Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Does it ever bother you or,do you ever wonder....

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
DamallaXagare
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: "I speak of Africa and the golden years of joy" Shakespeare

Postby DamallaXagare » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:38 am

[quote="Demure"][quote="DamallaXagare"]As a Human being, there are things that are unexplainable whether Science or anything within the realm of general knowledge. You should know that we are severely limited.[/quote]

You will never grasp everything that's out there, we all know that, But why is it so hard to simply say I don't know? Why is it so important to appear superior to the next person or belittle their question as insignificant or lacking religious foundation if it doesn't sit well with you? Do we still believe in that little white lie oo hooyoo noo sheegii jirtay, when things didn't go well for us; hooyo dadkaas oo dhan waa ka fiicantahay iska dhaaf hadalkooda..?

![/quote]

We say "We don't know , only Allah knows". Allahu Aclam. Allah is the all-knower.

The Law26
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby The Law26 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:17 am

The similarity between most visitors in this place and Paris Hilton is their lack of ability to think for themselves. Jean-Paul Sartore once quipped “It would be better if I could only stop thinking. Thoughtless are the dullest things”. We can’t even think of ways to solve our own problems back home, and the world is in awe of the suffering of Somalis and why we can’t fix it. Little did they know we became like Paris Hilton when she mused, “ I don’t really think, I just walk”. Don’t let these idiots get under your skin.

Gamadid.
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Gamadid. » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:02 am

Galol,

Very logical answer but inapplicable to the many muslims in the west who are recalcitrantly unyielding in their beliefs. These muslims are very conscious of their beliefs. What is there to stop if Farah decides to call islam quits today? Dhuuso has done it, Somalilight did it and most definitely, in ancient times, you had done it. I was generally addressing Dhuuso's persistent take on everything from the angle of atheism and his pursuit to prove how God is a myth adn beliefs illogical. The fact that the theory he has mentioned is criticised for being unemperical doesn't matter to him. And you know how the likes of Dhuuso pride themselves to be guided by practical applications in all matters, yet the dissonant theory is as good as a verse and evidential. hmm! Forget how he failed to make a strong case for hannah to take one more step into the abyss.

Dhuuso.

If I have faith in God, it doesn't mean I am unable to think. Western thought which I suspect has great value to you is replete with rich philosophical support for God's existence. And I am certain you wouldn't call Descarte, Galileo, Pascal, Spinoza and other like minded philophers and scientists mindless people who were ignorant. Everyone in this world who is sane and mature wants to know what is, was, and will be. I am quite happy with my choice and hope the same for you so you can relax and stop bothering people with your dogmatic approach to life.

I may have read more than you have Very Happy Aan wax ku baree buug soo qaado. Straw man argument won't help you get anywhere Dhuuso.

Dhaga Bacayl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Dhaga Bacayl » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:53 pm

Hannah...what happen boo?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.