Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Relationship Topic - Preference or Prejudice?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
BVSNet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Relationship Topic - Preference or Prejudice?

Postby BVSNet » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:29 am

When does having a preference for fellow Somalis become prejudistic? Is turning someone who is otherwise (personality, looks and values) compatible simply because they are not Somali justifiable? Does it just mean that you are narrow-minded and backward?

Sauron
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Relationship Topic - Preference or Prejudice?

Postby Sauron » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:32 am

nothing but Somali woman for me :blessed: even the qumayos :blessed:

is you found some ajanabi? it's ok sister most of us don't judge lol

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:40 am

LOL. I thought this was the title of a novel. Sounds like a Leo Tolstoy novel. I think Jane Austin had also a similar title.

From my experience and perspective, I think preference is a very short-term, initial feeling which will wither. Prejudices prevail even after thirst has been quenched. Preferences is often underpinned by short term wants ( a kind of biological mating compass ).

The above is also gendered where societies often mock the preferences of women while - at least for awhile- applauding the preferences of males.

I really don't care and I have an open mind on this kind of issues so I would say preference but many societies are subjects/slaves of the prejudice bug.

BVSNet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BVSNet » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:43 am

nothing but Somali woman for me :blessed: even the qumayos :blessed:

is you found some ajanabi? it's ok sister most of us don't judge lol
Why nothing but Somali?

Say you meeting Girl A - you are attracted to her, she has the qualities you like in a human being and scores a 9 out of 10 in the qualities you measure, she's ajnabi. Girl B - a Somali, still decent but just decent scores a 6 out of 10 in all categories, you can see yourself having your okay-ish life with her. Who do you call?

As for your question no, there isn't a specific ajnabi I just never go there. There are lots and lots and lots of ajnabis around me and no matter what I have an aversion to them when it comes to it. My friend says I'm racist, which is the wrong term, it would make me prejudiced and I am actually very open-minded but apparently not with the ethnicity of Mr. BV which might be a concern, depending on how you look at it

Thuganomics
Location: Arguments gain nothing but resentment, Disscussion however creates learning

Postby Thuganomics » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:44 am

I have a fetish for Somali women.
Qumayos excluded :arrow:

BVSNet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BVSNet » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:45 am

LOL. I thought this was the title of a novel. Sounds like a Leo Tolstoy novel. I think Jane Austin had also a similar title.

From my experience and perspective, I think preference is a very short-term, initial feeling which will wither. Prejudices prevail even after thirst has been quenched. Preferences is often underpinned by short term wants ( a kind of biological mating compass ).

The above is also gendered where societies often mock the preferences of women while - at least for awhile- applauding the preferences of males.

I really don't care and I have an open mind on this kind of issues so I would say preference but many societies are subjects/slaves of the prejudice bug.
You Sir are an outlier so I wouldn't compete with your level of open-mindedness

You're married anyway so it's too late to discuss :lol:

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:49 am

You Sir are an outlier so I wouldn't compete with your level of open-mindedness

You're married anyway so it's too late to discuss :lol:
Did you read what I wrote, or are you prejudiced regarding what I wrote to the extent that you did not even read? :lol:

Should I take that as a compliment? But I am being analytical. My approach is to trust my heart (mostly short-run) over my mind ... but many people -in particular younger people- do not have that option.

Thuganomics
Location: Arguments gain nothing but resentment, Disscussion however creates learning

Postby Thuganomics » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:52 am

Waa only 1 down still have sedex boos to go

Sauron
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sauron » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:54 am

@BV

I have my own reasons as to why I would only marry a Somali woman, mainly concerning about my future kids..half/half is a no no for me tbh :meles: .

and I can always wait for 9/10 or 10/10 Somali girl, I have a got time with me in that department :pac:

Inaayah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Inaayah » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:54 am

I would choose an average Somali man over a ajanbi who scores a 9 in every category, only because with the Somali man, caruurtayda u baqi maayo inu some foreign country la baxsandoono.

BVSNet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BVSNet » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:55 am

Should I take that as a compliment? But I am being analytical. My approach is to trust my heart (mostly short-run) over my mind ... but many people -in particular younger people- do not have that option.
You test the limits to an extent that is beyond my comfort level.

Are you saying that it's better to trust your heart over your mind?

All eyes can roam and there are 4 in a marriage

zumaale
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby zumaale » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:01 pm

I would choose an average Somali man over a ajanbi who scores a 9 in every category, only because with the Somali man, caruurtayda u baqi maayo inu some foreign country la baxsandoono.
:clap:

As for the topic, meh. Marry whatever my heart fancies as long as the woman understands that any kids that come out of her will Beesha Haplogroup T and will be sent to the Badiyo/Mii for them to be acquainted with their Tol.

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:02 pm

You test the limits to an extent that is beyond my comfort level.

Are you saying that it's better to trust your heart over your mind?

All eyes can roam and there are 4 in a marriage
:lol: I have age (wisdom), dough and being the right gender on my side. So I can make choices dictated by my heart. I always go for heart instead of mind. But that does not mean everyone can do it. Many do not have the liberty of taking independent decisions. We are creatures of our context, call it institutional bondage. Thus for many, all roads lead to the mind and the long term impact of decisions should not be discarded.

BVSNet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BVSNet » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:02 pm

:lol: that's exactly what I think to myself whenever I get approached by one

@BV

I have my own reasons as to why I would only marry a Somali woman, mainly concerning about my future kids..half/half is a no no for me tbh :meles: .

and I can always wait for 9/10 or 10/10 Somali girl, I have a got time with me in that department :pac:
So of all the human beings out there you believe there is one that you will find to be a 9/10 or 10/10 who will be available and who will be interested in you and who will be one of the however many million Somalis there are and who you will meet in person during your lifetime and in the meantime any other 9/10 or 10/10 out of the billions of other humans that you meet from any other ethnicity you will turn down?

I am not a statistician but the odds don't look good walaal.

ps as a man how can you even be complaining about half and half, your kids will be whatever you are, it's us ladies that lose out

BVSNet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BVSNet » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:08 pm

:clap:

As for the topic, meh. Marry whatever my heart fancies as long as the woman understands that any kids that come out of her will Beesha Haplogroup T and will be sent to the Badiyo/Mii for them to be acquainted with their Tol.
What if she doesn't understand the cultural nuances? Doesn't ask your guests if they want something to drink, doesn't speak any Somali, isn't impressed with your miyi idea because her culture has more of a written record. No matter how many times you correct her she pronounces it as 'Deer' instead of Dir

:lol: I have age (wisdom), dough and being the right gender on my side. So I can make choices dictated by my heart. I always go for heart instead of mind. But that does not mean everyone can do it. Many do not have the liberty of taking independent decisions. We are creatures of our context, call it institutional bondage. Thus for many, all roads lead to the mind and the long term impact of decisions.
Ah, you have the luxury of being able to do whatever you want without consequence.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.