Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ayn-al-hasad/jins/mental health

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Inaayah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Ayn-al-hasad/jins/mental health

Postby Inaayah » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:12 pm

So Life's topic about mental health and seeking a Sheikh's help got me thinking. Actually I've thought about this long before but anywho I wanted your thoughts on the subject of the evil-eye/jins and mental health.

First of all, the evil-eye exists in Islam and there's no debate about it. Knowing that the evil eye exists and that it can have immense impact on ones life, why do a lot of us take it so lightly?

A lot of people na jin ba gala and because a lot of non-Muslims don't believe in jins and the person who has a Jin inside them starts acting in a peculiar way, they straight away diagnosis it as a mental health problem. In the end what often if not always happens is, is that the person gets drugged up with all sorts of medication and ends up being practically a zombie or near enough.

I know that the best form of ruqyah is when it's done on yourself and I also know a lot of "sheikhs" make a living out of this practise but I really strongly believe that when people show signs of 'isku buuq' 'Isla hadal' they should revert back to the deen.

Anyway how do we differentiate between whether or not someone has been afflicted with ayn, has been possessed by a jin or a mental health problem?

YummyMummy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Ayn-al-hasad/jins/mental health

Postby YummyMummy » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:30 pm

Assalaamu calaykum hun :)

First of all, all these 3 afflictions are true, in the time of the Prophet SAW and now. There are muslims who deny it, but they are undisputed facts.

Secondly, just as these are true,mental illnesses are also true. It is important to recognise these too.

Thirdly, no matter their affliction, a person should use ruqya sharciya and mainly Qur'aan verses to treat our cure it. Either way, and if was truely ruqya sharciya, by the will if Allah it will become apparent and be treatable. If it is mental illness, it may improve but it is important the person seeks medical help too.

smooth
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby smooth » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:12 pm

Bilal Philips had an excellent book on this, he did this for his PhD thesis, read it many years ago, "the exorcism tradition in Islam" I think it was called, probably the best most comprehensive piece both Arab/English on that subject, he also interviewed 100 or so Exorcist.

The evil eye, Magic are both manifestation of Jin possession, the former being much worse to cure then the latter, the fast majority of those cases happen to non practising people, especially those that have been in that state for years

The only definitive way to know for sure is to have someone pious read over them, I have been in settings like this a few times were male jin with a strong male voice spoke from a women that was possessed, identifying these things are very easy from mental issues by reading Quran over the person, you will see it straight away.

Inaayah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Inaayah » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:21 pm

I get what u's lot are saying but check this

Kaba soo qaada there's a guy/girl acting out of character. Angry, fighting with everyone, has changed dramatically in character but their parents are jaahil in that they have no or very little knowledge on jin/sihir and ayn and they just check their child into a mental health institution, imagine dhibta ilmaha u imanaysa? They'll probably end up in a condition much worse. Kinda sad when you think about it, I mean the initial problem could have been resolved with Quran and natural medicines had they had knowledge on these subjects.

Inaayah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Inaayah » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:26 pm

I am all for therapy and TALKING about your problems but I'm 100% against popping anti-depressants iyo balaayo.

What are the positives of popping pills that are dangerously addictive?

Inaayah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Inaayah » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:28 pm

Oh and I only recently found out that jins will get judged exactly the same way as humans will on the day of Yomal Qiyaama.

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:48 pm

Horta the one thing I have the hardest time believing in is jinn possession. Is there even an instance in the sirah where the Nabi or Sahaba encountered or delt with possession of a person by jinn? It's so "common place" now that you would think the sirah would be littered with them dealing with it.

theyuusuf143
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: "Dareen naxli reeba iyo nolosha aan loo sinayn naftaaday dhaawacaan" by dhaglas

Postby theyuusuf143 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:49 pm

Goobtu waa goob lagu daawado ciyaaraga kubada cagta, waa Burco , dabaqa hoose ee Sabbada gabooye . Anigu badanaa kubada kuma xidhni laakiin habeenkaas xiisay ii lahayd waayo Ferdinand baa gool dhaliyey kama danbaystii, inta badan Ferdinand lagama filo inuu gool dhiliyo maadaama uu khadka difaaca ka ciyaaro.

Xiisaha kubada waxa ii weheliyey mijin xunoo 571 ah baan habeenkaa rifayey, taas oo uu indrkay ii qaaday. Cabaar kadib waxan u kacay xagaas iyo tawali oo yar aan adeer u ahaa kabadh jaad kulahaa, Si aan xoogaa biyo raacisa ugu khatimo. Meheradiisa waxa ka danbeeya makhaayad ay leedahay Gabadha shaah macaan. Kolkaan is yidhi Koob bigaysa dalbo ayaa waxa bilaabmay buuq iyo jaah wareer, Shaw gabadhii makhaayadaa suuxday.

dad baa leh "alla way kusoo noqdeen, Sheekh hebel hala doono, Waa insi kani jinni maaha" waxa baxaysa cajalad quraana oo kusii sug ah Intu Sheekhu imanayo. Inantii baa aflabadii qaylisay cod nin qoodha " waan ka baxaysaa, alla waan ka baxayaa" kuwo badh go,a oo murqaansan baa sidii saxaafada Su,aalo la boobay "kumaad tahay ?" Jikii haku muusanaabo "alla waa Hebel saaxibkii, alla been bay ii sheegtay, alla faryaro bidix baan ka baxaysaa".

Aniga waxa markaas xiiso gaara ii lahaa hebel ka jinku saaxiibka la ahaa, waayo hebelku waa nin akhyaara oo aanu hadeer kubada wada daawanayn markii Ferdinand goal ka dhalinayey.
Last edited by theyuusuf143 on Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:50 pm

I am all for therapy and TALKING about your problems but I'm 100% against popping anti-depressants iyo balaayo.

What are the positives of popping pills that are dangerously addictive?
There are psychotic people that need medication. There are also people who are severely afflicted by depression and other disorders. This is not a matter of belief but a matter of how should we better develop this type of medication.

Inaayah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Inaayah » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:54 pm

Horta the one thing I have the hardest time believing in is jinn possession. Is there even an instance in the sirah where the Nabi or Sahaba encountered or delt with possession of a person by jinn? It's so "common place" now that you would think the sirah would be littered with them dealing with it.
I've seen people who are possessed so I don't have a hard time believing that dadka way dhex galaan.

Watch YouTube videos, but you might not be able to sleep caawa.

Also I heard dadka ka baqda ayay galaan.

I'm not scared. :|
Last edited by Inaayah on Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gabre
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Gabre » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:55 pm

Knowing that the evil eye exists and that it can have immense impact on ones life
:dead: :dead: :dead:

Inaayah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Inaayah » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:00 pm

Knowing that the evil eye exists and that it can have immense impact on ones life
:dead: :dead: :dead:
Laugh all you want you jaahil. :roll:

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:01 pm

I've seen people who are possessed so I don't have a hard time believing that dadka way dhex galaan.

Watch YouTube videos, but you might not be able to sleep caawa.

Also I heard dadka ka baqda ayay galaan.

I'm not scared.
So what you are saying is it is psychological. :|

Btw, go back to my point, have you heard this in the sirah?

Bari14
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Bari14 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:22 pm

Anoher culture that takes the evil eye or "stink eye" seriously in their culture. Somalis and the southeastern pacific islands (Java Polynesia Philippines) with also miscarriage link.

The link between the loss of a child and dark magic is prevalent :lupe:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.