Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Galbeed/Zone 5/Ogadenia

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.

Will Galbeed ever return to Somali hands???

Total votes: 0

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Samatr
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Samatr » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:51 pm

Dangirl
You can live with rawmeat eaters and the oromos for all I care, if my side of the galbeed gets independence I can assure we will join our Isaaq kinsmen to the east.

Here is the order of things that are likely to happen, from #1 being most likely to happen to #3 not likely to happen.

1)Somalia gets its act together, peace and stability in all regions including SL
2)Somaliland gets independence, yeah sounds funny now, but if Somalia stays the same Somaliland will eventually become independent.
3)Ogadenia having independence through ONLF rebels, not likely to happen. Laughing

DANGIRL
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DANGIRL » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:16 pm

Samatr--We're doing great without SOmalia help It looks like SOmalia needs our help."if my side of the galbeed gets independence I can assure we will join our Isaaq kinsmen to the east." Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing <--That shit was funny man Rolling EyesBut lets be honest here waryaa You and your xabashi ass kissing idiots dont own any land in Ogadenia.

BTW..Nice flag there..Isnt that the rawmeat eaters flag you got there??? Laughing Laughing Laughing One moment you hating the rawmeat eaters,the other moment you praising them.Make up your mind. Rolling Eyes

Samatr
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Samatr » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:27 pm

Keep telling yourself that, that land we have in galbeed was not originally our land, Doqonkii ogaadeen ahaa, Doollo laga qaadye...... Laughing
99% of spies for ethiopian-somali war were ogaadeen, I am surprised you would throw that term xabashi ass kisser so loosely beeing oogaadeen and all, I guess your all dumb. Laughing
Last edited by Samatr on Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unclebin
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Unclebin » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:33 pm

What I hate is when ogadens think that they own all of somali galbeed. Its riduclous and stupid at the same time to beleive such ambitous notions.

FaaraX-TaaJiR

Postby FaaraX-TaaJiR » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:39 pm

Dadkan Ogadenia iyo NFD ku nool dhiigaa tuubaa lagaga nuugey, specially the sijuis. They make me sick wallahi. War 24hrs dad gumaysi ku jira oo haddana ku faanaya addoon iyo xabashi aan xaarka iska dhiqin xukunkooda xaggee lagu arkay?? Somalis living in the worst parts of somalia are 1000 times better off than these slaves that live under Ethiopia and Kenya's rule because they are freeeeeeeeee!!! Wake upp ppl its 2006, almost 50 years after most ppl that lived under colonisation had freed themselves from a much more stronger enemy than these barely human creatures that torment our ppl day and knight.

Camel_herder
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Camel_herder » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:30 am

What i'm more sick and tired of is other somalis behaving as if they are better then reer somali galbeed(ogedenia) or Nfd, when from hargeisa to kismaayo somalis have spilled each other's blood and massacred one another more then the Xabash or Jareer has done to somalis!
and still they continue to hate, kill each other, and try to wish bad for their fellow somalis.

Talk about hypocrisy, at least "reer somali galbeed and nfd" were targetted for their "Islamic faith and Somalinimo" by the Western Euro trash who along with their kufaar Jareers and Xabasho stole somali lands.

@samtr, already you guys are harrasing fellow somalis in hargeisa while spreading red carpet for amxaaro, and you dare blame reer somali galbeed for dhiig la'aan, how ironic.

Walaahi it shall go down in history that the Ogadens have been through the toughest and hardest fights in east africa, while the rest of the somalis basically killed each other.

Men like Sayidka have come from Galbeedka and has won vicotories for the rest of Somalis.

FYI : SomaliGalbeed is shared by alot of Somalis, but it is 65% Ogaden, and 35% other somalis.
In total it is more than likely 80% are Darood, and 20% other somalis.
That should not matter, what should matter is the total independance of all somali regions, and their joining together to form a peaceful and a strong Somali Country!

Samatr
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Samatr » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:40 am

[quote="Camel_herder"]What i'm more sick and tired of is other somalis behaving as if they are better then reer somali galbeed(ogedenia) or Nfd, when from hargeisa to kismaayo somalis have spilled each other's blood and massacred one another more then the Xabash or Jareer has done to somalis!
and still they continue to hate, kill each other, and try to wish bad for their fellow somalis.

Talk about hypocrisy, at least "reer somali galbeed and nfd" were targetted for their "Islamic faith and Somalinimo" by the Western Euro trash who along with their kufaar Jareers and Xabasho stole somali lands.

@samtr, already you guys are harrasing fellow somalis in hargeisa while spreading red carpet for amxaaro, and you dare blame reer somali galbeed for dhiig la'aan, how ironic.

Walaahi it shall go down in history that the Ogadens have been through the toughest and hardest fights in east africa, while the rest of the somalis basically killed each other.

Men like Sayidka have come from Galbeedka and has won vicotories for the rest of Somalis.

