Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yemeni-Somali marriages

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Jabuutawi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Federal Republic of Soomali-Galbeed Capital of Dira Dhabe

Re: Yemeni-Somali marriages

Postby Jabuutawi » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:52 pm

Women who are eager to share online whom they want to marry lack a level of sophistication. I suspect they feel they hit the jackpot with a non-Farax (smh).

You won't hear me talk incessantly about whom I date -- from blondes to Somali girls -- that is no big of a deal to me. In fact, as far back as in high school they actually proposed marriage!

Keep your personal life to yourself.

Estranged

Postby Estranged » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:55 pm

What a pathetic cretin. Go take your nonsense to ummah forums.
Why are you so hurt? :ohhh:

Calm down.

:whoa:

Estranged

Postby Estranged » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:56 pm

Yes. Lovely people, may Allah (Swt) bless them. :up:

Estranged

Postby Estranged » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:57 pm

Ain't nothing but love for my ppls from yemen. .and for all this nonsense having little mali ppl warra stop complaining and get yours.all that crying ain't good look for ragena...ps I got family who are absame who are half yemane. The problem family
Lol. Sarcasm?

Estranged

Postby Estranged » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:11 pm

I have a friend who is married to a Yemeni from Somalia. Her family only speaks Somali so they're pretty much culturally Somali.

But I would never marry my daughter off to a Yemeni from mainland Yemen. Or any other Arab for that matter. It's a lie when people claim that we are culturally similar. We are definitely not.

Expect you future husband up be very controlling, even violent, and your future mother in law to be very involved in your marriage. Also, expect him to not lift a finger to help you around the house and not allow you to go see your family.

Somali girls are too damn naive. Wallahi every single Somali girl that I know who married Arab or Kurd, it ended in a disaster. My own cousin was divorced less than year after she was married because her Arab husband would beat the crap out of her.

These girls get lost in the prospect of having "exotic" children and a "romantic husband" that they can parade to their friends and do not think past the honeymoon phase.

What's the difference between a Yemeni whose family is from Somalia, and one from mainland Yemen?

I agree with you, there is a truth to the stereotype of the controlling Arab man. What makes you think I'm a sister though? (I might end up giving away what I am, almost slipped up a few times replying to posts. Rofl).

Don't you think people raised in the West are more chilled and open minded than those raised in the East anyway? So if someone were to marry an Arab raised in the West they wouldn't be as controlling as their Eastern counterparts? (There are obviously exceptions on both sides).

Besides, marrying a Somali man doesn't guarantee that you won't have a controlling, abusive husband. I know Somali men who beat their wives and oppress them, one of them ended up divorcing the guy. But the bigger problem among our people is neglect. Men who up and leave their family and live elsewhere. Cajeeb wallaahi.

We all have issues, but at the end of the day we pray to Allah (Swt) to protect us and bless us with a good spouse. You may be running from one thing and you end up running into it or maybe even something worse.

Estranged

Postby Estranged » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:16 pm

this MF is back with his calaacal of can I marry yemni, can i marry moracan, can i marry barawe blala bla. MODS ban him again
I see. But nope, you have the wrong person. And 'can I'? LMHO, who's asking for your permission? Get off your high horse abaayo, no one lives waiting for your verdict.

Estranged

Postby Estranged » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:21 pm

Women who are eager to share online whom they want to marry lack a level of sophistication. I suspect they feel they hit the jackpot with a non-Farax (smh).

You won't hear me talk incessantly about whom I date -- from blondes to Somali girls -- that is no big of a deal to me. In fact, as far back as in high school they actually proposed marriage!

Keep your personal life to yourself.
I am anonymous. You wouldn't catch me going on about this in real life, besides, perhaps, a passing mention. Online I can say whatever, if you meet me IRL you won't even know it was me. :up:

And astaghfirullah, keep your sins hidden.. Can't believe you're proud of that.

PureQ
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby PureQ » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:37 pm

Why don't you marry a fulani?

Estranged

Postby Estranged » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:03 am

Why don't you marry a fulani?
Why? Are you Fulani?

PureQ
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby PureQ » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:39 am

Why? Are you Fulani?
You said
I genuinely want to marry a Yemeni, but I know my family will be against it. :(
Why do you want to marry Arabs? What is wrong with marrying your own or from sub sahara? Is it because you have inferior complex?

Estranged

Postby Estranged » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:26 am

Why? Are you Fulani?
You said
I genuinely want to marry a Yemeni, but I know my family will be against it. :(
Why do you want to marry Arabs? What is wrong with marrying your own or from sub sahara? Is it because you have inferior complex?
I don't want to marry other Arabs, just Yemenis. I never said there was anything wrong with Somalis, and I don't know why you're bringing other Sub-Saharan Africans into this. Why didn't you say, "what is wrong with marrying Indians, or Egyptians etc."? ..as I pretty much excluded all races besides the Yemenis. It seems you're the one with an inferiority complex.

PureQ
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby PureQ » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:37 am

[
I don't want to marry other Arabs, just Yemenis. I never said there was anything wrong with Somalis, and I don't know why you're bringing other Sub-Saharan Africans into this. Why didn't you say, "what is wrong with marrying Indians, or Egyptians etc."? ..as I pretty much excluded all races besides the Yemenis. It seems you're the one with an inferiority complex.
You didn't answer my question. You said you desperately want to marry Arab. Why? What makes you choose Arabs?

MayDay777
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MayDay777 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:33 am

Bait

Jugjugwacwac
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Jugjugwacwac » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:46 am

This girl can't be serious, she has to be trolling. If not wallahi waa mid lagu khasaarey, condolences to her pops.

gegiroor
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gegiroor » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:54 am

Waxaad doonaysid guurso, laakiin nakala yaree oo sanka hanaga marin, xayaysiintiisana naga daa. Bal maxaa naga galay wixii kugu aasaya :lol:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.