Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Would you marry a non-muslim woman?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
+chilli
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Somalia-"We cannot allow former lunatics to take over the asylum"

Postby +chilli » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:48 am

^^ But You Can marry the Christians and Jews right (women of the book)?

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:49 am

Disgusting!!!! Uufff!! Embarassed You can't handle a real Somali woman??? Wait--- u are gay. Yep-- u can go for the 300 pound white blonde from the Gaalo Tuulo---they are not picky! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

COOL-MAN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby COOL-MAN » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:50 am

[quote="+chilli"]^^ But You Can marry the Christians and Jews right (women of the book)?[/quote]

yep but men only can. women should stick to their own.

kufrs of somalinet, feel free to jump ON the above comment make issue of it untill you get tired!

+chilli
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Somalia-"We cannot allow former lunatics to take over the asylum"

Postby +chilli » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:00 am

Yeah I know thanks, it just that the ayan you posted seemed to rule out all none-believers, but I’v heard women of the book are permissible to men…

The Law26
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby The Law26 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:03 am

[quote="COOL-MAN"]qur'an2.221

Do not marry unbelieving women (idolaters), until they believe: A slave woman who believes is better than an unbelieving woman, even though she allures you. Nor marry (your girls) to unbelievers until they believe: A man slave who believes is better than an unbeliever, even though he allures you. Unbelievers do (but) beckon you to the Fire. But Allah beckons by His Grace to the Garden (of bliss) and forgiveness, and makes His Signs clear to mankind: That they may celebrate His praise.[/quote]

Coolman

Correction.

That ayat above you presented was addressed towards marrying pagans. Muslim men are allowed to marry women of the Book, i.e., Jews and Christians. A clear permission is given in the Qura'an by Allah SWT that Muslim men may marry chaste women from the People of the Book but no such permission or refutal is given to Muslim women marrying men from People of the Book. The relevant verse reads, and let me quote for you:

Chapter : 5 (Al-Ma'idah) Verse : 5

"...And lawful for you are chaste believing women and chaste women from among those who were given the Book before you, when you give them their dowries, contracting valid marriage and not committing fornication, nor taking secret paramours..."

COOL-MAN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby COOL-MAN » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:04 am

[quote="+chilli"]Yeah I know thanks, it just that the ayan you posted seemed to rule out all none-believers, but I’v heard women of the book are permissible to men…[/quote]

That was yususf ALI TRANSLATION AND HE PUT IDOLATERS IN BRACKETS. CHECK IT OUT AGAIN.
Last edited by COOL-MAN on Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChaneL-Lover
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen
Location: New Yawk!... you'll find me Between my staggering pile of FRENCH vogue's

Postby ChaneL-Lover » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:06 am

Very Happy

OMG Rolling Eyes
Marriage is one big headache Mad Just get a partner!.It's sooo much easier Rolling Eyes

Very Happy

COOL-MAN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby COOL-MAN » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:22 am

[quote="The Law26"][quote="COOL-MAN"]qur'an2.221

Do not marry unbelieving women (idolaters), until they believe: A slave woman who believes is better than an unbelieving woman, even though she allures you. Nor marry (your girls) to unbelievers until they believe: A man slave who believes is better than an unbeliever, even though he allures you. Unbelievers do (but) beckon you to the Fire. But Allah beckons by His Grace to the Garden (of bliss) and forgiveness, and makes His Signs clear to mankind: That they may celebrate His praise.[/quote]

Coolman

Correction.

That ayat above you presented was addressed towards marrying pagans. Muslim men are allowed to marry women of the Book, i.e., Jews and Christians. A clear permission is given in the Qura'an by Allah SWT that Muslim men may marry chaste women from the People of the Book but no such permission or refutal is given to Muslim women marrying men from People of the Book. The relevant verse reads, and let me quote for you:

Chapter : 5 (Al-Ma'idah) Verse : 5

"...And lawful for you are chaste believing women and chaste women from among those who were given the Book before you, when you give them their dowries, contracting valid marriage and not committing fornication, nor taking secret paramours..."[/quote]

What corrections??

the brother asked "will you marry a non-muslim woman??" and the last time i checked pagans waa non mulsims Idea

The Law26
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby The Law26 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:38 am

What corrections??

the brother asked "will you marry a non-muslim woman??" and the last time i checked pagans waa non mulsims."

Again correction.

Allah SWT commanded Muslim men they can marry Christian and Jewish women because they are considered People of the Book. They are non-Muslims (depending on your definition of a Muslim). The answer is yes, Muslim men can marry non-Muslim women like the above group. Mind you there is not a single ayat in the Qura'an that prohibits Muslim women not marrying people of the Book. This ban was reached by the consensus of the Scholars.

Xplosive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Xplosive » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:39 am

[quote="ChaneL-Lover"]:D

OMG Rolling Eyes
Marriage is one big headache Mad Just get a partner!.It's sooo much easier Rolling Eyes

Very Happy[/quote]

Hello Basra Laughing

COOL-MAN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby COOL-MAN » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:49 am

[quote="The Law26"]What corrections??

the brother asked "will you marry a non-muslim woman??" and the last time i checked pagans waa non mulsims."

Again correction.

Allah SWT commanded Muslim men they can marry Christian and Jewish women because they are considered People of the Book. They are non-Muslims (depending on your definition of a Muslim). The answer is yes, Muslim men can marry non-Muslim women like the above group. Mind you there is not a single ayat in the Qura'an that prohibits Muslim women not marrying people of the Book. This ban was reached by the consensus of the Scholars.[/quote]

law26, are you urguing for the sake of it? where did i say muslim men are prohibited to marry ahlu kitaab??

The Law26
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby The Law26 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:56 am

No, now you clarified the situation, but if you look at your earlier post, let me qoute you;

Not only the pagans, so are Christians and Jews considered as non-Muslims.

Just like you and every other Muslim, it is my role too as a Muslim to clarify things. Anyway thanks for clearing it up. You answer is yes, Muslim men are allowed to marry Christian and Jewish women. That is the end of it.

ERROR
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby ERROR » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:05 am

same, nope, science does not believe in luv. Some1 can like another person to a point but when it comes to "I can't eat without you"/ "I'll killl you/myself if I can't have you" we are talking about psycho ppl. The nearest definition of such luv is "mental imbalance"

100% of ppl who end up in a hospital for luv related issue r treated in the mental ward. Vast majority of homocides in the US where the victim and the killer know each other revolves in current/previous luv relationships.

LUV is poison PPL. The first time i lose interest is when she tells me she loves me beeri beeri much. I picture possible homocide/suicide.

All major religions (to some point) do not allow hanky business b4 marriage.

to the rest
Follow your heart and you'll enjoy a very short time and live in misery 4 the rest. Follow your mind and you'll succeed in life.

[quote="same"]Science proves that love is blind

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3804545.stm[/quote]

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:27 am

Error@loool

Boy...Love has really screwed you up hasn't it!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Xplosive--Helloo to you too sweetheart! Goed morgen Maneer Laughing

ERROR
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby ERROR » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:56 am

lol - basra - honestly, (now) i believe in co-habitation, not necessarily the "L" word. In my teen yrs, yep but @ that time my brain was still growing and lacked full mental capacity Wink

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.