Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somalis come from Arabs is it true?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
brboss
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Somalis come from Arabs is it true?

Postby brboss » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:48 am

The founder of darood is Abdirahman bin Isma'il al-Jabarti? Was he Arab or somali? Wikipedia says he's a descendant of an Arab known as Aqeel ibn Abi Talib from the Quraysh tribe in Saudi arabia. He was also the cousin of prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Does it mean darood come from Arab?

DaacasBiyo
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Somalis come from Arabs is it true?

Postby DaacasBiyo » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:22 am

Nope, the story I heard goes like this, he was working for an Arab in a muddy hut convenient store selling dry dates and hides, head towels, camel musk, donkey rides and other desert dwellers deals, but after 3 years of hard work he was refused the title of employee of the month, he got pissed and strangled the ayrab boss with a monkey tail, then he called himself the owner and said he came from Yemen and the rest is history. True story.

Zoomalia4Kucks
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Zoomalia4Kucks » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:51 am

No you idiot somali's don't come from Arabs. What's up with you doofarood bastards always booty clapping for Arabs? These dumb Zoomali's really think 1 Arab came and raped the whole population and made all you mfers? Really? Y'all can't be that dumb

brboss
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby brboss » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:57 am

No you idiot somali's don't come from Arabs. What's up with you doofarood bastards always booty clapping for Arabs? These dumb Zoomali's really think 1 Arab came and raped the whole population and made all you mfers? Really? Y'all can't be that dumb
Its on Wikipedia the founder of darood clan is descendant of a Saudi.

"A similar clan mythology exists for the Isaaq, who are said to have descended from one Sheikh Ishaq ibn Ahmad al-'Alawi, another Banu Hashim who came to Somalia around the same time.[1][8] As with Sheikh Isaaq, there are also numerous existing hagiologies in Arabic which describe Sheikh Darod's travels, works and overall life in northern Somalia, as well as his movements in Arabia before his arrival"
Last edited by brboss on Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

brboss
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby brboss » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:59 am

I knew we were Arabs descendants alot of genetic test show Arab DNA in Somali pple just look on YouTube. Mashallah arabs are our genetic relatives brothers and sisters !

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdirah ... al-Jabarti

:blessed: :blessed: :blessed:

original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby original dervish » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:10 am

Roll up to you average Arab trying to pull that shit.....see where it gets you. :)

brboss
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby brboss » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:22 am

Roll up to you average Arab trying to pull that shit.....see where it gets you. :)
Who cares what other think this our origin brother we are mix Saudi and African. :clap:

Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Throw me to the hyenas and I will return laughing as the pack leader.

Postby Adali » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:46 am

kill yourself please

brboss
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby brboss » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:16 am

kill yourself please
You Lost the argument when you resorted to mindless insults. Good job

Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Throw me to the hyenas and I will return laughing as the pack leader.

Postby Adali » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:07 am

kill yourself please
Somali clan lineage vary between 10-30+ generation, at the end of each clan family they claim they are descendants from the prophets family.

the whole thing can be explained by looking at it this way, when Islam came to our shores, we started to memorise the Quraan, but also our lineage. We gave muslim names to our children perhaps even the scholars that taught the diin. Hence why we have memorised names like Jeberti Darood that are clearly arabic names, but these were probably the names of our ancestors scholars who taught them the diin and our ancestors either adopted the name themselves or named their children these names.

If you look at southern clans, they became muslim later due to migration of northern clans, they have much shorter lineages, even some northern clans have short lineages, I think this depends on when they become muslim and started to memorise their lineages.

So why would I speculate on something like this ?

During the time of Ahmed gurey, the largest army and the one he dependent on the most among Somali was Marehan, it is no coincidence that Marehan also has the longest lineage among Somalis to this day.

I know many won't admit it but there are some who cannot count more than 10 generation even if they consult their elders, which suggest to me they were recently converted to Islam :lol:

xiimaaya
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby xiimaaya » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:10 am

Dhulbante Darood saxahan oo pure mahan dhiiiilo idoooor ah ba dashay
This why Cali Khalif lab dances siilaanyo

mahdimaxamed

Postby mahdimaxamed » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:47 am

why do somali's hate arabs so much i mean C'MON most of y'all have arab names and somalia is a islamic country anyways shut yours mouths up please all y'all somalian arab haters STOP TROLLING I KNOW Y'ALL PUNKS,arabs and somalis are brothers and sisters MASHALLAH!!!!!!!

brboss
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby brboss » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:55 am

why do somali's hate arabs so much i mean C'MON most of y'all have arab names and somalia is a islamic country anyways shut yours mouths up please all y'all somalian arab haters STOP TROLLING I KNOW Y'ALL PUNKS,arabs and somalis are brothers and sisters MASHALLAH!!!!!!!
I know right? Sudan, Yemen and Somalia are close to the Arabs we shouldn't hate them at all.

brboss
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby brboss » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:57 am

kill yourself please
Somali clan lineage vary between 10-30+ generation, at the end of each clan family they claim they are descendants from the prophets family.

the whole thing can be explained by looking at it this way, when Islam came to our shores, we started to memorise the Quraan, but also our lineage. We gave muslim names to our children perhaps even the scholars that taught the diin. Hence why we have memorised names like Jeberti Darood that are clearly arabic names, but these were probably the names of our ancestors scholars who taught them the diin and our ancestors either adopted the name themselves or named their children these names.

If you look at southern clans, they became muslim later due to migration of northern clans, they have much shorter lineages, even some northern clans have short lineages, I think this depends on when they become muslim and started to memorise their lineages.

So why would I speculate on something like this ?

During the time of Ahmed gurey, the largest army and the one he dependent on the most among Somali was Marehan, it is no coincidence that Marehan also has the longest lineage among Somalis to this day.

I know many won't admit it but there are some who cannot count more than 10 generation even if they consult their elders, which suggest to me they were recently converted to Islam :lol:
The founder of darood is descendant of a Saudi tribe yes or no? Explain why Wikipedia is wrong

mahdimaxamed

Postby mahdimaxamed » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:03 am

I know right? Sudan, Yemen and Somalia are close to the Arabs we shouldn't hate them at all.
yh your correct sudan,somalia and yemen thoose are three of my NIGGAZ.
"WALK LIKE A CHAMPION TALK LIKE A CHAMPION ,PRINCE IS IN DA HOUSE" :stylin:
yaa habibi walahi sik

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.