FYI : SomaliGalbeed is shared by alot of Somalis, but it is 65% Ogaden, and 35% other somalis.
In total it is more than likely 80% are Darood, and 20% other somalis.
That should not matter, what should matter is the total independance of all somali regions, and their joining together to form a peaceful and a strong Somali Country![/quote]

This has got to be biggest load of BS I have heard in a while.
kulaha galbeed is 80% daarood and the rest is other somalis, I guess those Dir and Isaaq just disappeared into thin air, I guess this is what happens when kids are told fairy tales by their parents.
actually its better you believe that galbeed is 80% darood, that way you will learn the hard way who lives in galbeed if you ever go there. Laughing

Camel_herder
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Camel_herder » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:16 am

@samatar, war ninyahow ma kaadhab baa,

The Dir you talk of live mostly in the Smallest States, such as Shiniile, and some parts of Dire Dawa and Jigjiga.

Where else do they live in besides that?? And don't even get me started with the Isaaq who live around the Waqooyi Galbeed and Somali Galbeed Borders, such as gaashaamo and awaare towns, which are part of the Districts where Darood make up the majority

HERE IS A MAP:

http://www.africa.upenn.edu/eue_web/r5_d.gif

see it for yourself

DamallaXagare
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: &quot;I speak of Africa and the golden years of joy&quot; Shakespeare

Postby DamallaXagare » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:18 am

I am talking to both Dangirl and PHD whose words have angered some of the members they share the lineage with.

Such words depict more of your ignorance and low self-esteem than the very people that is concerned: The Somalis who live in that region, majority of which Ogadeens and NonOgaadens, believe they will one day unite with their brethren. Ex, look at their flag for independence.

But i don't blame you because we are all victims of colonialization , which indeed divided our Somali territory, destroyed our history and indeed created in our mind that which is inferiority complex.

I was reading a book, titled "Garbaduubkii gumeysiga" "The shackles of colonialism" authored by Faarax M.J Cawl in 1978, right after our great army was defeated by Ethiopia with the help of Russia and Cuban mercenaries.

The biggest problem and wrong mentality our people find it hard to deal with is the widespread ignorance of the history of our country in pre and post colonial times. As you have read or know of it, the gravest destruction and damage to our country,with which the Imperliastist states signed elusive and illegal deals with the Amxaaro during the partition of Africa: 1887, 1897, 1948, $1954, was done by the British. Two third of the colonial damages on our country could be blamed on the British. France, Italy and largey our biggest enemy Ethiopia have magnified such damages and then exploited our resources while dehumanizing us mentally.

According to the book, in the starting pages, which illuminates of the history of Somali region in Ethiopia, relates an ordeal that will make you shed tears. The author begins with the widely held belief of many people in (Ogaden) Somali region who happen to be traitors for their cupidity known in Somali region as "Balambaad" (dabadhilif xabashiyeed) or "Amxaaro traitors" . A man called Liibaan who was locally known as members of the Balambaad unit gets locked in "Alanbaqa", a Abu Ghuraib-like prison in Adis Ababa in which most Somalis were kept , beaten, and tortured on a daily basis by the Amhaaro. Unfortunately, Liibaan despite his once-to-be traitor status find himself in that grave niche cell of Alanbaqa. One day after him being chained and his hands tied from the back, naked, and lashed till his skin peeled off, blood dripping off his chest and back, weeping of the painful torture, a man who knew him hears of the news and visits him in the jail. Coincidentally, he encounters one of the routine days in the week as it were a prescribed schedule of a punishment in the Prison. "Is that you Liibaan ," asked the man. Somehow, Liibaan admits his stupid mistakes of supporting the enemy and regrets his past , reiterating that he deserved the punishment.

This is a rueful poem that is in the book,

Oogadeyda eegoo, ulahaas ku yaallaa
Abaalkeyga weeye. ninkaan hore u ogeynow
Ku ishaaro qaadoo, haw abraarin cadowgeen

Indhahayga eegoo, ilmadaas da'aysaa
Abaalkayga weeeye, ninkaan hore ogeynow
Ku ishaaro qaado, how abraarin cadowgeen

Nin iimaan xumaadoo, arligisa nacayoo
Ibliis daabaystoo, ka eedoobey ehelkiis
Sideyduu u eedaa, wuxuu oon ku cuno iyo
Afartiis waaxood, iyo arag ku waayaa

Alla ummal i saaqyey, alla urugadeyday
Egga toobad keene, ifka yaa i geeyoo
Iilkeer uraayiyo iga saara Alanbaqa (!)

I hope you look closely to the message of this peom.

DamallaXagare
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: &quot;I speak of Africa and the golden years of joy&quot; Shakespeare

Postby DamallaXagare » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:09 am

Camelherder, No one denies that people in NFD and Ogaden have suffered enough like Palestine but do remember Oromos despite their number have suffered just like Somalis. Somalis in Somalia are better off today than Somalis under the surveillance of oppression.

