Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

DID YOU KNOW THAT ENGLISH IS REALY A CHANGED SOMALI!

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
hasanwali

DID YOU KNOW THAT ENGLISH IS REALY A CHANGED SOMALI!

Postby hasanwali » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:28 pm

Believe it or not English is just a changed So'maali and here is my prove;
Beautiful= Biyo + tif + ool= macnaha meel biyo badani yaalaan am a marayaan AYAA qurux leg. Where there is water in abundance there is a beauty.

Pen= Ba'een= MACNAHA khadka Ku jira qalinku hadaan Ku ba'ayn bogga lagu qorayo qoraal masuura galeen. If the ink in the pen wasn't getting smeared on the page no writing would have been possible.

Blind= Bii + la'+ indho= macnaha waxa uusan KA BA'AY oo uusan LAHEYN IINDHO. This is my second post and since am not sure if it is going to be accepted or not I will stop here. Bye for now..

Bella18
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: DID YOU KNOW THAT ENGLISH IS REALY A CHANGED SOMALI!

Postby Bella18 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:12 am

Cajiib findings sheikhow! :lol:

hasanwali

Postby hasanwali » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:05 am

Thank you Bella appreciated is your stopping by. Now encouraged I 'll add these english words reclaimed by their So'maali origins and here they are;
Library= La + i + baray + eray= macnaha qof wax bartey uunba LIBRARY gala waxayna markhaati u tahay in LA BAREY EREY. "LIBRARY" the word came from the combination of this statement in So'maali " I WAS (LA I) TAUGHT (BARAY) WORDING (EREY) for if a person is not lettered he/she would not go to a library in the first place.

Brother= Bro + tar= macnaha wiilku reerka kama tago ee intuu guursado ayuu guri cusub SOO kordhey marks WAA BARO TAR. The male child does not leave the family but gets married and increases a new household to his family and tribe while on the other hand

Sister= Siis + tar= the female child is given to someone for a marriage and moves away to live with her new family. Macnaha gabadha dee CID BAA LA SIIYA GUURSATA OO KAXAYSATA oo sida wiilka baro reerkooda kuma kordhiso EE WAXAY KORDHIISA KA TAGIS.

I'll stop at this today. Big love to you all out there.

hasanwali

Postby hasanwali » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Am adding some more reSo'malised english words hope you enjoy it;

Lion = Laayaan (dile)

Comedian = Kuu + maadeyn = Kuu ( for you) maadeeyn ( jesting or telling u jokes)

Stop = Is + tub = Is (yourself) tub (stand)

Leg = Leh + gee = Leh (has the ability) gee (take you) to places.

Word = Waa + oor + dheh= Waa ( it is) oor ( audible sound) dheh ( saying) and words started by uttering audible words.

Battle = Ba' + taal = Ba' ( calamity such as death ) taal ( is) for what is there in a battle but death and wounds and fear and hate.

That is it for now folks.

jannoman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby jannoman » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:36 pm

Yahuud=

Yibir=

Hal min muxaawil li tabyiin asalaha assumaali. Is there some one who will give a try and find the so'manliness of their origins. Ya mimukr sow alle somalinatajow ya mi asaayin.

jannoman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby jannoman » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:35 am

Pencil=Ba'een + sii + ool =Ba'een (smear) sii (give ) ool (that stays) on the paper until you rub it off.

jannoman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby jannoman » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:18 pm

Sky= Is + kaah = Is (on her own) kaah (illuminate) meaning not illuminated by humans or man made light....

Blue= Bu' + ley = Bu' (gushing out water ) ley (has) meaning the sky from which water falls colour.....

jannoman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby jannoman » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:59 pm

John=Ja' + oon= Ja' (water) oon (food) somebody check an old English dicktionary....

jannoman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby jannoman » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:40 am

Sin= So' + iin = So' (for all made of bone and meat) iin (not good) for at the end of it we end up with famine. And if we do not stop we shall end up in hell with stupid satan & company....

Mud= Ma + dhi' = Ma (not) dhi' ( water ) it got muddy.

Look at its So'maali equivalent .........

Dhoobo= Dhi' + ba'oow = Dhi' (rain water) ba'ow (not there) any more.

jannoman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby jannoman » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:46 am

Sin= So' + iin = So' (for all made of bone and meat) iin (not good) for at the end of it we end up with famine. And if we do not stop we shall end up in hell with stupid satan & company....

Mud= Ma + dhi' = Ma (not) dhi' ( water ) it got muddy.

Look at its So'maali equivalent .........

Dhoobo= Dho' + ba'oow = Dho' (rain water that fell from the sky) ba'ow (not there) any more......

Ya ba ruski gavarit niznaayu...... May Allah bless Russia.......

jannoman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby jannoman » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:34 am

Real= Riyo + la'= Riyo (dream) la' (without ) meaning wide awake...............................

jannoman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby jannoman » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:14 am

Tall= Ta' + ool= Ta' (clouds that carry water drops a.k.a as rain) ool (stay) meaning the cloud is up in the sky and is taller than you. That is why we used to name tall person CAAD LEEF cloud licker...

jannoman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby jannoman » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:28 am

Short= Isha + roor + ta'= Isha (eyes) roor ( run) ta' (drops) I hope you can see if you draw a line that measures the distance a TEAR DROP travels to reach the ground and a RAIN DROP you will get a fair idea of what am driving at. WA JACALNA MINAL MAAI KULA SHEY IN XAY.........

Nairobi= Ney + roobi= Ney (pouring) roobi (rain) good place for rearing cows........they're all from us. SubxaanaAllah changer of conditions...

Laxgubatay

Postby Laxgubatay » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:33 pm

Fuck ()Fag ( means to riddle inside something ) off (uff ) meaning it stinks .

jannoman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby jannoman » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:56 am

Pistol= Bi'is + ta' + ool= Bi'is (death ) ta' (living and sweating no more ) ool (stay)..

Ear= ii + yeer = ii (me) yeer (call) ...........

Someone who calls himself Lax must be some sort of a pissed off transgender. Allah help him... oops her...hhhhh

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.