Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

DID YOU KNOW THAT ENGLISH IS REALY A CHANGED SOMALI!

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
jannoman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: DID YOU KNOW THAT ENGLISH IS REALY A CHANGED SOMALI!

Postby jannoman » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:39 pm

Nice topic :up:
Just like our one and only NubianQueen......walaahi gabadhaasan ka dhimman waayey.........she is simply the best ........better than many......this is for you hun...

Wow,
Thank for the love Jannoman.
It means a lot to me !! :heart:
i'm truly glad that it does..for your constant support...that is the least i could have done. And you're. most welcome.....Snet Royalty..........

jannoman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby jannoman » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:44 pm

And the 7th word is ....MONK........

Monk= Ma + cun + ka = Ma (not ) cun (eat) ka (the one) fasting alot .............and being poor and not busy with material gains.....rather with piousty............

Monk= Ma + oon + ka = Ma (not) oon ( food and water/ eat or drink) ka (the one)..........

jannoman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby jannoman » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:59 pm

And the 8th word.........VENUS.....................

VENUS = FAYNUUS= FA' + AAN + IS = FA' (LIGHT) AAN (THERE) IS (SELF) JUST ENOUGH LIGHT FOR ONE TO SEE WITH.........OR A BEAUTIFUL LUMINOUS SELF........

As Venus light is small Somalis call kerosene lamp (Faynus) and we know it is female because it is a female name.......FAYNUS SHEEKH DAHIR.....VENUS SHEEKH DAHIR..........................................................................
After female beauty fell in satans hand......here is a song by Bananarama .........Venus.......

jannoman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby jannoman » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:05 pm

And the 9th word of tonight is ......WAS..........

Was= Waa + aas= Waa ( lost/couldn't be found) aas (buried)..........

Was= Waa + aas = Waa ( time) aas (buried) which has gone......................

jannoman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby jannoman » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:27 pm

So here we come to the end of tonight's episode of wordology in which we were looking at how every and each of the current english words are of Somali origin.....
Remember last time i told you people that i want to start a fourth thread .............an international edition....which will consist of ten words from ten different languages and how all these ten words despite there now difference are yet of Somali origin......tonight's 10th word will give you a taste of that..........and it is a Hungarian name of a friend of mine back in the school days in Aden Yemen........his name was ........GABOR..............
and it is just a changed Somali........

Gabor= Gaab + oor = Gaab (soft) oor (spoken) refined ....educated.....and exactly that is how he was .....disciplined.....shy.....friendly....never rowdy........

i love u all (despite all the toxicity in your posts) keep your heads up.....and spread as much positivity and love viberations as u can.....make as many people as u can happy...........time to shoot sheriff jacob cohen (satan's son) not with gun bullets ......but with love bullets... .............peace and love .......plentiful and abundance....Alooha

Nubis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Nubis » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:15 pm

Thanks Jannoman, means alot.
I am leaving this site for good, good bye.

jannoman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby jannoman » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:38 am

Thanks Jannoman, means alot.
I am leaving this site for good, good bye.
Now that is some sad news. Where will you be at Queen it ain't good not seeing you again. This is my email axlamme@gmail.com........if you feel like getting in to touch ..........
Though this song doesn't exactly fit this situation yet still it is kind of related ...the song it self has a sad history....
Anyways whereever you are and whatever u do i wish peace and love for always.......

Nubis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Nubis » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:48 am

Thank you love :heart: :heart: :heart:

jannoman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby jannoman » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:51 pm

Asc dear beautiful Somalis as wel as beautiful humans on this floating planet........here is yet another episode of wordology in which we will look back and see how each and every english word and all other words ......no matter in which " language" they are part of today were So'maali before they changed thru dailect and evolved into a separate language.....................

And the first word of tonight's episode is .....TOWER....

1. Tower = Ta' + war = Ta' (see) war (news)
2. Tower = Ta + war = Ta (the one) war (news)

If i go back to a recent history of a form of communication of the Dervishes was having watch parties on top of certain mountains.....when one group sees unusual activity they would set up a smoke....which would be seen by a far away watch party on top of a mountain who in turn would lit fire wood and make a smoke.....till the " news" reached the headquarters.....and in this modern times there are telesom and somtel towers all over the mountains......

jannoman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby jannoman » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:54 pm

Ready or not here i come.......and the second word of this episode of wordology tonight is.......MASK.............

Mask = Ma + is + ka = Ma (no/not) is (self ) ka (the one) not the true face.........

jannoman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby jannoman » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:01 pm

And the third word of this episode of wordology tonight is........OPTIMIST ......................

Optimist = Oo + bii + timi + is + ta = Oo (crying) bii (erase/stop) timi (come) is (self) ta (the one) the self not teary eyed anymore........expecting good ...therefore no reason to cry.....

jannoman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby jannoman » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:11 pm

And the fourth word is not english but arabic and is the plural of TOWER/BURG.........TOWERS/BURUUG.........
You see when Somalis creating names ...they would create it from the function....appearance.....location...etc

Buruug = Buur + oog = Buur (mountain) oog (top) located at the top of the mountain......and usually always the word Burg ....Buruug......will be followed by the word ...MURAAQABA.....which means ....WATCHING.........watching out .....And they also mean the Zodiac which are also watched to see the future...

jannoman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby jannoman » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:20 pm

And the fifth word of this episode of wordology tonight os also arabic......becuase it has been a while since i did anything arabic.......reSo'malided arabic words back to their So'maali origin.....and the word is ......BAXR/ SEA....

BAXR = Biyo + xoor= Biyo (water) xoor (foamy) foaming water......................

jannoman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby jannoman » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:28 pm

And the sixth word of this episode of wordology tonight is.....................ZIP.........................
zip

/zɪp/

Learn to pronounce

verb

fasten with a zip.

"he zipped up his waterproof"

INFORMAL

move at high speed.

"swallows zipped back and forth across the lake"

synonyms:speed, hurry, race, run, sprint, dash, bolt, dart, rush, hasten, hurtle, career, streak, shoot, whizz, zoom, go like lightning, go hell for leather, spank along, bowl along, rattle along, whirl, whoosh, buzz, swoop, flash, blast, charge, stampede, gallop, sweep, hare, fly, wing, scurry, scud, scutter, scramble........

Zip = Siip = Slide/slip.......fast smooth movement on a slippery surface..........

jannoman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby jannoman » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:38 pm

And the seventh word is .......SCARY..............am not sure if i did it..........anyways it never hurts to repeat...........

Scary = Is + ka + eri = Is ( self) ka (the one) eri (chase) that which makes the self run away out of fear........

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.