Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Relationship Topic - Preference or Prejudice?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Sauron
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Relationship Topic - Preference or Prejudice?

Postby Sauron » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:12 pm

@BV

you're making it sound so complicated :lol: no faan but the odds are looking good :MJ:

true you ladies have it worse when it comes to 1/2 kids but that doesn't mean a man can't be against it.

zumaale
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby zumaale » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:21 pm

What if she doesn't understand the cultural nuances? Doesn't ask your guests if they want something to drink, doesn't speak any Somali, isn't impressed with your miyi idea because her culture has more of a written record. No matter how many times you correct her she pronounces it as 'Deer' instead of Dir

On a serious note, marrying an Ajnabi is complicated if one seeks to return home at some point in the future or has a strong attachment to family however distant :lol: . I could imagine her saying 'why do we constantly have so many guests staying with us?' when distant relatives visit or 'why do you have to send money to so and so?'. However, one can also not rule out that Laaff and an accommodating dabicaad in an ajnabi woman can bring about a joyous marriage. Not easy to find those type of gems though so it is better to play it safe and stick to what you know; a voluptuous baati wearing, canjeero/laxoox cooking Xalimo.

CigaalSHiiDaaDCFC
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby CigaalSHiiDaaDCFC » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:33 pm

Soomaalidii ayaaba is fahmi la' waba ajnabi.

MujahidAishah

Postby MujahidAishah » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:39 pm

Somali men all the way

Still doesn't mean I'm not going to look at an ajanabi hottie like the one I saw at the gym ya salaam the six pack the fade the caramel skin with light eyes

:lawd:

TheFuturist
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheFuturist » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:22 pm

When does having a preference for fellow Somalis become prejudistic? Is turning someone who is otherwise (personality, looks and values) compatible simply because they are not Somali justifiable? Does it just mean that you are narrow-minded and backward?
BV if only you were 10 years younger :whew:

TheFuturist
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheFuturist » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:25 pm

Somali women all the way. Its the Somali genes... combination of caramel/chocolate skin and black curly hair and Muslim :blessed:

If she speaks good af Somali and is ambitious that's even sexier :whew:

BVSNet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BVSNet » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:55 pm

At this rate I think we could give the Japanese a run for their money.

BV if only you were 10 years younger
Okay now that I am actually getting on in age, I've become sensitive about it so be nice at least while I adjust.

InaSamaale
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby InaSamaale » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:57 pm

At this rate I think we could give the Japanese a run for their money.

:lol:

A couple years ago, always thought if they're a "good Muslim" - that's all that should matter. It's not that simplistic though, particularly since most people carry some form of racial bias. So in some cases, preference is prejudice & in others it's not.

TheFuturist
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheFuturist » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:38 pm

BV if only you were 10 years younger
Okay now that I am actually getting on in age, I've become sensitive about it so be nice at least while I adjust.
Ok :meles:

Bella18
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Bella18 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:31 am

When does having a preference for fellow Somalis become prejudistic? Is turning someone who is otherwise (personality, looks and values) compatible simply because they are not Somali justifiable? Does it just mean that you are narrow-minded and backward?
wax aad taqaanid guurso wax la yaqaan hakuu dhalaanee.

AyeeyoH
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby AyeeyoH » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:58 am

wax aad taqaanid guurso wax la yaqaan hakuu dhalaanee.
:up:

Nin somali ah wax dhaame ma leh.Qof aad is fahmaysan ood isku dhaqan tihin.

Jabuutawi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Federal Republic of Soomali-Galbeed Capital of Dira Dhabe

Postby Jabuutawi » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:15 am

Just be honest with yourself (and everyone else) and come out and say you are smitten with an ajnabi guy :krs:

Why the pretentiousness?

AnigaiyoAdiga
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby AnigaiyoAdiga » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:48 am

LOL. I thought this was the title of a novel. Sounds like a Leo Tolstoy novel. I think Jane Austin had also a similar title.

From my experience and perspective, I think preference is a very short-term, initial feeling which will wither. Prejudices prevail even after thirst has been quenched. Preferences is often underpinned by short term wants ( a kind of biological mating compass ).

The above is also gendered where societies often mock the preferences of women while - at least for awhile- applauding the preferences of males.

I really don't care and I have an open mind on this kind of issues so I would say preference but many societies are subjects/slaves of the prejudice bug.
This. He's got a maskax on him. :up:

AnigaiyoAdiga
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby AnigaiyoAdiga » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:57 am

Waa only 1 down still have sedex boos to go
You wouldn't even be on here if I was your wife. You'd be sitting on a park bench somewhere re-evaluating your life.

You wouldn't even flirt with the idea of getting more wives as you'd think all women were crazy bitches and you just couldn't risk it.

:lol:

At least i'm not boring. :clap:

AnigaiyoAdiga
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby AnigaiyoAdiga » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:03 am

@BV

I have my own reasons as to why I would only marry a Somali woman, mainly concerning about my future kids..half/half is a no no for me tbh :meles: .

and I can always wait for 9/10 or 10/10 Somali girl, I have a got time with me in that department :pac:
Men always have time. :(

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.