It is amazing that a tribe with that Number (Oromo) to be subjugated and reduced to a sociologically minority status.

Somalis need unity. We have both external and internal enemies and we should be able to perceive the inimical presence of the dividers.

Samatr
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Samatr » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:21 am

[quote="Camel_herder"]@samatar, war ninyahow ma kaadhab baa,

The Dir you talk of live mostly in the Smallest States, such as Shiniile, and some parts of Dire Dawa and Jigjiga.

Where else do they live in besides that?? And don't even get me started with the Isaaq who live around the Waqooyi Galbeed and Somali Galbeed Borders, such as gaashaamo and awaare towns, which are part of the Districts where Darood make up the majority

HERE IS A MAP:

http://www.africa.upenn.edu/eue_web/r5_d.gif

see it for yourself[/quote]

As I said, you can believe Daarood are majority everywhere, somethings you will have to see with your own eyes to believe.
I will here some kid telling me Hargeysa is a daarood city in the future, I don't blame you though, I blame your parents who fed you this BS, but then again your the same guy talking about some leelkase sultanate that no one has ever heard of and somehow this sultanate magically disappeared. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Last edited by Samatr on Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

fagash_killer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: And You Can Run For ya Back-up But Them Machine Gun Shells Gone Tear Ya back Up

Postby fagash_killer » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:35 am

no never today the habaashii troops are today deep in the heart of somalia while using caasho yusuf goverment its better so cuss it was afweyne and their somali brothers who betrayed the ogadens but the ogadens where not gratefull their where mo somali soulja fighting than the ogadens and thats why they calling their grounds today ogadenia while the habaashis created the onlf see it just like america created al qaida to find a erxuse to fight terrorism instead they made a united jabhad are they calling them self onlf sorry but these guys are dividing mo the malis in somali galbeed than the habaashi are doing to malis malis do always like to blaim others while they never blaim them selfs pure malis

i still remembring when 1 brave hy guy with boms on his body and shit greated his parents he know he could never return he blowed his self up to free his brothers but what did we gained for return nothing the ufadens joined afweyne army and you know what happend these 1000 brave isaaqs souljas and genrals can atleast r.i.p since we got an countrie now while my heart goes out to the somali vetrans after they lost the battle afweyne sended them to somaliland and today look to them living in pore state it looks like they fought for shit wallahi i hate malis more than the habaashis
Last edited by fagash_killer on Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

BLUE RUSH
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: &lt; in a car somewhere watching fatal hustler out my rear view mirror

Postby BLUE RUSH » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:52 am

who are the Amhaara Smile

fagash_killer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: And You Can Run For ya Back-up But Them Machine Gun Shells Gone Tear Ya back Up

Postby fagash_killer » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:06 am

[quote="BLUE RUSH"]who are the Amhaara Smile[/quote]

our ethopian brothers

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:20 am

Why dont we examine the somali population of Galbeed.

Lets use the admistrative zones used by the ethiopians for convenience.

1.)Werder zone
is majerteen, Ogadeen , Isaaq, Dhulbahante, and even haber gidr and marexaan.
Ogadeen may have a majority share of the population but not outright
majority

2.)Degaxbur
the northern part is largely isaaq also a large dhulbahante population
southern part ogadeen

3.)Jijiga is full of different clans, from small ones like the yabbare, geri ,
to isaaq and gadabursi(More gadabursi live in jijiga, and shinile zones than in Somaliland), and even some oromos.
I dount that ogadeen are majority in this zone, 50% maybe too generous

4.)Shinile zone
This zone has a larger popualtion than degaxbur or Werder and and the Ogadeen population is non existant, this is purely Ciise, Gurgura and Gadabursi territory and some Karanle hawiye.
The city of Dire Dawa has been removed from this and it is a Ciise and Gurgura town, if you include Dire Dawa than it will ahve more population than 3 zones that the Ogadeen think they are majority in,
Korahay,Werder and Degaxbur.

5.) Fik zone
Seems to have large oromo population

6.) Korahey Zone
Ogadeen population , only one that they have all to themsleves.

7.) Gode zone

Gode has 6 districts the ogadeen are majority in only 2 the town of gode and dhanan
fer fer is xawaadle , mustahil ,immey are hawiye and dir.
Kelafo is hawiye and bah geri ogaden

8.) Afder Zone
The Ogadeen share this zone with a large shiekhal popluation and a large Garre population as well as a large Marexaan population as well as some Digil/mirifle and Dir, and small oromo popualtion.

9.) Liben Zone
This zone has a large Garre, Marexaan and Borna oromo popultion
along with the Ogadeen.

so it seems that the Ogadeen population is spread out

So in this case it is more likely that the overall darood population in Somali Galbeed is still in the Majority but not 80% like some said.
It would be more like 65-70% just like the Isaaq population of Somaliland.

Bear in mind this is the Darood population as a whole including all Absame
Geri, and Marexaan as well as Majerteen and Dhulbahante.

Ogadeen will be much less than 50%

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.