Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

POLL Question: A Woman Earns More Than You OR Has a Higher degree?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.

A Woman Earns More Than You OR Has a Higher degree?

It makes no difference to me at all
28%
It is attractive if she earns more than me
No votes
It is attractive if she is BOTH more educated and earns more than me
11%
It is a turn-off ONLY if she earns more than me
50%
It is a turn-off ONLY if she is more educated than me
11%

Total votes: 18

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Macarons
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

POLL Question: A Woman Earns More Than You OR Has a Higher degree?

Postby Macarons » Sun May 07, 2017 2:50 pm

Pick 1 option.

Why did you pick your choice?

Futurist
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: POLL Question: A Woman Earns More Than You OR Has a Higher degree?

Postby Futurist » Sun May 07, 2017 5:03 pm

What is not attractive about a good looking, cultured, religious, educated, high earning woman?

As long as she's not arrogant about it.

There are very few Somali women who would fit into category 3 for me, so I would be at the very least intrigued

thehappyone
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby thehappyone » Sun May 07, 2017 5:53 pm

Istaqfrullah a woman earning more than me? I might as well stay home to cook and clean if she's the breadwinner

HayWire
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby HayWire » Sun May 07, 2017 11:16 pm

doesn't make a difference. She makes more money = I will be her accountant. She is more educated = she is open to all kinda bedroom bullying tactics. Like my adeer Lamagodle used to say God has given me more Nimca on top of Nimca :blessed: :eat:

HashIII
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby HashIII » Mon May 08, 2017 1:26 am

You gotta be kinda insecure if it makes you feel small.

Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advo » Mon May 08, 2017 3:24 am

I don't care how much she makes but I will not rely on her income.

Gaashaanle1000
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Gaashaanle1000 » Mon May 08, 2017 5:03 am

I would advise younger women who want to marry and have children at some point in the future to do this first.

Get marriage and children ticked early, then focus on your career afterwards.

Because even though I would not mind if my wife becomes successful, I and most men are not attracted by power and money like women are.

We are attracted by beauty, youth and fertility.

BVSNet
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BVSNet » Mon May 08, 2017 1:32 pm

Oh well

Apparently the way to make a marriage work if the woman earns more is for the husband to do the laundry

CaliQaseV2
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby CaliQaseV2 » Mon May 08, 2017 3:38 pm

You still got a lot to learn buddy; naag hadday kaa aqoon badan tahay ama kaa degree sarreyso ayadaanba ku rabin!

bluelovelady
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby bluelovelady » Tue May 09, 2017 6:19 pm

I think white guys make this a big deal. They are talking about millionaire women. I never seen a Somali man divorce his wife for making more money. Every Somali man that I know in this situation is proud if their wife is a nurse, teacher, doctor, gov't professional etc. A good job is just a good job. Their husband still work and try to hustle. But...... I never met a Somali women that was a millionaire besides Iman, but I can see why it is hard to be married to a millionaire, either a man or a woman. They have big egos.

Macarons
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Macarons » Tue May 09, 2017 7:23 pm

Interesting results.

Macarons
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Macarons » Tue May 09, 2017 7:32 pm

You still got a lot to learn buddy; naag hadday kaa aqoon badan tahay ama kaa degree sarreyso ayadaanba ku rabin!
Why? Jacaylkeena ka wayn, no? :lol:
I don't care how much she makes but I will not rely on her income.
Correct :up: No woman wants a burden. Suga mammas being the exception
You gotta be kinda insecure if it makes you feel small.
True.
doesn't make a difference. She makes more money = I will be her accountant. She is more educated = she is open to all kinda bedroom bullying tactics. Like my adeer Lamagodle used to say God has given me more Nimca on top of Nimca :blessed: :eat:
Positive thinking. Good.
Istaqfrullah a woman earning more than me? I might as well stay home to cook and clean if she's the breadwinner
You can opt to stay as breadwinner like advo and not take her money. Act like it doesn't exist :mrgreen:
What is not attractive about a good looking, cultured, religious, educated, high earning woman?

As long as she's not arrogant about it.

There are very few Somali women who would fit into category 3 for me, so I would be at the very least intrigued
I agree. May you find your category 3.

Macarons
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Macarons » Tue May 09, 2017 7:42 pm

I think white guys make this a big deal. They are talking about millionaire women. I never seen a Somali man divorce his wife for making more money. Every Somali man that I know in this situation is proud if their wife is a nurse, teacher, doctor, gov't professional etc. A good job is just a good job. Their husband still work and try to hustle. But...... I never met a Somali women that was a millionaire besides Iman, but I can see why it is hard to be married to a millionaire, either a man or a woman. They have big egos.
It's socio-economic status. The greater the status disparity the greater the difficulty. Think it's about trying to find traits you can appreciate in your partner besides the material.

Macarons
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Macarons » Tue May 09, 2017 7:43 pm

Oh well

Apparently the way to make a marriage work if the woman earns more is for the husband to do the laundry
That's an appealing trade-off. And ironing.

thehappyone
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby thehappyone » Wed May 10, 2017 3:23 am

You can opt to stay as breadwinner like advo and not take her money. Act like it doesn't exist :mrgreen:

That's never going to work.....

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.