Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hajj Tragedy.

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
The-Screw
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Hajj Tragedy.

Postby The-Screw » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:16 am

it's happened again, how many more will die before the fat saudi bastards they call officials will do something about this problem? again and again and again, this is very sad.

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/world/religion

Dhaga Bacayl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Dhaga Bacayl » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:57 am

They tripped over luggage. What does that have to do with Saudi government?

That is a freak accident my friend…it happens every day.

IlAAHAY HA U WADA NAXARIISTO DAMAANTOOD…THEY”RE IN BETTER PLACE.

San_dheer
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby San_dheer » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:01 am

I know, those Saudis are a bunch of useless creeps. I can’t believe they still let things like that happen. They should be sued for negligence. Rolling Eyes

San_dheer
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby San_dheer » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:05 am

Dhaga, 50 people died. That is not an accident, it is negligence by the authorities. They should a system in place to ensure the safety of those people. The same thing happens every time, they should do something about it. It’s just unacceptable. Rolling Eyes

SomaliLight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Like a bird without wings, I have been down and down here......

Postby SomaliLight » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:09 am

You know, i wonder what they were running from to behave like a much of guru running from a lion? A bunch of animals !so Muslims if you knowingly step all over or crush someone and than walk away. Does that mean you are going to hell, or does Allah erase it all after you get to touch the Kabah?

Question Question Question Question Question Question

SomaliLight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SomaliLight » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:09 am

You know, i wonder what they were running from to behave like a much of guru running from a lion? A bunch of animals !so Muslims if you knowingly step all over or crush someone and than walk away. Does that mean you are going to hell, or does Allah erase it all after you get to touch the Kabah?

SomaliLight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SomaliLight » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:10 am

San_dheer
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby San_dheer » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:46 am

What a stupid question to ask SomaliLight. It is not like they intentionally crashed people to death, you are full of crap.

Girl, you are such a moron. Rolling Eyes

Sir-Luggoyo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Sir-Luggoyo » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:51 am

San Dheer,

This is a human tragedy and ppl lost their lives (May Allah SW shower His mercy on them) and this b!tch is trying to be sarcastic and joke about it. She doesn't deserve a minute of your attention, just ignore the filthy

kambuli
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby kambuli » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:31 am

Ilaahay Ha u naxariisto intii ku dhimatay shilkaas.

At first I was angry with the Saudis, but then I started to ask myself why the muslims couldnot watch out for each other. Sad

The rebel
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The rebel » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:33 am

It is sad thing but you have to know Saudi Government does everything to serive the Hojaj al beit. Do not forget that most hojaj came from poor and very backwards countries and they never follow written directions. I worked once with the police , it is very hard to organize them. People do not listen nor read any instructions. They push each other over the Black Stone to just touch it or kiss it. I never have seen ignorant like that. They think that is part of their hajj.

Saudi Government doing their best but come one Two million and half people in that small area around the Ka'aba and most of them came from backwards countries that do not follow instructions nor read for the sake of their safety. It is huge responsibility. That year I had my worse experience. I would not blame the Government but those countries that send them without educating them.
Last edited by The rebel on Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cawar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cawar » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:33 am

Allaha U naxriisto dhamaan.

I think they died in the best place and at the best time possible.

Beenlow

Postby Beenlow » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:06 pm

May Allah forgive everyone who died and give them Jannah.

Bro Rebel, I concur with you 100%. I made hajj couple of years ago, saudi authority made best they could, there were many rules, signs and many police and other personnel trying to control the masses, but it's impossible. When there's over two million people in one place, no one can control them. Saudis do best they can.

Worst part is dhagax tuur, people should just throw 7 stones peacefully and walk away, but many people go crazy 'cos they think it's real sheydaan they're stoning. Usually african muslims, like nigerians are making the trouble, they throw big stones and when they're finished they throw everything else they can including shoes and cellphones and whatever they find. They are also very aggressive and they go to the front line by force, many of them are real big sized.
Best people are indonesians and other asians, they are real well organized and act real well and calm.

Beenlow

Postby Beenlow » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:11 pm

MENA, Saudi Arabia (Reuters) - At least 345 Muslim pilgrims were crushed to death on Thursday during a stoning ritual on the last day of the haj, the worst tragedy to beset the sacred event in more than a decade.

Saudi officials said the pilgrims were crushed at the eastern entrance of Mena's disaster-prone Jamarat Bridge as they jostled to perform the stoning between noon and sunset in Mena, a narrow valley near the holy city of Mecca.

"So far, the number of confirmed deaths is 345 and the number of injured in hospital is 289," Health Minister Hamad al-Manei told Saudi state television, adding that many had been discharged.

Some 2.5 million Muslims are performing the haj this year, and the death toll was the worst since 1,426 people were killed in a stampede in a tunnel in Mecca in 1990.

"It was like the road of death there," one pilgrim said, describing women fainting and people elbowing and pushing to get closer to the wall where pilgrims direct their stones.

Thursday's crush, which occurred after noon prayers, intensified after many pilgrims scrambled to pick up belongings lost in the heavy crowds, the Interior Ministry said. "Pilgrims fell over and crushed each other at the eastern entrance to the Jamarat," it said in a statement.

Many pilgrims insist on following Prophet Mohammad's example of stoning after noon prayers instead of staggering the ritual throughout the day as some clerics recommend.

Bodies covered in white shrouds littered the Jamarat area, as medics tended to the injured on stretchers. The bodies were driven away in ambulances and refrigerated trucks.

"The people who died were trying to get onto the bridge to do their stoning. But a wave of people came from the (other) direction trying to get off the bridge. That's when people died," said Egyptian Amr Gad.

"ACT OF GOD"

Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Sultan blamed the crush on pilgrims who insisted on carrying bulky baggage during the stoning ritual despite officials' warnings.

But he defended the kingdom's organization of the haj, saying: "The state can't stop God's will, its impossible to think that any human can stop God's will."

The crush was the second disaster to hit this year's pilgrimage. Last week, 76 people were killed when a hostel in Mecca collapsed in a narrow street.

Saudi security forces set up a tight cordon around the Jamarat Bridge to control the crowds, as many pilgrims thronged to carry on stoning three walls in a symbolic casting out of the devil and rejection of temptation.

The haj is a duty for every able-bodied Muslim at least once in a lifetime. Many pilgrims transport their belongings from site to site, hampering the flow of pilgrims.

"There was crowding and pushing, of course. It's so sad to hear about the people who died," said Fawaz Zahrani, a Saudi.

The pilgrimage has been marred by stampedes in the past, and some of the worst have occurred in Mena. In 2004, some 250 pilgrims were crushed to death at Jamarat Bridge. A decade earlier, 270 were killed in a similar stampede.

Saudi Arabia has revamped the Jamarat area by expanding the stoning targets and provided unprecedented security including 60,000 security men to control the huge crowd and avert possible attacks by Islamist militants.

After this year's haj, the Jamarat Bridge will be replaced with a more elaborate bridge involving a four-level system of entrances and exits to the three walls, including a subway, and costing 4.2 billion riyals ($1.12 billion).

Pilgrims, in white robes meant to eradicate differences in race and class between Muslims, perform a third day of stoning on Thursday and make a final visit to the Grand Mosque in Mecca, according to rules laid out by Prophet Mohammad 1,400 years ago.

The rebel
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The rebel » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:55 am

jazaka-Allah brothe Beenlow for the information. God bless

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.