Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

somali word

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
PH.D.
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

somali word

Postby PH.D. » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:10 pm

I need help finding out the somali word for 'East'. dont even think about bari cause thats not a direction but a province. so what is? i know Konfuur means 'South', Galbeed is the 'West', and Waqooyi for 'North', but what about 'East' Question

Mureedi
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Mureedi » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:17 pm

Abow abow, koo ani aa ka roonahay aa imaadi, East maxaa la dhahaa ma ku lohoo......................waraa East haddii kaseynin shib iska dheh shuban daar daar ha ku dilo ma ku dhihi kariye

Bari

Orrax ka soo bax

Pick your choice

COOL-MAN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby COOL-MAN » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:18 pm

mashriq

Samatr
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Samatr » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:25 pm

bari is east, people like me consider sanaag as bari.
mashriq af carbeed miyaanay aheen.

PH.D.
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby PH.D. » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:34 pm

mureedi azzhole i just told you bari is not direction but province, baang baaaang say alahu akbar nicca Laughing

mishraq? come again? nooooooooooooope, wanna take a vowl? Laughing
mishraq is arabic, we want SOMALI word. here is the situation, if im in Mustahil (located in Atlantis) Laughing and im giving some1 a direction who is going to mogadishu, what im supposed to say? go to bari? they be saying 'what, im not going to bosasso', see what im saying?

i cant believe we have no somali word for East, wheres luggoyo when you need him, his good at these things Exclamation

AMAT-ALLAH
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby AMAT-ALLAH » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:37 pm

PHD

Just do what i do bro....when people ask for directions just point and say diincaasi...halkaaaaaaaaaaa Laughing Laughing Works a treat for me... Very Happy

michael_ital
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby michael_ital » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:40 pm

jiho

AMAT-ALLAH
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby AMAT-ALLAH » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:43 pm

^^Is that Bruce Lee talking Mikey? Laughing Laughing Jihooo Laughing Laughing

Btw im a HUUUGE fan of BL, he is an incredible artist Smile

Samatr
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Samatr » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:45 pm

North=Waqooyi
South=Koonfur
West=Galbeed
East=Bari

Mureedi
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Mureedi » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:53 pm

Kaali, dadkaan uyukoo caytamin wax ma isku sheegi karaan miyaa? Why are you guys so defensive and foul mouthed? Can't you have a decent discussion without resorting to profanity? This is indication of low self esteem. Where you can't fill in with wisdom, you are filling in with insults. Nacalaa niigu yaalo, laga roonayaal.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Carlo

Jiho is direction..................... put that Somali-English dictionary down, it's misleading ya

Xplosive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Xplosive » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:12 pm

[quote="Samatr"]North=Waqooyi
South=Koonfur
West=Galbeed
East=Bari[/quote]

yeah

PH.D.
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby PH.D. » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:50 pm

amat
what? say 'dinaacsi or halkasi' while point finger Laughing hey thats smart choice, but what about if they found out? they might feast on me Laughing

samtar

hmmm yeaaaaah, but you repeating the muriiedi mistake, East is not bari, at best it would be NorthEast, see were im going Exclamation so therefore Bari is not East

but word michealitalia used 'Jilho' is really interesting, nobody uses that word in somali franca lingua, its a first. probably one of those ancient words that slipped from Somali language, we need to do some research Exclamation

BARIIS&BASTOO_BOY
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BARIIS&BASTOO_BOY » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:50 pm

^ I AGREEE

Gatspy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gatspy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:10 pm

Bari is east.
What in hell is JILHO?

Xplosive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Xplosive » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:14 pm

Bari IS east.. PHD doesnt get that.

Waryaa PH-dizzle, where did you get that fake ass PH.D? Laughing

Bari means east..

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.