of night :lol: :lol: .. Walle waa yaab.
:up: :up: Better not to waste your time commenting on many Snetters.
Well harari people claim they decendant of an arab from saudi arabia called Sheikh Abadir Umar Ar-Rida also known as Fiqi Umar and Abadir Musa Warwaje'le.
Adari " Harari " don't claim they are descendant of Aw Abadir. Omar Al Rida " nicknamed Aw Abadir" was the founder of Harar city, he came from Arabia around 612 A.D. Don't confuse him with Abadir Musse Warwajecli who count 12 - 13 names to Siad Barre clan.

P.S. There are plenty of tribes in Harar including yours.
I'm not confusing no one that's what is stated for harari people google search in wiki so obviously someone put it there who believes it, if it's false someone need to change it.

DR-YALAXOOW
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DR-YALAXOOW » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:11 pm

I dont even know what to identify as.
All my brothers and sisters all look like typical cushitic Highlanders but I ended up looking like a dirty Arab. When I went to the UAE a few years ago with my uncle when I was 18, Emiratis kept talking to me in Arabic and they were shocked when I told them I came from the horn.
I think Im adopted or there must have been a baby swap in the hospital where I was born :shock:
Im thinking of getting a DNA test.
If I find out I aint Cushitic but a dirty Arab, I think I might kill myself :evil:
so are you saying that you look Arab ?? yes. i would like to ask?n where you born also in Arab country too ? then probably your bioligical father is a Arab dude whit out knowing it. 8-) . i know a man born in saudi Arabia, and hes father look like typical Somalia. and he look like Arab saudi.. so guest what.. hooyadiis waxay ku walacday nin carab ahaa ee sacuudi ah :lol: :lol: and remember also there is no such race called cushitic.. actuallu cushitic is banch of langueges which people of horn of africa and east africa speak.. Dinkas in sudan are cushitc speakers.

Hararboy
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Hararboy » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:16 pm

I dont even know what to identify as.
All my brothers and sisters all look like typical cushitic Highlanders but I ended up looking like a dirty Arab. When I went to the UAE a few years ago with my uncle when I was 18, Emiratis kept talking to me in Arabic and they were shocked when I told them I came from the horn.
I think Im adopted or there must have been a baby swap in the hospital where I was born :shock:
If I find out I aint Cushitic but a dirty Arab, I think I might kill myself :evil:
so are you saying that you look Arab ?? yes. i would like to ask?n where you born also in Arab country too ? then probably your bioligical father is a Arab dude whit out knowing it. . i know a man born in saudi Arabia, and hes father look like typical Somalia. and he look like Arab saudi.. so guest what.. hooyadiis waxay ku walacday nin carab ahaa ee sacuudi ah :lol: :lol: and remember also there is no such race called cushitic.. actuallu cushitic is banch of langueges which people of horn of africa and east africa speak.. Dinkas in sudan are cushitc speakers.
:lol:

Revolutionary
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Revolutionary » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:49 pm

I would say Bin Amer, Bilen and Saho friends look Somali the most. I have not personally met Afar Eris.

The problem with Bin Amer and Saho is there isn't a lot to conclude a proper opinion but the few that I know look Somali the most especially Saho.

Bilen is quiet a lot compared to the other two but some of them look Beja.

Kebessa, Tigre and Jeberti look Habesha the most.

I would guess that you are Bilen, Saho or Bin Amer. Most likely Bilen or Bin Amer because Saho are bit more reserved where as the other two very well blend in with Somali community.

Most Eris and Somalis are close here and even many own businesses together.
Ah, makes sense now. Tbh, I'm suprise a Somali knows and can spot all Eritrean tribes. :shock: Very knowledgable. :clap:

:)

Djiboutian
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Djiboutian » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:11 pm

Well harari people claim they decendant of an arab from saudi arabia called Sheikh Abadir Umar Ar-Rida also known as Fiqi Umar and Abadir Musa Warwaje'le.
Adari " Harari " don't claim they are descendant of Aw Abadir. Omar Al Rida " nicknamed Aw Abadir" was the founder of Harar city, he came from Arabia around 612 A.D. Don't confuse him with Abadir Musse Warwajecli who count 12 - 13 names to Siad Barre clan.

P.S. There are plenty of tribes in Harar including yours.
I'm not confusing no one that's what is stated for harari people google search in wiki so obviously someone put it there who believes it, if it's false someone need to change it.
I never read Wiki. Anyone can write whatever he wants in it. No Adari has even heard of Abadir Musse Warwajecli. Why bother change something in wiki? The same person will come over after 5 minutes and edit it again.

The identity of Omar Al Radey " Aw Abadir " is well known.

Skippa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Skippa » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:13 pm

I dont even know what to identify as. :cry:
:snoop: So you think you're a farakh

Djiboutian
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Djiboutian » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:46 pm

dp

LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LobsterUnit » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:00 pm

Cushitic only exists on the net.go to Africa and say I am Cushitic.war Abaha wase qolomaad tahay baa lagu Oldhan.

JSL3000
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby JSL3000 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:16 pm

Cushitic only exists on the net.go to Africa and say I am Cushitic.war Abaha wase qolomaad tahay baa lagu Oldhan.
True story :myman:

Itrah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Itrah » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:31 pm

And in real life ''Semitic'' or ''Antisemitism'' only refers to Jews and not other people like Arabs.

The average person is pretty stupid. No need to base the world on their idiotic perspectives.
Your typical Farax also believes Sh.Isaaq and Sh.Jeberti were historic persons from the Middle East. :snoop:

InaSamaale
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby InaSamaale » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:55 pm

I got second hand embarrassment from OP just by reading this topic. :snoop:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.