Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

One of the largest and #1 most beautiful Masjids in Somalia/Somaliland

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
inaXasan
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: One of the largest and #1 most beautiful Masjids in Somalia/Somaliland

Postby inaXasan » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:15 pm

And I disagree!! big beautiful mosques have a very important role in Islam.

This was opened in 1616 exactly 400 years ago.

I'm sure there was poverty in Constantanople or whatever it was called back then but that didn't stop the Sultan from building this!!

Also, try to imagine how many kuffar gazed upon it and converted or atleast became interested in Islam? Islamic architecture is very beautiful and inspires people and We should celebrate Islamic architecture to the fullest.

I agree though... you can't build that without having basic things like water,education,food and shelter infact, many things come before that. A gigantic beautiful mosque/monument is on the top of the hierachy of needs pyramid.

Beer-Dilaacshe
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Beer-Dilaacshe » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:25 pm

wow Mashallah. beautiful mosque. who is the architect?
Faarax Mataan Burcaawi architect.

1nemansquad
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby 1nemansquad » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:20 am

i am againist huge expensive mosques. bal dadka tooksanaya mey iska siyan. mel laku tokado la waayi mahayo.
as i was looking at the building, i couldn't help but notice the little kids begging in front of it. feed the poor before building large beautiful masjids.

Sumubaridi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sumubaridi » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:57 am

And who is a saalaxa? Qabil name? I heard of Carab Salaax but didn't know they live in Burco.

Beer-Dilaacshe
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Beer-Dilaacshe » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:11 am

i am againist huge expensive mosques. bal dadka tooksanaya mey iska siyan. mel laku tokado la waayi mahayo.
as i was looking at the building, i couldn't help but notice the little kids begging in front of it. feed the poor before building large beautiful masjids.

Shut the hell up, there are beggars in everywhere even here In the West you will see them in every Masjid, but I think these ones are from Koonfur qaxootiga Koonfurta ee Burco ku nool.

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:16 am

those from koonfur don't deserve to be fed instead though?

you are right even here in Doha, will be worse in Ramadan, there are beggars in the malls but still not right thing to not feed them where majority are rich. two wrong don't make it right.

the good ba layka bartaa not the bad.

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:08 pm

1.3 million on a mosque? And there is a huge drought. As if there are a shortage of mosques in Somaliland/Somalia.

#Braindead Africans

Thuganomics
Location: Arguments gain nothing but resentment, Disscussion however creates learning

Postby Thuganomics » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:03 pm

1.3 million on a mosque? And there is a huge drought. As if there are a shortage of mosques in Somaliland/Somalia.

#Braindead Africans
When they planned it however many years ago
I don't think they knew there was gonna be a drought when it finished

1nemansquad
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby 1nemansquad » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:25 pm

Shut the hell up, there are beggars in everywhere even here In the West you will see them in every Masjid, but I think these ones are from Koonfur qaxootiga Koonfurta ee Burco ku nool.
instead of looking people with contempt, you should look at them with compassion instead of seeing people from Koonfur as your enemies, you see them as your potential friends and brothers.

that is why the Qur'an says ‘asa Allahu an yaj’ala baynakum wabayna allatheena ‘adaytum minhum mawaddatan waAllahu qadeerun waAllahu ghafoorun raheemun'

perhaps Allah swt will put between those you now feel animosity or enmity towards put between you and them love and Allah is all powerful and Allah is forgiving and merciful.

whitehartlane
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby whitehartlane » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:42 pm

very nice indeed mashallah...we definitely need city defining mosques...

still think mogadishu's mosque is the largest and has a wow factor like no other in somalia..

bosaso has a large mosque quit grand in pictures but is just a brick building in the middle of 100s of other brick buildings..could do with a large front and back park..

Beer-Dilaacshe
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Beer-Dilaacshe » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:47 am

instead of looking people with contempt, you should look at them with compassion instead of seeing people from Koonfur as your enemies, you see them as your potential friends and brothers.

that is why the Qur'an says ‘asa Allahu an yaj’ala baynakum wabayna allatheena ‘adaytum minhum mawaddatan waAllahu qadeerun waAllahu ghafoorun raheemun'

perhaps Allah swt will put between those you now feel animosity or enmity towards put between you and them love and Allah is all powerful and Allah is forgiving and merciful.
Thanks brother, I appreciated your advice :up: my sincere apology in shaa allaah I will make them my best friends and I will help them.

Brakenclaw

Postby Brakenclaw » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:05 pm

How do you know they are begging? It looks like its just some some kids waiting for their dad or mom to come out...

GalliumerianSlayer
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby GalliumerianSlayer » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:02 pm

Beautiful mosque indeed, well done Reer Burco. :up:

Raganimo
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Raganimo » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:06 pm

Reer burco are good, religious people.

Futurist
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Futurist » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:09 pm

Are those Somali women and children begging in the steps of the Masjid????? That is sad.
They are most likely Oromos.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.