Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Attention Zone 5 Somalis! (Issa, Ogaaden,Gurgura)

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Ugaas Diini
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Ugaas Diini » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:42 pm

"There is two somali run nations that are sovereign? Can we say the same about you. "

Ooouch that must hurt.

Xplosive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Xplosive » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:44 pm

its funny though.. because who gives a shit about Oromo's? I know Somalis dont.. Also, waxay ka caabadayaan are the Ciise and the Ogaden who are still expanding into their territories.. TWO focking jilibs Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Chemical-Ali

Postby Chemical-Ali » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:37 am

Is Djibouti really a "somali state" or an Afar state overrun by somali refugees. Cant really call it a soverign state either. They cant take any step without the french asking them why they took that step? What is the purpose of this step?Followed by a billion questions and then finally they will tell them, NO you cannot take this step! Laughing

Isnt it also currently under american occupation? Oh no you dont call it occupation?

Unclebin
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Unclebin » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:45 am

The majority of the population is somali. 2/3 indivuals you find there are somaali. They killed a judge there of french origin. The french gov't wanted answers. Djoubti said whatever. If thats not a sovereign nation I don't know what is.

[quote]Is Djibouti really a "somali state" or an Afar state overrun by somali refugees[/quote]

Say what you want be my people SOMALI'S Still run it.

Oromo's are supposedly 40 million people. With 600 000 km sq+. However ethnic somali's live in probably double that when you add all the somali inhabitied areas of east africa. We have the most land buy 1 single ethnic group in africa(sub saharan) . Longest coast and some fertile land in the south.

We can even grow some raw meat on the land in afgoye. Thats how nice it is Shocked Laughing

Chemical-Ali

Postby Chemical-Ali » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:50 am

There can be 5 somalis in a city of 500 000 and you can bet somalis will be throwing claims. Its like lottery cards, never know, just might get it!! Shocked Laughing

Unclebin
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Unclebin » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:06 am

Whatever you want to beleive. But according to wikipedia.

"Oromia is one of the nine ethnic divisions (kililoch) of Ethiopia. Covering 353,632 km2 from the east to the southwest of the country, its population was estimated in 2002 at about twenty-four million"

Thats 355 000 km2 I'll round it off to make you feel better Laughing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oromia

Somali state/Ogadenia/Kilinka shanad

is "It covers 279,252 km2 in the east of the country and its population (as of 1999) is 3,602,000."

So that covers 280 000 people and it says our total pop according to estimates in 1999 was 3.6 million. I would say thats a gross underestimate. Considering we are nomads and you guys are like ethiopian herd waiting to be counted Laughing

Somalia

"637,657 km²"

Djoubti

"23,000 km²"

NFD

127 000 km²

lets say you guys are 1/4 of the pop in the NFD and I am being generous to your borana people.

So lets give 27 000 sq km to you.

The leaves Oromo's whom are somewhere between 25-30 million people with "Oromia" at 400 000 sqkm. A lot of exagerations toward forty million. Plus the 600 000 km I see.

Somali Inhabited land

637 000 km sq
100 000 km sq
half of DJ 15 000 kmsq
280 000 km sq

Equals 2.5x more land then Oromia. Plus we have close to 15 million somali's in somalia because of gross underestimate and having the highest fertility rate in east africa and top 5 in the world. Check CIA factbook

plus the 5 million in Kilinka shanad, djoubti and NFd must have like another 1 million and the diaspora upwards of 3-4 million in places all over the west. SO to say we live in spread out land is crazy. Plus we can't be counted by the habashi like you guys Laughing

Chemical-Ali

Postby Chemical-Ali » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:10 am

http://www.koeppe.de/katalogD/images/oromodia.gif

Thank you and goodnight sir. Quit posting that map carved out by desert cockroach agaamees! Rolling Eyes Arrow

Ps-The fact that that wikepedia report uses the term kililoch shows just where they got the info and just how biased it is.

Unclebin
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Unclebin » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:13 am

Whatever you want to believe however your diagram goes all the way to mombasa. I doubt you guys can claim mombasa. I got to sleep however let me elave you with a little food for thought.

Somali's> Habashi raw meating Oromo's named ABBA Laughing

Chemical-Ali

Postby Chemical-Ali » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:15 am

Yes Mombaasaa! Roots from the word Bombaasaa which in Oromo means just waterway or stream. Oromos are wiiiide. Almost as wide as youre mouth warya. Laughing

Unclebin
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Unclebin » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:23 am

You mean oromo's are alomst as wide as the their women's clits in bosasso,hargeysa,dubai etc

GOT TO GO, O RO MO Laughing

Mombasa Laughing Soon you guys will lay claim to hausa land in Nigeria. Oromo in Abuja Laughing Arrow

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.