Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Young Somali men over-represented in British prisons

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
lifeisbloodyhard
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Young Somali men over-represented in British prisons

Postby lifeisbloodyhard » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:08 pm

So I was having a fag outside my house when I remembered something..

My neighbour's Somali friend who's 18-19 is serving a life sentence for Murder. He went down maybe a year ago. Why are we not doing anything to help these people? We don't intervene early to try and prevent them entering the prison system and when they do, we forget about them and let them rot in there. Da fuck? They are also part of our community. Even the families and relatives of these people are useless. They don't visit them etc.

:down:

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Young Somali men over-represented in British prisons

Postby Hyperactive » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:15 pm

even best of family have a limit. people cannot care you forever if you do not care for yourself. it's tiring after few years.

maybe it's good they reflect and come out learned something or two. at least they are not in the street risking other people's lives and theirs. some people prison is save place for every one.

lifeisbloodyhard
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby lifeisbloodyhard » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:18 pm

even best of family have a limit. people cannot care you forever if you do not care for yourself. it's tiring after few years.

maybe it's good they reflect and come out learned something or two. at least they are not in the street risking other people's lives and theirs. some people prison is save place for every one.
I get that but they don't even try to help them. They don't even give them one chance!

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:37 pm

do they want help though? cause my experience with justice system, says majority only want hlkp when they in troubl., once they got help, instead to get together they start right where they left off.

i believe every one deserves not only second chances but as long they need it but they dig themselves a hole that hard to get out or to be helped.

there is places you can back but killing and terrorizing others , that is next level.

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:41 pm

Gods will. :eat:

TheFuturist
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheFuturist » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:42 pm

So I was having a fag outside my house..
:holdup: :lol:

Sumubaridi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sumubaridi » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:44 pm

I get that but they don't even try to help them. They don't even give them one chance!
Why do you want to help a murderer? what guarantee do you have that, he is not going to kill you? You choose your destiny. If you want to go to prison, its your choice. Maybe they don't want to work and they want to get free food.

TheFuturist
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheFuturist » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:45 pm

Why are we not doing anything to help these people? We don't intervene early to try and prevent them entering the prison system and when they do, we forget about them and let them rot in there.
Why can't they behave themselves like normal people like every one else? Why do they commit crimes?

Having said that, police discrimination is a serious problem.

lifeisbloodyhard
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby lifeisbloodyhard » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:47 pm

Why do you want to help a murderer? what guarantee do you have that, he is not going to kill you? You choose your destiny. If you want to go to prison, its your choice. Maybe they don't want to work and they want to get free food.
That's just one young man. They are not all murderers. :roll:

lifeisbloodyhard
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby lifeisbloodyhard » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:50 pm

Why are we not doing anything to help these people? We don't intervene early to try and prevent them entering the prison system and when they do, we forget about them and let them rot in there.
Why can't they behave themselves like normal people like every one else? Why do they commit crimes?

I don't know why they commit crimes. You'd have to ask them. That leads me to my point: we never hear these people out. We just label them as criminals/ciyaalasuuqs/finish and then disown them.

You're right about police discrimination and even judges: our men get longer/harsher sentences/punishments for the same crimes as white people.

GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GAMES » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:54 pm

A Xalimo that smokes....

:holdup:

SahanGalbeed
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby SahanGalbeed » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:56 pm

Wa iska badaw . Qof waayo arag ah , limits kiisa ayuu garta . Kuwan badwadu "ego"/ faan aad u weyn bay leeyihiin , limits koodi bay gaadheen .
Wax alle iyo waxa iga galay baa isk yar .

Ultimately it comes down to personal responsabilty . Yes they may not have had parents that were educated or may be parents at all , but you gotta draw the line somewhere . Crime doesn' t pay , and do not count on your clan to bail you out . You're gonna do some serious time if you fuck with the Law . It usually start small and then they get more and more arrogant . Too bad , don't give a fuc,k !
Last edited by SahanGalbeed on Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Amira143
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Amira143 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:59 pm

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.. Meh :Shrug: if they're stupid enough to get caught up in that sort of lifestyle then.. Such is life. Who cares. Only help those who want to help themselves. That's my motto

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:01 pm

Wa iska badaw . Qof waayo arag ah , limits kiisa ayuu garta . Kuwan badwadu "ego"/ faan aad u weyn bay leeyihiin , limits koodi bay gaadheen .
Wax alle iyo waxa iga galay baa isk yar .
i agree, they think they are above gaalo/arabs , even they are lowest in the society.

mid yaro rer 3aseer ah ba la masaforiyey. Askari uniform qabo isku taagan " e masafiri, hoo haa, mahaad ika qaadi bla bla" wasted his mom's money on lawyers, but he refused the lawyer to represent him. kaa kibir kiisa hadad arki laheyn, kan ya garaa'a ko qaban laheyd. lol

badownimado wa dibaato.

Sumubaridi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sumubaridi » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:01 pm

I don't know why they commit crimes. You'd have to ask them. That leads me to my point: we never hear these people out. We just label them as criminals/ciyaalasuuqs/finish and then disown them.

You're right about police discrimination and even judges: our men get longer/harsher sentences/punishments for the same crimes as white people.
3 Things will tell you whether they criminals or will be criminals.

1) Smoking weed and Shiisha
2) Dressing up with their pants hanging down from their part and not shaving their head
3) Not praying the salah and not wanting to come to the mosque.

Any Somali who does any of those 3 is a criminal and need to go to jail for Murder. If he did not commit the murder yet, he will likely commit it in the future so he can as well go to jail now. Hada hayska siibilaabo.

Sorry but I have no feelings for people who do not want to be good Somali Muslims.
3)

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.