Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Moral relativism gone AWOL or moral Aboulia?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
dhuusa_deer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby dhuusa_deer » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:02 am

Hey Stampz, why did you edit your post Confused

you said homosexuality was greater crime then murder. Explain yourself little girl.

Miss_Killa_Foodstampz
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen
Location: I am a Somalian. I love my country and have great hopes for it

Postby Miss_Killa_Foodstampz » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:08 am

Ha ila sheekeysan yarow

dhuusa_deer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby dhuusa_deer » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:11 am

[quote="Miss_Killa_Foodstampz"]Ha ila sheekeysan yarow[/quote]

fine but explain what you meant. that is all I'm asking.

u see to the rest of the world, murder is infinetly greater crime. Homosexuality doesn't physically threaten your life, does it? so why do you say homosexuality is greater crime?

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:17 am

Dhuuso--In the midst of your none consistent long rhetorics of empty repartee`, you failed to gain any credit to your arguements.The moment you chickened out to declare homosexuality is unnatural- you lost your credibility right there! Here is a philosophical wanna be dude-- who starts his paragraph debate with the valid comparison of two evils, conflicted & indesicive about which one is the lesser evil in the eyes of, well....somalineters?(Homosexuality or The Somali Moryaan war lords?) Although i concur with your point of reasoning that Somalis seem to loose focus in their priorities,that they seem to be more passionate of a social issue such as an abnormal sexuality-rather than the necessity of their livelyhood; Somalia! Sure the point you raise has sort of a great potion of validity, but you lost it by being inconsistent;which i can attest is due to your 'concern' of being perceived a homosexual yourself, thereby in fear of suffering the wrath that they seem to dedicate to poor Afdhere.At least i respect our queen to be forth right, i can look out for him in his flamboyant atiredl but you-Sir--assuming Afdhere is not your other nick--are 'unknown'! You--we live in a modern society where you assimilate or you migrate! Knowing this concept, your next step is to practice your right; the right to pick which society' you want to live among.For Somalinet society--qabil rules, & homosexuality does not; as evident of your own 'caution' move of declaring it 'unnatural'.Axlaan raised the same point--whats the essence of your long basically passionate arguments of seemingly defending or at least---de-sensitising homosexuality by comparing it to murder villains of wars lords & Marexaans lords only to contradict yourself in the end! Ironic? Yes, or maybe your subconscious need to protect WHO you are is more powerful than your need to covert it! You either belong to one fence or the other.One team or the other. Laughing Laughing Laughing

dhuusa_deer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby dhuusa_deer » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:53 am

Basra,

I will grant you that I may have contradicted my self in my opening post. I wasn't composed and was under duress when I wrote it. But I believe I made my arguement clearer in my following post.

I will glance over your risible attempt to imply that the intention of my post was to garner acceptance of homosexuality. It wasn't and I made that clear. Or that I being a closet homo myself. That is just is unacceptable but typical of somalis and low class debaters. Deal with subject I raised and not me. Me and what I stand for or am is inessential.

You say somalis as traditional society where qabiilism rules and homosexual is viewed as a major sin. I agree and not contesting that.

I'm asking why is homosexuality -- a sexual lifestyle not directly or indirectly threat to LIFE -- gets the brunt of our moral outrage while actions and behaviours that DO threaten LIFE like warring, rapes, starvation, looting and pillaging, poverty, iliteracy hardly ever get our moral hacles bristled?

I understand that Islam and somali culture consider homosexual unacceptable. But doesn't somali culture and religion consider killing, raping, pillaging, looting, starving unacceptable as well? If so, what gives in our reaction to homosexuality and what is taking or is in eminent threat to life back home on daily basis?

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:17 pm

"I'm asking why is homosexuality -- a sexual lifestyle not directly or indirectly threat to LIFE -- gets the brunt of our moral outrage while actions and behaviours that DO threaten LIFE like warring, rapes, starvation, looting and pillaging, poverty, iliteracy hardly ever get our moral hacles bristled?"

....... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ......

Ok...here we go--Let me force myself to be intellectual! Sad

Well basically a simple answer to your Question--is FEAR. Fear of the unknown.Although this lifestyle is NOT directly or indirectly a threat to Somalis--physically i mean--as opposed to threats LIFE like warring, rapes, starvation, looting and pillaging, poverty---still it is a threat to mental psychic of Somalis.Somalis are humans--in case that fact escaped you.Sure their skinny height & long foreheads might validly mistake them for good looking Camels--still they are after all,vunerable, average humanbeings.They are people who have suddenly found themselves in a different 'society' where as i told you before--rules are different.Had there been living here among the violence you violently listed--it would have been an issue i am sure.But they are not- Somalis live in the comforts of nice houses(I hope), comfortable fire parlor, nice blankets, prodigious bed rooms, comfy good book readings & maybe a nice romantic Tv viewing with loved ones where tissues are passed on & tiny cryings could be heard.Ooops I am sorry, i am talking about my life; anyway the point is--Somalis react to this lifestyle soley because its something they are not accustomed to,this fear that they might become HOMOS also looms in their simple, none complicated, uneducated brains.Of course-- they will react in such a way--what other option do they have?Take an example -if you read History--When AIDS was first reported-- people ran from infected ones--1000 miles away in fear of being infected themselves.Its ignorance I suppose.Someone who is not threatened as Like yourself i am sure-- is someone who is not ignorant & is secure about himself.Someone who knows they exist--everywhere yet ignores them.In an ideal world--that is the right reaction.But we are faced with simpletons who must react the best way they know how, & the rest of us who are educated----WE laugh at the highly becoming comedy!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

dhuusa_deer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby dhuusa_deer » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:49 pm

Basra,

I'll respond in detail later

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.