Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Relationship Topic - Preference or Prejudice?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
waayeel101
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Anigoo dhar cad soo ma dhuuman karee dhurwaayow ma soo hagoogtaayeey

Re: Relationship Topic - Preference or Prejudice?

Postby waayeel101 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:59 am

waxan somaliyad ahayn iguma baxdo.

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:06 am

waxan somaliyad ahayn iguma baxdo.
3onsori :lol:

waayeel101
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Anigoo dhar cad soo ma dhuuman karee dhurwaayow ma soo hagoogtaayeey

Postby waayeel101 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:23 am

lol hyper, when I was a teenager i used act like all somali girls as if they are my sisters. now if i saw the most beautiful girl in the world, if she is not somali i am like hmm she's alright and i keep walking. no second look.

بعض الشباب ما صدقوا انه بنت اجنبية معطيهم وجه. يقوم يحتقر جماعته

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:24 am

:lol: :lol: i remember these days, i thought all of them menal jama3ah.

Sumubaridi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sumubaridi » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:43 am

:lol: :lol: i remember these days, i thought all of them menal jama3ah.
For some reason, Most Somali girls who have seen married to Muslim Converts seem to be happy. Maybe they are hiding their misery because Somalis do not feel sorry for a girl who has married ajnabi even if she gets beat up. Hadii ay soo calaacasho, somalida would be like, oo maxaad kuugeeyay qooqaaga. Mac Sonkor .

BVSNet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BVSNet » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:40 pm

When does having a preference for fellow Somalis become prejudistic? Is turning someone who is otherwise (personality, looks and values) compatible simply because they are not Somali justifiable? Does it just mean that you are narrow-minded and backward?
wax aad taqaanid guurso wax la yaqaan hakuu dhalaanee.
:up:

Nin somali ah wax dhaame ma leh.Qof aad is fahmaysan ood isku dhaqan tihin.
Yeah, not to have Somali kids, not speaking in af Somali, though we don't even usually speak on Somali on bloody Somalinet but still, we have the option.

Just be honest with yourself (and everyone else) and come out and say you are smitten with an ajnabi guy :krs:

Why the pretentiousness?

No I'm not, I've never given one the chance

Gaashaanle1000
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Gaashaanle1000 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:51 pm

Only Somali for me, and yes my wife is Somali.

I can't be bothered with the headache of dealing with another culture, even if the person you marry is compatible with you, their family is another story. Why should I put myself through that kind of drama?

Nope, Somalis for Somalis, that's how I see it!

CountessOmer1

Postby CountessOmer1 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:02 pm

I think if we were truly honest with ourselves as human beings we would come to the realisation that any wholly uncompromising, steadfast, and highly resolute personal preferences of any kind are infact tinged with pockets of often subconscious prejudice.

For instance, this staunch and unwavering desire to marry a fellow Somali brother alone is not only a personal/cultural preference but it also has a lot to do with having the distinctive kiss of the fear of the unknown. Which incidentally can provide the seeds upon which potential prejudice can fruit. However, we have every right to exercise our personal freedoms with regards to choice. The real question therefore-is whether or not an otherwise reasonable and rational human being is perfectly content with writing off huge swathes of potentially eligible candidates for the sole purpose of being non-Somali?

Personally, I've made peace with this being a dedicated believer of the philosophy "Tis better to sleep with the Devil you know, then the Devil you don't". What can I say? I like my life how I like my men, easy.

Still, never say never. A reincarnated Clark Gable might bump into me one of these days whilst in line for Starbucks Chai tea. LOL

BVSNet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BVSNet » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:08 pm

I think if we were truly honest with ourselves as human beings we would come to the realisation that any wholly uncompromising, steadfast, and highly resolute personal preferences of any kind are infact tinged with pockets of often subconscious prejudice.

For instance, this staunch and unwavering desire to marry a fellow Somali brother alone is not only a personal/cultural preference but it also has a lot to do with having the distinctive kiss of the fear of the unknown. Which incidentally can provide the seeds upon which potential prejudice can fruit. However, we have every right to exercise our personal freedoms with regards to choice. The real question therefore-is whether or not an otherwise reasonable and rational human being is perfectly content with writing off huge swathes of potentially eligible candidates for the sole purpose of being non-Somali?

Personally, I've made peace with this being a dedicated believer of the philosophy "Tis better to sleep with the Devil you know, then the Devil you don't". What can I say? I like my life how I like my men, easy.

