Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

if this is true, i am off to eritrea!

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
CigaalSHiiDaaDCFC
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

if this is true, i am off to eritrea!

Postby CigaalSHiiDaaDCFC » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:21 am

Eritrean government asks men to marry at least two wives or face imprisonment

In the statement written in Arabic assures of government support to the polygamous marriages.

The activists translate it thus, “Based on the law of God in polygamy, and given the circumstances in which the country is experiencing in terms of men shortage, the Eritrean department of Religious Affairs has decided on the following .”

First that every man shall marry at least two women and the man who refuses to do so shall be subjected to life imprisonment with hard labour.

The woman who tries to prevent her husband from marrying another wife shall be punished to life imprisonment,
http://hotinjuba.com/eritrean-governmen ... risonment/

:damn: no sister left behind :dj: somalia/sland should do the same too :up:

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: if this is true, i am off to eritrea!

Postby gedo_gurl » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:40 am

Not true lol. Eritrea is Africa's N.Korea so anything people write about the country will be believed.

If it is true, well they're just trying to increase the Eritrean population so don't waste your air miles. Eritreans are nationalistic and if you're not from the 9 tribes, you're not marriage material over there.

GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GAMES » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:34 am

I thought Somalis would do this first, seeing that there are more Somali women than there are Farahs.

In my state alone, Xalimos got so desperate that they are flying Farahs from Kenya for marriage.

According to one Somali girl I talked to, 'there are just not enough men here in the US'.

#truestory.

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:42 am

not short in farah in our case but not marriageable. girls getting careers and education and most farahs want to tribal fadi ko dirir fights.

men mature late then it's too late for them to catch up.

GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GAMES » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:48 am

Thats also true Sheikh Hyper. According to a recent study, there are more Somali women with College/University degrees than there are men.

Men are falling way behind than women and its not just Somalis, but here in the US also.

For the first time in 2011, there were more women in post secondary than there were men in the US.

And u can imagine the gap has widened since then and we are in 2016.

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:58 am

it's in arabaha too. every household girls who support family. guys in somali club (nadi somali) smoking shisha and eating powder qaat!!

don't get me wrong, they mature later but by that time they already hit 25! then it's hard to catch up and want to migrate to west countries to start over. while getting their shit together they are hitting 35 and they want 19 years old to marry!! cause the one in their age already single mother with 3 kids!!

GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GAMES » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:40 am

Thats true and i am happy women are doing wonderful Masha Allah.

After centuries of men abusing and keeping them down, they are finally getting ahead of their oppressors.

:up:

:up

Hararboy
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Hararboy » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:43 am

One of my eritrean friends told me that it has to do with the fact that alot of young men are fleeing to Europe so the government is predicting tjat theres going to be a massive shortage of Eritrean men in the near future, just like in Syria.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.