Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Having Somali friends & education.

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
YummyMummy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Having Somali friends & education.

Postby YummyMummy » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:39 pm

Alxamdulillaah the main reason I chose my son's school is because it's literally outside our door. We used to watch him on the playground from our windows. It just so happens to also be an outstanding teaching school, with a substantial number of Somalis and Muslims, alxamdulillaah maa shaa Allah, but tbh if that weren't the case I'd still take him there, because it's on our doorstep and makes life easier for my family while I'm working.

Thuganomics
Location: Arguments gain nothing but resentment, Disscussion however creates learning

Postby Thuganomics » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:45 pm

My ones are in a predominantly white school,simply because of the area I live.In fact there is only one school in our city where there is a large Somali presence and even then they are not the majority.Laakiin like Skips and Blue said I'd much rather they hang out with their own kind,in fact on most weekends I go out of my way to take by boy to go and play with relatives and other Somali kids his age in another area.We just came back in from one of those trips when I seen this thread

MujahidAishah

Postby MujahidAishah » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:46 pm

^^^ sexiest!!!!! Why not take the girls :usure:

Thuganomics
Location: Arguments gain nothing but resentment, Disscussion however creates learning

Postby Thuganomics » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:53 pm

^^^ sexiest!!!!! Why not take the girls :usure:
I do now and again but she's still a little young

TheFuturist
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheFuturist » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:28 pm

Let's not generalise peeps. Some of the most educated, intelligent and hard-working people I know are Somalis.

Inaayah8

Postby Inaayah8 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:47 pm

Mybe .. Lakiin Maxa xintanka keenaya? Specially dhulkan gaalada ah waa inaan caruurteena isku xidhna Kaliya ka ilaali ilmaha saaqidka ah Lakiin Aniga waxan doorbidaya inuu ilmahaygu xafada kale oo Somali tago hadii oo saxiibkii amba ay saxiibadeed u tagayso instead reer gaalo oo khamri ka buuxo fridgekooga.
:lol:

Dumarku waa iska abuurtood I guess. Ma rabaan inay hebel hebel caruurtooda ay ka sareenyan their own kids, this is not always the case tho.

Inaayah8

Postby Inaayah8 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:49 pm

This is because some are losers who go to school not to learn, but waste time and get themselves in to trouble. It takes one bad apple to spoil the rest. That was the case in my high school. We had one prolific tuug at the start of my high school (not including the cadaan) and by the end of that year, I think roughly half of the Skinnies ended up taking tuugonimo as a hobby. I was embarrassed because of the guilt by association (u have the whole school that thinks all skinnies are tuugo, and fight).
:damn: :lol: some kids are easily influenced I guess

Inaayah8

Postby Inaayah8 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:56 pm

So Thug, Blue & Skips all agree

By the way Skips I love how you talk about your daughter, it's sooooo cute.

YM- Is looking for somethings that's near by & convenient because she's a hard working Mother Mash'Allah and she's just gangasta like that lol

Aishah-Is having non of it and she wants her children to be rolling with Kate Middleton's kids & no other.

GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GAMES » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:51 pm

Never ever, ever let your kids attend a school with more than 5% Somalis.

Let them be around cadaan, Asian and other successful students and they are more than likely to succeed themselves.

Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Throw me to the hyenas and I will return laughing as the pack leader.

Postby Adali » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:04 pm

:mindblown:

Since when is a gaal better influence on your child. Stay away from bad people in general but dadkaagi ha yasin.

MoAwr
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MoAwr » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:23 pm

well we've turned out alright, and just like my friend adali above eloquently said "throw me to the hyenas and i will return laughing as the pack leader" (in this case the geeljires)

SahanGalbeed
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby SahanGalbeed » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:41 pm

Somali kids are great, they're cute and smart . Something I can't yet define happens once they reach puberty :lol:

Estarix
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Estarix » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:33 pm

Huuno Somali hormaar lagama gaaro waa xassidin soocoda.

I am a parent that won't take my children to a Somali dominated school
I take my kids to a primary school where they are the only Somalis in class. There's about 3 Somali families in the whole school.

The other school down the road is full of Somalis the school is literally a zoo. When it's pick up time it's like a thrid world country you wouldn't think the school is England.
A French lady had to take her daughter because the council allocated that school for her child . She took her child out of that school it's a disgrace she snitched to Ofstead.

Somali women have been bugging my mum and aunt as to why I take my kids to a "cadaan" school because they take the kids on outings a lot :snoop:
I like how you described the place, a zoo. There's one in Birmingham where Somalis make up 60% of the demographic and it's also a zoo. I don't know if it's closed now, it was years since i've heard off it.
Somalis are better off studying in schools where the students are mixed, in my experience i found that they're far more successful that way.

gegiroor
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gegiroor » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:29 pm

Mybe .. Lakiin Maxa xintanka keenaya? Specially dhulkan gaalada ah waa inaan caruurteena isku xidhna Kaliya ka ilaali ilmaha saaqidka ah Lakiin Aniga waxan doorbidaya inuu ilmahaygu xafada kale oo Somali tago hadii oo saxiibkii amba ay saxiibadeed u tagayso instead reer gaalo oo khamri ka buuxo fridgekooga.
:up:

gegiroor
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gegiroor » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:46 am

I've noticed that a LOT of Somali waalidiin don't like their children hanging around with other Somali children, especially in high school.

Isn't it bizarre that they believe if their child hangs around with ajanabi's they are more likely to succeed academically?

Surely I can't be the only one who's noticed this trend?
If I ask you a question Inaayah, how do you know this? Are you a teacher in that school or perhaps have children of your own? Whatever the case, "addeer" Gegi sees that you're well-informed in this department :)

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.