Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

When we were Kings

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:58 am

My late grandfather had a collection of videos from Somalia's past:

1. Independence Day, July 1, 1960 - Wonderful black and white movie of the greatest day in Somalia. In the tape, you see Prime Minister Abdullahi Ciise of the Italian Somaliland government hand power over to Aden Abdulle. Siyaad can be seen in the background lurking and doing security detail for the leadership.

2. The Swearing Ceremony of President AbdiRashid Ali Sharmarke

3. The Funeral of AbdiRashid

4. The Launch of the 1977 war by the Somali National Army and their massive sweep across Western Somalia especially the Battle of Jijiga.

5. The 1991 revolution and the Battle of Xamar- Video details the movement of the USC into Xamar and the fleeing Siyaadists.

6. The SOmali Version of Black Hawk Down

7. The 1996 Swearing in Ceremony of President Maxamed Farax Caydiid.

I hope to make copies of these tapes and sell them on the internet: History of Somalia 1960 to 1991.

Sir-Luggoyo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Sir-Luggoyo » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:20 pm

[quote="AbdiWahab252"]

7. The 1996 Swearing in Ceremony of President Maxamed Farax Caydiid.

.[/quote]

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

This Hutu never ceases to amaze me.

Waryaa,

The thread was about the era of the Hutu subjugation, when you were catering for the noble ones not when you were cannibalizing amongst yourselves

kambuli
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby kambuli » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:56 pm

Sir, quote" The thread was about the era of the Hutu subjugation, when you were catering for the noble ones not when you were cannibalizing amongst yourselves"

Please stop this nonsense haddaba Evil or Very Mad No body subjugated a certain qabiil. People were all friends and we were all happy. Specially 1977 era everyone was Somali. Things changed later, that is when tribalism and sickness lurked into the minds of people....

Dhaga Bacayl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Dhaga Bacayl » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:58 pm

Since when Caydeed was a president? Confused

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:14 pm

Marxuum Caydiid was President of the Somali Republic from 1995 to until his death in 1996.

The Vice President at the time was Marxuum Abdirahman Tuur, former Chairman of the Somali National Movement.

The Minister of Defense was Colonel Omar Jess, former Chairman of the Somali Patriotic Movement.

Luugoyo... The liberation in 1991 allowed even Jareers like you to have a voice. Be thankful for that otherwise u would still be the banana picker Laughing

Cawar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cawar » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:39 pm

YOu are all welcome ppl.

Sir-Lug thanks for the song. I like that song.

X-playa you are looser twice in this life and in the life after death, what can I possibly tell you or add to your confused sould and intellect?? Laughing

This tape, regardless of your hate for the former regime should've at least brought back some memories of Dowladnimo...I know not evry one felt like a king...but we were all under one umbrella that of a soveriegn nation with real borders and the whole nine yards...you know the drill.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:42 pm

Cawar.. I understand your point but the choice of video was wrong. 1986 was when all hell broke loose in Somalia. Afweyne ignited the destruction of the SOmali State.

If Afweyne retired in 1986, he would have gone down as a Statesman who saved his nation but instead he fought for the seat which he stole in 1969 and in process destroyed the SOmali nation.

Sir-Luggoyo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Sir-Luggoyo » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:24 pm

Abdi Hutu,

Stop your Bullsh!t, Siad Barre never destroyed anything, when he left, everything was intact, you guys cannibalized the country and sold the historic monuments as scrab. Just shutup yaa xaywaan, inaad hadashaba kuuma banaanee

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:40 pm

Abdi & Luggoyo

should get along.Seriously--this petty ninny fight is not healthy at all. Rolling Eyes

Cawar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cawar » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:42 pm

Sir-Lug loooooooool.

AW

We all know what happened during and after Siad Barre's rule, he could've left at any given point in time, even during the war in 1991(it wasnt in his DNA to leave voluntarily maybe), but I somehow doubt things would been any different.

Gamadid or any Comp. savy

Can you help Demure post those pics of Xamar so that we can see them all here??

qudhac-m
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby qudhac-m » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:59 pm

CAWAR
All i know that Afwayne was nijaas and you were not kings but dogs
and you guys are worst then dogs today, Thanks TO SNM

Suldaan qudhac maygaag

intellex
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby intellex » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:08 pm

cawar speak for your self its were but ARE sxb we are kings and we always be Wink

fagash_killer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: And You Can Run For ya Back-up But Them Machine Gun Shells Gone Tear Ya back Up

Postby fagash_killer » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:10 pm

i got the video of the snm mudjhadiins fighting for their freedom you see even airplanes of afweyne beeing shot down from the air with rpgs the the same rpgs we toke with force of the sna
Last edited by fagash_killer on Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kambuli
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby kambuli » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:13 pm

Intellex, quote"cawar speak for your self its were but ARE sxb we are kings and we always be"

Sorry walaal I have to disagree with you Shocked
There was a time we were kings. When I say we I mean (Somalis).
Look at us now walaal Sad

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:15 pm

Yes look at you indeed. Pathetic. Laughing Laughing Laughing Razz

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.