Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Duke And Duchess Of Gloucester Visit Borama 1958 - British Somaliland

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
RoobleAlWaliid
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Duke And Duchess Of Gloucester Visit Borama 1958 - British Somaliland

Postby RoobleAlWaliid » Tue May 24, 2016 5:48 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL6yGv-nE5o
Borama and Nabadid, all in Ethopia.

Scenes outside Borama Local Council offices. Various shots of Duke and Duchess arriving, of them alighting from car and entering building. Interior, Council in session with Duke addressed. LS.Duchess receiving bouquet. Duke presents gifts to elders and chiefs. Various shots of Sultans and Sheikhs in garden. Duke and Duchess walk around garden informally and meet local people making goodwill amongst them. Duke's car leaves for Nabadid. Scenes at Nabadid, where horsemen salute their Royal Highnesses with charge of horses. Duke presents four camels to Chief of Nabadid as a gift from the Queen. Duke and Duchess get into car and are driven away.
All in Ethiopia kulaha. :lol:

4:30 Starts scenes of Nabadid.

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Duke And Duchess Of Gloucester Visit Borama 1958 - British Somaliland

Postby Basra- » Tue May 24, 2016 6:51 pm

What a funny video to watch. :lol: They look absolutely horrified. But the good thing --the Ethiopians or Somalilands are beautiful people and the British aristocracy treasure beauty! :dj:

Thuganomics
Location: Arguments gain nothing but resentment, Disscussion however creates learning

Postby Thuganomics » Tue May 24, 2016 8:21 pm

^
Shut up fatso,seize and desist with your constant and never ending white worship

This was the occasion of Maxamud Haji Ismail's (Balaayo Cas) famous Aan Ooye Albaaka ii Xidha. An ode to the incababillity of removing an armed and determined cadow from one's lands
Talking to his brother Adan who wanted to go and see the spectacle Balaayo cas said to him:

"Awowgey ninkii indhaha tiray
Ninkii aabbahay addoonsaday
Ninkii ifka igu adduun tirey
Lidaan li’i baa ishaa i badee
Haddaan ogohoon ka aarsan karayn
Haddaan, Aadanow, unuunka jarayn!
Ninkaa araggiisa uurkaan ka nebcee
Aan ooyee albaabka ii xidha!"

LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LobsterUnit » Wed May 25, 2016 2:06 am

^
Shut up fatso,seize and desist with your constant and never ending white worship

This was the occasion of Maxamud Haji Ismail's (Balaayo Cas) famous Aan Ooye Albaaka ii Xidha. An ode to the incababillity of removing an armed and determined cadow from one's lands
Talking to his brother Adan who wanted to go and see the spectacle Balaayo cas said to him:

"Awowgey ninkii indhaha tiray
Ninkii aabbahay addoonsaday
Ninkii ifka igu adduun tirey
Lidaan li’i baa ishaa i badee
Haddaan ogohoon ka aarsan karayn
Haddaan, Aadanow, unuunka jarayn!
Ninkaa araggiisa uurkaan ka nebcee
Aan ooyee albaabka ii xidha!"

So that is where danyeers epic title threads come from.thanks for edmucation brother .

Thuganomics
Location: Arguments gain nothing but resentment, Disscussion however creates learning

Postby Thuganomics » Wed May 25, 2016 3:14 am

^
Yeah,Balaayo Cas was telling his brother Adan and his friends "Albaabka ii Xidha and let me weep in peace" after they knocked for him to come and see these so called "royal" family

Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Throw me to the hyenas and I will return laughing as the pack leader.

Postby Adali » Wed May 25, 2016 4:12 am

Basra and her worship of the british aristocrats is not shocking, women worship powerful figures, institutions. Even if her grandfather was castrated, beaten and had half of his wealth stolen as taxation which would be funnelled to this Duke, she would still be mesmerised by his power and gladly get on her knees and perform her duty.

But to men, this aristocrats are nothing but thieves, criminals that must be butchered and that is what the Sayid and many unaffiliated clans actually did, I support them.
Last edited by Adali on Wed May 25, 2016 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LobsterUnit » Wed May 25, 2016 4:12 am

^
Yeah,Balaayo Cas was telling his brother Adan and his friends "Albaabka ii Xidha and let me weep in peace" after they knocked for him to come and see these so called "royal" family
Thanks for the edmucation.

Can you do me a favour and please change my nick to lobster unit.

Thuganomics

Postby Thuganomics » Wed May 25, 2016 4:15 am

^

From Gaajounit to baastounit and now lobsterunit.What next cavier :lol:.Newayz PM FAH,that's his department

kanadiid90
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby kanadiid90 » Wed May 25, 2016 4:19 am

Thuganomics

Postby Thuganomics » Wed May 25, 2016 4:25 am

Awowgaa Balaayo Cas is rolling in his grave that you're posting about the man he wanted to gutt (Unuunka Jaro)

LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LobsterUnit » Wed May 25, 2016 4:28 am

^

From Gaajounit to baastounit and now lobsterunit.What next cavier :lol:.Newayz PM FAH,that's his department

Fah?that dude is busy deciding what Arab embassies' he is going to @ during Ramadan.

kanadiid90
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby kanadiid90 » Wed May 25, 2016 4:57 am

Awowgaa Balaayo Cas is rolling in his grave that you're posting about the man he wanted to gutt (Unuunka Jaro)
wa ruunta indr :cry: funny how cadaan buusy made niggas give cheetahs as gifts.. SMH

close the door aan ooye aniguna

ramzy2277
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby ramzy2277 » Wed May 25, 2016 5:45 am

I never understand the Habar Awals especially SM....some times ,they brag about being the first who sign treaty with the british and were content working seamen,domestic servants,clerks..etc with them,there is even a sub clan,dont know which call itself royal family :lol: ....and sometimes they want to cry alone and show utmost antipathy against the Britons......well, I remember a saying fits this situation was when the last Islamic arabic kindom had fallen in Andalus, the young king stood crying on a hill ,giving a farewell look at this fallen city ,then the king's mother looked at her son and said:

wail like women on a kingdom you didn't hold like men .

WardenOfTheNorth

Postby WardenOfTheNorth » Wed May 25, 2016 5:48 am

I never understand the Habar Awals especially SM....some times ,they brag about being the first who sign treaty with the british and were content working seamen,domestic servants,clerks..etc with them,there is even a sub clan,dont know which call itself royal family :lol: ....and sometimes they want to cry alone and show utmost antipathy against the Britons......well, I remember a saying fits this situation was when the last Islamic arabic kindom had fallen in Andalus, the young king stood crying on a hill ,giving a farewell look at this fallen city ,then the king's mother looked at her son and said:

Gaajo yoonis we signed treaties with the British because territories we hold on coast and inland to Harar are strategically important.Gaajo yoonis forever jealous of their superiors :snoop:

Thuganomics

Postby Thuganomics » Wed May 25, 2016 6:06 am

Gaajo yoonis we signed treaties with the British because territories we hold on coast and inland to Harar are strategically important.Gaajo yoonis forever jealous of their superiors :snoop:
Ramzy is HA SM though,so where does that leave you with your :snoop: emoticon

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.