Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why are there lots of Somali Mothers working as care workers

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Tuushi
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Why are there lots of Somali Mothers working as care workers

Postby Tuushi » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:56 pm

It's very sad but I see a lot of hooyos working in care or cleaning. Somali males keep collecting Ls.
I know what u mean. Sucks if the reason why they have to work is because of financial need but it can definitely help their mental health to keep busy. Feels nice to have something to do.
I agree with the sentiment. But working is good for people. It's good for mental health, self esteem, financial independence. More power to them.

#HaLaShaqaysto

Salute my good sir :up:

gegiroor
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gegiroor » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:43 pm

Many Muslim hijabi Somali women can't find other jobs due to the prejudice against their dress, so home care is the only thing available to them. Ask yourself why the majority of the victims for Islamophobic attacks against Muslims are hijabi Muslim women. Their way of modesty clearly distinguishes them from other women, and anti-Muslim prejudices are very common nowadays; therefore, they are being singled out.

Today in the building where I work, I saw this hijabi Muslim Somali woman who was almost 7 - 8 months pregnant. I feel bad for her but didn't want to delve into her life, asking her why she was working when she clearly needs to rest.

But many of us also forget that many of these women have to work in order to support their parents, siblings, nephews, nieces, and uncles back home.

More power to working and non-working Somali mothers and sisters. :up:

PureQ
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby PureQ » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:35 pm

because the men are lazy as fuck.

Cherine
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cherine » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:16 am

:
It's very sad but I see a lot of hooyos working in care or cleaning. Somali males keep collecting Ls.
Hooyinka bakastanta ma arkeeysid iyakoo shaqadaa sameenayya, nimankooda waa niman and take care of the family's needs. :meles:

AbkoowDhiblaawe
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbkoowDhiblaawe » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:34 am

:
Hooyinka bakastanta ma arkeeysid iyakoo shaqadaa sameenayya, nimankooda waa niman and take care of the family's needs. :meles:
Haye dee orodoo mid guurso.

Cherine
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cherine » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:11 pm

^
Why would I?

I'm in :heart: with a Somali.

Futurist
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Futurist » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:53 pm

:
They also throw acid in their face and beat them daily . Walahi out paki neighbour used to beat his cousinwife senseless almost daily :lupe: she had fresh bruises daily :snoop:

WorstCaseScenaRio

Postby WorstCaseScenaRio » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:26 pm

When did taking care of the sick, helping them and get paid for your good deeds became Xaraam? I find people who have views like these to be the most hypocritical and biggest sinners. The kind who trade in Clan talk and such bs among Somalis.

Dior

Postby Dior » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:37 pm

Work is work

WorstCaseScenaRio

Postby WorstCaseScenaRio » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:40 pm

:
They also throw acid in their face and beat them daily . Walahi out paki neighbour used to beat his cousinwife senseless almost daily :lupe: she had fresh bruises daily :snoop:

They have no equal when it comes to savagery towards women. Other societies exploit women subtly or openly, but the pakis and Afghanis are just too savage to even realize their practices are beyond bounds of human culture let alone Islam. For the Afghanis, it is that homosexual culture of sleeping with young boys and prostitute them amongst married and non-married adult males. I have no words to describe these two neighboring savages. My views about them changed over time. They the lowest in my list. Lower than anybody I can think of.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.