Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Birth and Rise of Ittihad Wahabis among Somalis in H/Africa

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
COSTA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby COSTA » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:50 pm

Luudhi are u somalia horta

hada somali tahay af somali so qor

COSTA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby COSTA » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:55 pm

Last edited by COSTA on Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Law26
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby The Law26 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:58 pm

Ina Baxar

I think he portrayed Ittihad into two groups, the Buroa guys and the South, but which he claims the former to be now passive than the later, considering their respective environments. However, he claims that both share similar ideology of a unity Somali state (Somaliweeyn including NFD, Jibouti and Ogadenia) that they should lead.

He definately portrays Mogadiscio as a safe heaven for its members. I agree with you that sometimes the author exagerates, and contradicts himself. He claimed that they control nearly every powerful war-lord in Mogadiscio, and a majority support of the populace, I'm at lost wondering and asking myself, then, why are they incapable of running Mogadiscio alone?

How about Ittihad agenda in Somaliland?

Ina Baxar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Ina Baxar » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:12 am

The law , I seriously don't know anything about Al Itihad in Somaliland.
I didn't know anything about the various shaykhs that were cited in the article and I have never been to Burao{ since it appears the author says Burao is their main stronghold} However I can tell you there was some gardheers influence visible in Boroma , and according to the locals it was a new thing. I don't really know the time frame the author is here talking about Al itihad using the kalabaydh and that airport being without any official. When I first got in Somaliland , although I got there by vehicle , Kalabaydh was used by the Cigaal governement and was at all times served by officials from his governement. At the end of the inter Isaaq hostilities and when Hargeysa airport was reopened , kalabaydh become a land entry custom office and one of my cousins was even promoted to manage it.
Elements from various groups such as Al Itihad , must have followers within the Isaaq community , since not too long ago some where captured in Hargeysa after a gun fight with the police.

Gamadid.
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Gamadid. » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:31 am

Hey Law26, I will let you know after I read it. Give me sometime saxib.

Ina Baxar.

You must look like Oday. Can you imagine most grown ups address me as EEDDO or ADEER? War waa rune meesha ka guurso oo caruur dhal Laughing

Ina Baxar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Ina Baxar » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:34 am

War gamadiidow , wallahi I look like a kid . This gardheer guy , in my humble opinion spent too much time in one them Gulf state countries , hadalka hoos bu igu dhigayoo, waabu iga helay bey ila tahay Laughing

Gamadid.
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Gamadid. » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:41 am

Ina Baxar, The guy must have been concerned for you being single Laughing That is how I would see it if I was approached and the conversation went the way it did with you and him.

I usually give people the benefit of the doubt.

Ina Baxar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Ina Baxar » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:47 am

Okay , gamadid you might be right, but the thing is , isma naqaano, maxa ka galay isaga caruurtan dhalay and what not. Again , it shows you somalidu wey iska af dheer yihin . "Waa maqaadir alle " waxaasi wax qof aad garanayn lagu yidhaado ma aha Laughing Waaba iska habaar niyoow, xageeyga Laughing

Gamadid.
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Gamadid. » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:01 am

Hey Inabaxar, have you seen the movie "LOST IN TRANSLATION"? Laughing I think you two had a communication problem and some cultural differences.

Somalis don't understand privacy and staying out of people's business. For the most part, it doesn't mater whether they know you or not. I see such intrusive questions and approach as a somali trait and the fact that somalis assume automatically that if you are somali, everything about you should be open for others. Have you seen how we fight in these forums with somalis who left islam and want them to be like us? People like you and me who spent too much time outside the country may find such attitude of intrusiveness very suspicious.

Anyhow, the guy meant "qaddar alle" that your time of having kids was yet to come since you replied "no". Iit also means that he was too friendly to understand sometimes you don't talk to strangers no matter who they are so candidily about everything Laughing Laughing

Ina Baxar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Ina Baxar » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:05 am

Haaa, ma sidaasa , calaa ii xaal shaykh reer konfureed oo iska miskiin ah weeyan ba laygu yidhi , ileen sow maan so baadhin ninka intu wax iga iibshay habaar na ii racshay Laughing

The Law26
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby The Law26 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:20 am

Thank you Ina Baxar. I hope that we have other personal experiences of the Ittihad's in Somaliland, and that is why many shy away of making their point accross on this post.

Gamadiid

I'm waiting for your reply mate.

This post about Ittahad, who will be eventaually be Somalia's natural outcome as leadership. What do Somalis think about them?

TZ Somali
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TZ Somali » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:08 am

(The law) it fair to note although the concern of the extent of wahabis innfluence or al-itihad in Somalia tribal politics is genuine but it also has been exercibated to canvas political mileage, this hold true in Somaliland, Puntland and Somalia in general and the issue of wahabisim has been used to hide the failure of the current TNG goverment to bring various opposition groups into the goverment. With regard to the Somaliland goverment its my view their using the wahabism to canvas international support and recognition by creating a fake aura that their fighting with internation scouge of Islamic fundementalist terrorism therefore contributing positive to the war against so called Terror.
Last edited by TZ Somali on Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

qudhac-m
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby qudhac-m » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:06 am

[quote="Gamadid."]Hey Law26, I will let you know after I read it. Give me sometime saxib.

Ina Baxar.

You must look like Oday. Can you imagine most grown ups address me as EEDDO or ADEER? War waa rune meesha ka guurso oo caruur dhal Laughing[/quote]

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

gamadiid

Ina baxar is the male version of Kambuli (No offence) Laughing Laughing Laughing

Wuxuu gaadhay wakhtigii la isu qabanayay ee QASABKA LOOGU GUURIN JIRAY Laughing Laughing Laughing

Suldaan qudhac ina baxar ka D'A yar maygaag

Ina Baxar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Ina Baxar » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:03 pm

Laughing Laughing , okay qudhac , I am actually quite honoured to be compared to Kambuli , eventhough I know , waxaad ka wada inaaney dacaayad mooye wax kale ahayn .

Xplosive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Xplosive » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:10 pm

Al Itixaad are a bunch of crazy fukks. I am happy we kicked them out of sanaag.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.