Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somali CULTURE is BIGGER than all of us-Im a changed man

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Homer Simpso
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Somali CULTURE is BIGGER than all of us-Im a changed man

Postby Homer Simpso » Sat May 06, 2006 6:30 am

eventhough I was born and bred in Mogadishu, the capital of Somalia (to those who dont know where mogadishu is), I took for granted that the Somali culture is held by the MIYI people and once you are born in town you strive for an urban culture... it was all wrong!!!!...
I have been to an Ethiopian bar last nite.. everything about it was Ethiopian, the first time I have ever been to Ethiopian bar.. I was a prejudist I guess, I never liked Ethiopians fairly because they screwed with my country.. but im a changed man since last nige... this is what happened..

Me and my gurl went to the bar.. we were the only Somalis in the whole bar, everyone else was ethiopian.. The bar was beautiful, they ate with the hands and ethiopian chicks served the food. somewhere midnite an ethiopian band started performing ethiopian songs.. the people started danceing weirdly moving their shoulders side to side... it was all ethiopian.. I kept frowning and disliking because they were Ethiopians.... now this is the funny part--- outta blue, the guy who was singing started singing a Somali song!!!.. and I was like am I hearing this?... and yes it was really a somali song!!!.. me and my gurl joined the dance.. me singing out loud with the song and to my astonishing, the other Ethiopians started singing along with the somali song... I wasnt the only who was singing with the somali song, they were all singing!!!.. the singer come upto getting the mic closer to me (he knew I was somali) and allowed me to sing with him!!.. I sung with him and dance freely with other ethiopian chicks.... I had a greate time.. he sung 3 Somali songs for me and my gurl... and every ethiopian was welcoming.. some Ethiopian guy come upto and told me he was born in Diradhabe, he says like I was born in Magaalo Diradhabe.. I had to laugh.. I said good for you.. do I care!!!

the moral point of the story is, that Ethiopians arent that bad, they love our culture and take full advantage of it... they are just scared of us, thinking tha we hate them, and ofcourse we hate them untill you discover that they dont harbor any hatred towards us.....

I have been to millions of somali parties and I have never seen a somali singer performing an Ethiopian song but the Ethiopians do sing our songs in their parties!!!.... the ethiopian singer that night told me he loves to sing somali songs... the strange thing was when he started singing in Somali, the dancers in the hall started dancing like Somali and not like Ethiopians with their shoulders!!!...

I LOVE MY CULTURE

DEMOLITION MAN
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby DEMOLITION MAN » Sat May 06, 2006 8:53 am

Homor

man dont know how things in the US but over here there are lot of ETHIO-SOMALI albums on the mixture, becouse probably 1/3 of the ethiopian population are somali,

anyway i went to ATLANTA GEORGIA TO VISIT MY FAMILY 2 years ego

USA is really shit compared to the UK

Homer Simpso
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Homer Simpso » Sat May 06, 2006 11:25 am

Demol... why do you say USA is sh!t compared to UK... I have heard bad stories about UK.. Somalis who live there stink like hell I have heard.. they live in houses that is on the brink of collopse!!!... Somali people dont crap and stink from a mile... they dont remove the duibers from their front doors.. they throw the rubish from the floors into the ground.... you hear all this and you claim that UK is better than US... hmmm that crazy.. the only place which is worse than UK is Somalia....

avowedly-agnostic
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby avowedly-agnostic » Sat May 06, 2006 11:30 am

Hey hey! Tartiib saxiib.

Homer Simpso
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Homer Simpso » Sat May 06, 2006 12:38 pm

what do you mean tartiib!!!... that is correct, aint that right?

Mad_Dog206
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: With President Kim Jong Il, President of Jubbaland State of Kenya

Postby Mad_Dog206 » Sat May 06, 2006 8:32 pm

Camel_herder
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Camel_herder » Sat May 06, 2006 11:01 pm

Arrow Hey, Homer what you said makes sense walaahi

We let our Religion Down.
We let our Nation Down.
We let our Culture Down.

and most of all we let ourselves Down.

Instead of building bridges and breaking barriers we are creating mountains of obstacles in our nation, and making it harder for our younger generation.

Our culture is indeed beautiful, somalia was referred to as the Land of Poets and Frankincense.

We have beatiful words, wisdom and spirit. But it's somewho misdirected and misused.

What i found that was astonishing is that after all the discrimination and prejudice the Jewish Amxaaro felt in Ethiopia, they are demonstrating in Jereselam for the caues of Ethiopia and their Amxaaro people.

It's amazing to see people who luv each other that much.

and us somalis hate each other for no logical reason. forget among somalis, but you'll see even cousons and people of the same clan hating each other on sub-subclan terms.

until the famous proverb becomes a reality "My Brother and i against my couson"...........etc...etc...........

Here is the pictures of the Amxaaro Jews in Israel Demostrating for peace to take place in their estranged homeland:

http://photos.ethiopianow.com/thumbnails.php?album=2

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.