Still, never say never. A reincarnated Clark Gable might bump into me one of these days whilst in line for Starbucks Chai tea. LOL
You write like Soph

I agree with you. Never say never but probably never

gegiroor
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gegiroor » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:33 pm

In my book a decent Muslima is the way to go. We (Somalis) have always married from Arabs and South Asian Muslims, so to me I wouldn't discriminate if I come across a decent, pious Muslima.

gegiroor
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gegiroor » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:18 pm

Phinks
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Phinks » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:39 pm

Wow, Snet actually had a civilised discussion on the topic of interracial marriage without tearing each other to shreds. So proud of you all. :wow: :lol:

One thing I've noticed about those who tend to marry out have shitty life circumstances and they think that by marrying a ajanabi that it's going to magically solve all their problems. Then they get surprised and confused a year down when they're back home with Hoyo.

OP, who the hell is your friend? They called you a racist? What the fuck. Also notice how when one excercies his or her preferences for ajanabis, they expect to be respected and are generally applauded for it but as soon as a person claims they prefer their own, you're branded a "RACIST".

In the grand scheme of things, I have no problem with interracial marriage on a small scale. In fact, I find it quite desirable to an extent. However, it should be noted that there is a difference between

A) I hate my people, culture, skin colour and everything about myself. I'm going to marry out because "Muh preferences"

As opposed to

B) I'm proud of who I am and I love my people but it seems Allah had a different plan for me. Circumstances have not enabled me to find and marry a fellow brother/sister. But I'm happy now alxamdulliah.

First example: :down:

Second example: :up:

And if you're going to marry out, for the love of god don't marry the bottom of the barrel scum. One thing that is the downfall of all this. Have standards. :snoop:

On a personal note, I can't stomach the idea of having ajanabi kids. Just the thought makes my stomach churn.

lifeisbloodyhard
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby lifeisbloodyhard » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:49 am

Wow, Snet actually had a civilised discussion on the topic of interracial marriage without tearing each other to shreds. So proud of you all. :wow:

One thing I've noticed about those who tend to marry out have shitty life circumstances and they think that by marrying a ajanabi that it's going to magically solve all their problems. Then they get surprised and confused a year down when they're back home with Hoyo.

OP, who the hell is your friend? They called you a racist? What the fuck. Also notice how when one excercies his or her preferences for ajanabis, they expect to be respected and are generally applauded for it but as soon as a person claims they prefer their own, you're branded a "RACIST".

In the grand scheme of things, I have no problem with interracial marriage on a small scale. In fact, I find it quite desirable to an extent. However, it should be noted that there is a difference between

A) I hate my people, culture, skin colour and everything about myself. I'm going to marry out because "Muh preferences"

As opposed to

B) I'm proud of who I am and I love my people but it seems Allah had a different plan for me. Circumstances have not enabled me to find and marry a fellow brother/sister. But I'm happy now alxamdulliah.

First example: :down:

Second example: :up:

And if you're going to marry out, for the love of god don't marry the bottom of the barrel scum. One thing that is the downfall of all this. Have standards. :snoop:

On a personal note, I can't stomach the idea of having ajanabi kids. Just the thought makes my stomach churn.
No need to call people scum laakin everything else.. :up:

Phinks
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Phinks » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:08 am

I dunno man. Most interracial marriages of the Somali men and women I've seen tend to marry the qashiin from other communities. Just saying, for the guys if you're gonna marry out, go for becky the accomplished lawyer, not Samantha the hoe. And for the girls, get Jacob the doctor, not Matthew who "converted" in prison and has a past history of drug and substance abuse.

These guys are legit though. Notice how the brother is actually not that bad looking, looks to be a pious and practising Muslim? This I approve of. :up:

lifeisbloodyhard
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby lifeisbloodyhard » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:12 am

I dunno man. Most interracial marriages of the Somali men and women I've seen tend to marry the qashiin from other communities. Just saying, for the guys if you're gonna marry out, go for becky the accomplished lawyer, not Samantha the hoe. And for the girls, get Jacob the doctor, not Matthew who "converted" in prison and has a past history of drug and substance abuse.

These guys are legit though. Notice how the brother is actually not that bad looking, looks to be a pious and practising Muslim? This I approve of. :up:
You're so judgemental but you're entitled to your own opinion.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.